Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2014, 10:22 PM   #43

There are a few on each one Even if one was gone which they only crack they are rubber size of maybe a quarter a monkey could not only make one, but surely add silicone to it and as stated b4 it will not move in the time you own your coach.PERIOD no offense, J.R.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2014, 05:34 AM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
As promised earlier, I grilled Entegra CS on this "issue". The hard plastic stops on Entegras (and likely other coaches) primary role os to maintain alignment.

Entegra went to this system when they added the remote control to slide extension and retraction. The older approach (used in Travel Supremes) had an Intellitech sensor that, when the stop was reached, an electric sensor triggered, stopping the slide.

Occasionally, the operator may hold the retraction button just a moment too long, torquing the stop which results in snapping the thin aluminum screw that holds the hard plastic stop.

So this is the ENTEGRA answer. They do not view it as a problem or a poorly designed solution as they view the stops as doing precisely what they were intended to do. As I have seen this same solution on Newmars (on DS using styrofoam stops), it would seem to me that at least some of the industry is doing the same.

Not a brand loyalty perspective for me...just reporting what I've been told, and now the reason behind the choice of solutions.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:37 AM   #45

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Dealers should work with EC to develop a fix.
My Monaco has great slides.
Just like my Travel Supreme that had great slides.......but they aren't around anymore. Monaco is coming back, but will it be like the TS...not the same slides? Manufactures do move on and change owners and with the moves...corners are being cut.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:44 AM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck, my sense is that it isn't cutting corners so much as, according to Entegra CS (Don who used to work the TSs), a workable solution. My guess is they haven't designed an alternative that will accommodate the remote controls. Doesn't seem like it would be that hard...but I doubt that they would anyway, as Entegra doesn't view it as an issue. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 06:15 AM   #47

Entegra Owners Club
Same here Dave, I don't view it as much of an issue either. Not as nice as the auto slides, but I haven't experienced any problems yet. I use the remote a lot and do like it, so for me it is a trade off. If the remote is the reason for the manual slides, that explains it and I can live with that. If I have to replace a plastic block once in awhile, I can live with that too. If it becomes constant, that would be a different story.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:25 AM   #48

I have had mine replaced twice already. Along with having stuck slides at times. I am also without most of the screws that were pointed out in previous post. Finally, I have the corners of the slides that have been "eaten up". They need to be replaced and repainted. I have seen all of these issues on many of our brethren. Are they showstoppers...no. Are they an indication of misalignment? user error? These and other issues once fixed, should not be a problem. But what of the issues twice, three times fixed that keep coming back?
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:14 AM   #49

Just back from Entegra Camp and had several slide stops replaced. They had been mounted too high and as a result were binding a bit when the slides came is. They redid them and gave me a spare. You need to be careful when pulling the slides in as the motor is very powerful and it can pull the sides in too far.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:49 AM   #50

Corey silicone those babies in the spot brither they will stay
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:29 AM   #51

Entegra Owners Club
I know this is an old thread, but I did not see any updates anywhere else. Where are these slide stoppers usually? on 3 of the 4 slides, one corner or another is 'in too far' and no longer flush with the sidewalls. I dont see anything on the inside seam of the slide itself, and only the rubber weather stripping on the coach side (with slides out). I am wondering if these blocks could be the cause of the slides not being flush when closed? Also a few of the vertical gaps are not uniform on the slides. For example its 1/4" on one side and 1/2-5/8" on the other when closed. I plan on taking the coach to RVone next month (closest Entegra repair shop to me) but if I could save the 4.5 hour trip...

Thanks all!
jbreault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:49 AM   #52

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Has anyone tried to buy some Skateboard wheels. They are polyurethane.
You can also buy automotive suspension bushings that are polyurethane.

You may need to change the bolt size or use a reducer.
also if you use a skateboard wheel, you can cut it with a hacksaw to square up the sides if needed.

Regards,

Dan
Old 03-17-2015, 12:23 PM   #53

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks to this post and another one like it....I had screws that were only partially in on a few of the slide block and some twisted in place. I took Johnnyreno's advise and backed off or removed the slide blocks...aligned them and put a dab of silicone behind them then tightened them with proper alignment. Everything is working fine, I just checked the other day measuring for slide LED light.

Jeff, it sounds like your slides may be out of alignment, but the slide blocks are on the lower outside edge, under the slides. There was a photo the TXBart had on another post regarding the slide blocks.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:48 PM   #54

Entegra Owners Club
At least half of my blocks are gone, screws sheared off leaving the screw behind.

I developed a "styrofoam" type squeak at the P/S front slide on this trip. That slide has only one or two blocks left, I wonder if there is a connection? I talked to CS about the squeak, they are aware of it and several remedies, none have anything to do with the blocks. The squeak starts 10-100 miles down the road, can be temporarily stopped by extending the slide an inch or so then retracting, just hitting retract does nothing for it. It doesn't happen every travel day. EC can work on it in May.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:21 PM   #55

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
At least half of my blocks are gone, screws sheared off leaving the screw behind.
Thanks to the post you did way back when, I found a few screw that were 1/2 way out that would have sheared off and one that was sheared off. Thanks to that post, they were corrected and I now stop the slides as soon as the motor slows down. That was a great post after being use to automatic slides for so many years.

Tags
slide