Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2017, 06:17 PM   #1

Slightly OT Here - Storing RV

Any tips or tricks for finding a home for your RV (ideally indoors). We are in NW Indiana and sadly the coach will spend more time parked (suspect we are on the very younger end for Entegra Owners).

I have scoured Craigslist and googled myself silly. I also looked for this type of info in a sub forum and didn't have luck. This is just another expense I want to be sure we are accurately budgeting before we make a purchase.

Excited to go tour the factory tomorrow
g00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2017, 06:49 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I store my MH inside of an aircraft hanger in a private airpark. I just met another MH owner that also stores his at a county airport in a hanger with 4 other MH's.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I store my MH inside of an aircraft hanger in a private airpark. I just met another MH owner that also stores his at a county airport in a hanger with 4 other MH's.
We do have an airport here in town - will check out those options. Thanks!
Old 08-17-2017, 07:11 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Before going full time we stored our at a covered storage facility. Be sure to winterize before the cold snaps. It is easy. Ensure you check your battery water level monthly. You need power to keep them charged. 15 amps worked fine for us. Just limit the amps on your charger so as not to trip the breaker on the power pedestal. Last but not least keep fridge stocked with booze for when you need to check on the coach an you need some me time. Cheers
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:16 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Okay, bizzarro here.

We were formerly from the Midwest before Florida (Kansas City). It is a common practice there (my brother in law does) to store your RV in one of the massive limestone caves that companies have for underground storage. They have concrete floors, epoxy walls, lots of overhead lights, massive doors. I am talking like 800 units underground at a constant 55 deg F year round with "valet" parking. The cost is the same as a building storage and you don't have to winterize. The place I used in Kansas City had Canadian owners from as far away as Quebec.

We loved it because we could call up in a January and arrange to get our RV and show up without winterizing and drive our RV away to warmer climates. Likewise in hot weather it was always comfortable.

http://www.innerspacestorage.com
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:02 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Just a thought ... but if you aren't planning on using it all winter, why not take it down to Atlanta and have it stored at NIRVC? Then if, you do get a chance to get away, a quick drive or plane flight to Atlanta and you will have it totally ready for your trip. I understand they check batteries, tire pressure, get your frig cold for you prior to your arrival, etc. Just a thought .....
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 05:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Just a thought ... but if you aren't planning on using it all winter, why not take it down to Atlanta and have it stored at NIRVC? Then if, you do get a chance to get away, a quick drive or plane flight to Atlanta and you will have it totally ready for your trip. I understand they check batteries, tire pressure, get your frig cold for you prior to your arrival, etc. Just a thought .....
Seeing that might be where we buy the RV (assuming we go Entegra) that is another thought.

My parents are just a few hours from ATL and flights down there are cheap for sure.

Sadly we would probably want to use it a handful of times during the winter to skimp on hotels for travelling sport events. Maybe that is a "tripping over dollars to save pennies" sort of deal. Again, we are RV n00bies so I do appreciate the comments from those who have already...

Thanks for the thought!
Old 08-19-2017, 06:43 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
We may just be lucky, but we've found a facility that is part of a storage company. In addition to the storage units, it has covered, although not indoor, storage with 30 amps and excellent security. It's 30 miles from our house so very convenient for loading and unloading, but no concierge type services. Easy to get to to check on and available for short trips. It's about $110 month so we keep it for convenience even though we don't use it exclusively.

CHeck with storage companies and maybe with some compromise you'll find something that works nearby. We plan to use NIRVC for longer term storage when we know we won't be using the coach for a while and we might need to winterize.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:39 AM   #9

@saltydog,

That is what I am struggling to find - storage with electric hookup. I can find outdoor storage right down the road and there are several other Class A and Class C along with 5th wheels there. Downside is it is in an open lot and no electric. Further, I am not sure how easy it would be to get in and out on a routine basis...

Again, thanks for the comments!
Old 08-20-2017, 07:01 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Whatever you get make sure it is a covered space.
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 07:38 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2Travel View Post
Whatever you get make sure it is a covered space.
I figured this would be strongly suggested. Thanks!
Old 08-20-2017, 08:21 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
I picture NW Indiana as farm country. Any converted barns or poultry houses? In Denver I winter stored my boat in a converted heated chicken barn. Found out about it from a local boat dealer. Dad & Mom were in the egg business, sons inherited the farm and turned the out building into storage 10 miles outside of town.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light