Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2014, 09:29 PM   #15

color of anti freeze

They have a new anti freeze out for AH, it is a light green in color if it the new AF sould be a sticker on your AH. Donot mix the new AF with the red boiler AH,they are not compatable,AND NEVER USE ANY AUTO ANTI FREEZE IN AN AQUA HOT.

Ben
girlydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2014, 11:24 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Yes sir. I found out where it is coming from. The coolant reservoir propylene glycol was overfilled from the factory / dealer. The reservoir has a cold fill line (lower fill level) and a hot fill line (upper fill line). The coolant was significantly over the the upper fill line and when the Aqua-hot heated up, the fluid level went up into the overfill tube and out onto the concrete.

Fortunately it was nothing major. The coolant reservoir level was corrected and hopefully that will take care of the problem.

Thanks to everyone for their help. I appreciate it.
Plozano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:26 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Nice to hear it was an easy fix Paul. Good reminder to add that item when taking delivery.

Ben,
I have the new green coolant in my AH. I am hearing it is not readily available on the open market yet. I hope that changes soon.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:45 AM   #18

where to get new anti freeze

Wife & I went to school at the AQUA HOT factory to be factory qualified techs. In the class the reason on the change people were using the red colored truck anti freeze in there AH. This is a change at the builders of the coaches,even AQUA HOT can't get the anti freeze as of April 2014. Now the bad news the only place that you can get the new AF is at Flemming
sales Elkhart ind. And the price is ONLY 27.00 dollars a gallon

Ben & Terry
girlydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:01 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlydogs View Post
Wife & I went to school at the AQUA HOT factory to be factory qualified techs. In the class the reason on the change people were using the red colored truck anti freeze in there AH. This is a change at the builders of the coaches,even AQUA HOT can't get the anti freeze as of April 2014. Now the bad news the only place that you can get the new AF is at Flemming
sales Elkhart ind. And the price is ONLY 27.00 dollars a gallon

Ben & Terry
I have heard that some of the larger RV dealers are starting to get this in drums and might sell a gallon for a lot less, but not from the parts dept. You have to bring it in for service. It is ridiculous manufactures changed fluid, but haven't supplied CAMCO with the formula so they can get it on the open market.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:10 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
I got a gallon while at Camp Entegra. All one needs is a jug (and the money).
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:40 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbersdad View Post
I got a gallon while at Camp Entegra. All one needs is a jug (and the money).
I wish I would have though of that when we saw you there. We were too involved with the "final" delivery of our coach and didn't even think about AH fluid at the time. 20/20 hindsight. I did remember to check it though
Old 07-20-2014, 01:18 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Sorry, Pat, but I've never smelled my AH while burning diesel. I'm sure there is a slight smell...but stinking up the neighbors campsite is an overstatement IMHO. And some uf us would prefer to use the space and weight required for LP to carry other stuff...chocolate and vanilla...each to his own. I haven't had the other problems, and I have experienced down to 15 degrees.
This is correct I can honestly barely smell mine while running and I have to be in the wet bay to working . just saying
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlydogs View Post
They have a new anti freeze out for AH, it is a light green in color if it the new AF sould be a sticker on your AH. Donot mix the new AF with the red boiler AH,they are not compatable,AND NEVER USE ANY AUTO ANTI FREEZE IN AN AQUA HOT.

Ben

Not technically true, but true for a number of years. Up through the 100-02s AquaHot units of about '03, AquaHot used standard ethylene glycol as boiler fluid. Up to that point, the fresh water loop was wrapped around the outside of the boiler vessel and was not in direct contact with the boiler fluid. When the hot water loop was moved into the pressure vessel, then change was made to safer boiler fluid.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote