Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2020, 01:51 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Smart TV

greetings Entegra Family,

for those who have a cornerstone 45K I want to replace the kitchen tv with a Samsung Smart TV. The inservice date of this coach wa December 2013.

I have no idea how to remove the TV nor the largest size TV that I can put there.

Any help would be appreciated.
sdesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2020, 01:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdesha View Post
greetings Entegra Family,

for those who have a cornerstone 45K I want to replace the kitchen tv with a Samsung Smart TV. The inservice date of this coach wa December 2013.

I have no idea how to remove the TV nor the largest size TV that I can put there.

Any help would be appreciated.
There’s a screw in middle of tv underneath. Remove that screw and tv will swing forward at bottom and you can lift it up to remove from bracket. 50 inch is what’s in there now.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:07 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
what are the demotions of the 50 inch in there now? The width of my opening is just a little over 42 inches
sdesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdesha View Post
what are the demotions of the 50 inch in there now? The width of my opening is just a little over 42 inches
I don’t know the dimensions of what’s in there now. Take your tape measure with you and buy one that will fit. Tvs are measured diagonally so a 50 inch tv will measure somewhat less than 50 inches horizontally.
After thinking about it I believe the 45k has a 46 inch tv measured diagonally which would be correct for your horizontal measurement of a little over 42 inches.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 02:02 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
For a 16:9 ratio TV (most these days) you can use this formula to calculate actual width and height from the diagonal measurement:

Diag ÷ 18.4 × 16 = width
Diag ÷ 18.4 x 9 = height

So a 48" TV would be 41.7"w x 23.5"h

Note however that is the size of the screen, the TV unit itself will be larger depending on how chunky the bezel is. Most decent sets today have pretty thin bezels so you might be able to fit up to a 48".
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 04:27 AM   #6

Not so fast.... I have no clue as to where or how the OP’s TV is mounted, but Do NOT use the measurements of the screen. While it is close, make sure you measure the frame/bezel. Recently I asked my son for a new Smart TV to replace the one in my RV and said it could not exceed 43 inches as that is what was there before. Well he got me a 43 inch LG that is a great TV. Only problem is it was about a 1/2” too wide to fit where the old Vizio was. That doesn't seem like a lot, but it wouldn’t let the TV lie flat against the wall and lock into place. Screen measurements do not tell the whole story. Many times they advertise TV’s as 43 inch “class” as in it’s close to 43, could be a little less or a little more. Take the actual TV’s outside measurements, measurements of the opening should not be exceeded.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:32 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Easy solution, go to Costco or Best Buy with a tape measure. Measure your opening before you go. Costco will have a better selection. As Voltdoc said, look for the smaller bezel TV's to get the largest screen. (almost said picture tube )
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:19 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
You also need to take note of where the mounting holes - have seen TV with holes on the upper or lower part of the TV back - replaced the TV on my prior MH and had to use mounting adapters to get them to work - there is no standard, so you need to verify -
mike625 is offline   Reply With Quote