Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2016, 12:24 PM   #29

I sincerely hope this is what is best for Tadd. Obviously that is the reason why he resigned. I'm afraid Pat Carroll will be next. If we lose Joyce we are cooked.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2016, 12:40 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

I don't see these cuts as going any further. They still need someone to head up product design and customer service and they have the best there is in those positions. Then again, I didn't foresee Tadd or the other presidents leaving - even though this is an election year.

I've never met Matt but I've communicated with him via email for some articles I did on the Jayco towables and he seemed like an okay guy and very helpful. Hopefully he will be at NIRVC's Grand Opening so I can get to know him better.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:27 PM   #31

With many of us planning to attend the NIRVC Grand Opening next month it will be interesting to see if Matt does attend, suspect it will be a respectful crowd trying to gather information and how processes will continue to be improved with less 'steerage' from a dedicated President. With more and more companies cutting benefits at the 'back end', i.e. pension reductions, I'd hate to see them do something that really hurts the loyalty that Entegra owners consistently display...like the 2 year PDI.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:27 PM   #32

well I have no dog in this hunt but I wish the best for Tadd. If you ever needed anything Tadd was always there for you. A stand up Guy! I also know that he has other business interests (chevy dealership) so he will be just fine. Best wishes and much happiness Tadd.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:58 PM   #33

I have met Tad a few times and found him to be a fine and upstanding gentleman. When the buyout was announced I had my new Cornerstone on order. I tried to get out of the deal,as I had had a very unpleasant experience with a Thor product. I was extremely surprised to get a phone call from Tad telling me things would remain the same, so I decided to not try to back out.That call really impressed me as to the type of people that were at Entegra. We sure are going to miss him and hope that things do stay the same at Entegra. Just as a footnote I placed a call to Bob Martin at thor to voice my displeasure,got a secretary who asked what it was about.After I told her she said she would have Mr. Martin return my call,but I am not holding my breath.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:42 PM   #34

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
I would like to publicly thank Tadd Jenkins for his service to Entegra Coach and his enthusiastic and unwavering support for the Entegra Coach Owners Association. He has been a visable presence at so many of our activities and he will be sorely missed.

Derald Bontrager called me this afternoon and he reiterated many of the things that Cruzer wrote in an earlier IRV2 post. Matt Thomson is the new COO for Jayco, and both expressed their support for the Owners Club. When asked about support for rallies and club events it was stated that support will continue as in the past.

Contrary to many of the speculative thoughts shared in IRV2 earlier today, this was purely an internal Jayco decision. Prudent people recognize that decisions are made for the health of the company. This particular decision allows Jayco to flatten the chain of command.

Tadd Jenkins will be missed going forward. He was instrumental in building both the brand, and nurturing what we call the Entegra Family. Many of us came to trust Entegra Coach because of his exemplary honesty and character. I'm sure he will land on his feet.

It is my hope that Mr. Bontrager and Matt Thompson will continue to nurture the Entegra Family.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
www.entegraowners.com
2017 Anthem DEQ/Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 05:47 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
People come and people go. At that level of management, when there is a shuffle, some set in a better position, based upon how they operated around the table prior to the shake up. I can say from experience, that there is ALWAYS a level of politics at play at that level. I can also say that at any point, if you made an ultimatum, or demands, or you were leaving, you would be more susceptible to being on the outside looking in (none of us know the total circumstances of the first Jenkins departure, but it has been suggested that there was a level of demand that was not met). And to think that calling someone after this type of decision has been made, pardon me, seems a little foolish to expect change. May make you feel better, but if you were the Bontragers, how could you reverse this decision now....really???!!! JMHO

The only regret that I have about this is the undoubtable trolls that will cry doom and gloom for all existing and future customers. So get ready. And maybe they'll be right. I can assure you, we'll get our share of "I told you so" about the Thor acquisition. For the potential new Entegra customers...nothing changed, you still have to do your do diligence and decide what depreciating asset you want to purchase in your future, regardless of company.

I, like Dusty56, wish Tadd the best. He will be successful at whatever he sets out do do...sometimes a move like this can be exactly what is best for him too. Just saying.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 05:49 PM   #36

Back in July there was a string about Thor's buyout of Entegra.
I posted that 'life is no guarantee, just as businesses are no guarantee as to its longevity, even the folks that operate and work for them.'
I don't know Mr. Jenkins, but I wish him nothing but the best as I'm sure he has seen much worse.
And we all are experiencing much turmoil at Entegra, from CS and the Service Center. I'm sure there is more to come and speculation gets us no where, unless you're the nervous sort.
Just drive on till the rubber is gone!
Jack

Sent from my iPhone 70NAM
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 06:11 PM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Buy a few share of TMC / Thor stock

Buy a few share of TMC / Thor stock, attend the shareholders meeting or at least read all of the proxy statements prior to the annual meeting. Read their 10K statements. Benchmark where the company is today for reference down the road, although it may be hard to breakout figures on just Entegra's business unit. Look instead at unit sales. Then if you still want to complain start writing letters to the board and invested shareholders.

Thor didn't really spend a whole lot of money to acquire Entegra and it was an acquisition not a merger. The good new is that Thor is familiar with Class A diesel coaches. Thor had a terrible reputation from the Palazzo to the top of the line. Do they want to repeat that with Entegra. Yes, moral will be low for a while, probably a week or two, but all these people in engineering, service & production eventually have to earn a living. If upper management wants to just push crap out the door that will happen. Product champions may end up being a rare species. OTOH, why would Thor let everything go to hell in a hand basket. They do have shareholders to answer to... I sincerely doubt if Thor will just run Entegra into the ground, unlike other acquisitions where parts of a company were worth more than the whole and sold off piecemeal. Don't think that is going to happen here, at least I hope not.

The other thing that could have a major impact would be buyers cancelling orders, Also hope that does not happen. But now without someone like Tadd to talk people off the cliff nobody believing that person anyway...who knows.

Funny, I was on a management team for a division of RCA when it was acquired by GE. I watched Thornton Bradshaw (RCA) and Jack Welch (GE) stand on the stage at 30 Rock and tell everyone they were not making any moves and both companies would exist like they did before the acquisition. A week later my division was sold, deal was already negotiated before the dog and pony show at 30 Rock.

I regret that Tadd is gone, but not surprised. Now I want to see what happens. Is everyone going to be scared to make a decision for the good of the customer. I think back to my recent service visit in Middlebury, a couple had a roof issue on an out of warranty coach. Entegra stepped up and replaced the roof. This is the kind of stuff that make Thor Class A's THOR and Entegra Class A's Entegra. I know which one I am happy to own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem46 View Post
Just heard a rumor that Tadd Jenkins was dismissed last night from Jayco. Good luck to us all.
Old 11-18-2016, 06:19 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
I wrote Tadd a note wishing him well - he is a big part of what Entegra has become. OTOH he isn't the only one who has made this company great.

It isn't clear why such a move would be made. If things were going well and the company were profitable, why change. I have no idea the terms of the deal with Thor, but since Thor now owns Jayco - why would the Bontragers be so focused on cost control? Maybe some sort of payout equation - but again who knows?

As Cruzer stated - there are huge differences in the issues for towables vs DP's. The span of control seems pretty broad.

Personally - I don't think this sound like a good strategic move. Short term cost control - maybe.
Old 11-18-2016, 06:21 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
There goes Tadd's guaranty that the shade motors will continue to be replaced after warranty. You are correct that the production line "really worked" for Tadd and enjoyed it. When he left before, moral went into the toilet, production put blinders on and sent coaches out the door. I pray that never happens again. I talked to a couple of the workers when we returned to pick up our coach and they told me what the "other guy" was like that took Tadd's place in 2013-2014. They wouldn't work for him and it showed. Tadd was not even President then, just upper management. Again, just my personal experience.

Thanks for the inside report Mark.
Interesting you brought this up....I just called to get a replacement motor (which I received on earlier this year in August NOTE outside of my warranty) and was told nope! I was informed that they were covering these for four years and since my coach is June 2012 I was outside the 4 years. I informed them that they had provided one to me in August, but they said that was a grace period. I really hope this is not a sign to come!!

Jeff & Terri Burklo
2012 Aspire DEQ
2011 Jeep Liberty
Jburklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 07:01 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
With many of us planning to attend the NIRVC Grand Opening next month it will be interesting to see if Matt does attend, suspect it will be a respectful crowd trying to gather information and how processes will continue to be improved with less 'steerage' from a dedicated President. With more and more companies cutting benefits at the 'back end', i.e. pension reductions, I'd hate to see them do something that really hurts the loyalty that Entegra owners consistently display...like the 2 year PDI.
Just last week, my 2 year PDI was denied. Was told "due to growth" it is being phased out.
FYI, GrAndy
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 07:18 PM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS30 View Post
Just last week, my 2 year PDI was denied. Was told "due to growth" it is being phased out.

FYI, GrAndy

Wow - that is really disappointing. Did you tell them that maybe the two year PDI contributed to Entegras growth? More I'm reading, the more I'm thinking the Entegra of old, may no longer be there 😥
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 07:27 PM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS30 View Post
FYI, GrAndy
Really Sad
They are taking the sharp edge right off their own knife..........that they use to do "Battle" with.........

Tags
jayco