RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2016, 07:10 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
So much for NO changes at Jayco!!!!

Just heard a rumor that Tadd Jenkins was dismissed last night from Jayco. Good luck to us all.

2015 Cornerstone 45B, 2014 Anthem RBQ
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2016, 07:28 AM   #2

So much for NO changes at Jayco!!!!

Did not sleep well last night but do not panic just yet until it all shakes out in the light of day. Nobody knows where everything goes from here at this time. Everyone take a deep breath and calm down until we know more for sure. It certainly appears to be devasting at first glance. AND the fact is Tadd was not fired , he resigned after at the end of a meeting with the Bontragers. All JMHO

2016 45 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed

Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 07:34 AM   #3

Of course, the issue is "By Whom" and "For What".

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 07:35 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
He left once before during the construction of my coach...it turned into a nightmare. I hope others do not have the same problems and history does not repeat itself. Again, just my experience. The real question will be what is moral going to be like on the production line?
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:00 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club

Say what you want but there can't possibly be any good news in that!
Nowabeachbum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:14 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I just talked to Tadd and found out what is going on.

He really was not dismissed. His position was eliminated. In fact, the heads of all four Jayco divisions have been eliminated. Tadd just does his job very well but I happen to know that he doesn't do politics very well so he was out-maneuvered. Matt Thompson has now stepped up to be the CEO of all four Jayco divisions.

Tadd had told Derald years back that he would only work for him so when he was asked to resign, Tadd tendered his resignation. I will say that Tadd is good with this and holds no ill will or malice. He will pursue whatever other opportunities appear.

As to the earlier question regarding morale, I think this will be a big hit. After spending 3 weeks on the production line with the workers I found that there was a unique relationship between Tadd and the employees that other manufacturers could only dream about. Everyone worked as a team and esprite d' core was high.

Personally, I think that if this bothers you it would be a good idea to call Thor's central office and ask for Bob Martin. Express your feelings to him. Who knows what that might accomplish? After all, Bob did stand up at Summerfest and state that there would be no changes in the way Jayco was run.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:27 AM   #7

Well, as I said, the issue is By Whom and For What.

If Cruzer's information is correct, then my guess is that it was by Thor Industries and an interest in reducing 4 Presidents to one President. That has to translate into less attention to each of the four divisions than was the case a few weeks ago, which is not a good sign. There are still problems in production and Quality Control at Entegra and doing something to reduce those problems by paying even more attention to what needs fixed, but paying less attention is not a good way of dealing with them. JMHO. I will wait and see what happens. I might be wrong. Anyone who has been through major shifts in management knows that it is rarely smooth or uniformly good.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:36 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
There goes Tadd's guaranty that the shade motors will continue to be replaced after warranty. You are correct that the production line "really worked" for Tadd and enjoyed it. When he left before, moral went into the toilet, production put blinders on and sent coaches out the door. I pray that never happens again. I talked to a couple of the workers when we returned to pick up our coach and they told me what the "other guy" was like that took Tadd's place in 2013-2014. They wouldn't work for him and it showed. Tadd was not even President then, just upper management. Again, just my personal experience.

Thanks for the inside report Mark.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:58 AM   #9

Quote:
Personally, I think that if this bothers you it would be a good idea to call Thor's central office and ask for Bob Martin. Express your feelings to him. Who knows what that might accomplish? After all, Bob did stand up at Summerfest and state that there would be no changes in the way Jayco was run.
Mark, I think that is an excellent idea. This move MAY cost each of us thousands in lost value if the brand looses market share or quality perception going forward. All of us have skin in the game and our voice should be heard. Again JMHO

2016 45 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:58 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post

I will be writing a letter to Bob Martin and telling him that he lied to us at Summerfest. Very disappointing.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:01 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

One of my concerns is that there is a big difference between motorized, especially a higher end product like Entegra, and towable products. The four divisions - Jayco Motorized, Jayco Towables, Highland Ridge and StarCraft are quite unique and require a different management style that can't easily be covered by a single person.

I understand why a manufacturer would want to consolidate expense and eliminate any extra costs by reducing the higher salaried positions but sometimes those changes can affect the bottom line negatively if the talents brought by the non-eliminated positions cannot be replaced and sales decrease or warranty expenses increase.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:01 AM   #12

I have one of the 2014 non-Tadd coaches as well. Tad and Joyce fixed its problems. I doubt another CS team would have done so as quickly and graciously as they did.

Anyone have Mr. Martin's address? Mark?
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 09:02 AM   #13

A huge WOW ! Sue and I stood talking with Tadd in the parking lot yesterday afternoon discussing upcoming events and how happy we are with our Anthem and what a team of dedicated people he has assembled to move Entegra forward.

I agree this may not be the end of the world but it's not what we were told would occur with Thor's hands off approach to ownership of Entegra. Makes one wonder when the next shoe drops !
Hayman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 09:09 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
I will be writing a letter to Bob Martin and telling him that he lied to us at Summerfest. Very disappointing.
I can relate to my Tiffin days. If you had a problem you could approach Bob Tiffin and he would always take your call. But if you went in with smoking guns you wouldn't get any where. Being nice worked well. I'm sure Bob Martin wouldn't be much different. Reminding him what he said at Summerfest and expressing your concerns about Entegra is good but I think I would remind him about what he said without telling him he lied. I also think that a phone call would be better than a letter, although I would write down my thoughts in advance before calling and make sure I had calmed down before dialing.

Who knows where this could go?

Tags
jayco