Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2018, 07:52 AM   #1

Some things I have learned about my new 2019 Cornerstone - Part 4

Actually Part 4 (but it appears that I cannot change the title). [moderator changed title]

Well, this thread is getting long (#3) and I have learned a few more thing that might be of use to someone else who just bought a new Cornerstone.

First, on my Anthem, if I was boondocking and using the generator for power and to recharge the batteries, both of my Magnum inverters would start throwing all of their charging amps toward charging my house battery bank. However, on this Cornerstone, this morning I am boondocking at the Hershey RV Show (which was a major disappointment) and my house batteries were down to 12.4 volts and I fired up the genny to start putting charge back into the banki and noticed that Inverter 1 within a minute or so was throwing 100 amps at the house batteries and was in "bulk" mode, but Inverter 2 (also a Magnum 3000 watt) was showing a draw of 14 amps (e.g., was not charging any amps into the house battery system) and after about 5 minutes, simply turned off and was inactive/idle??!!??

Now, this is probably something that only another ownersof a 2019 Cornerstone can tell me (chuck, JH, Gary S others ) with the new VegaTouch software control, but does your coach do the same thing? Does that make any sense? Why would one inverter sit idly by and let the other inverter do all the charging and "twiddle its fingers" figuratively when my battery bank needs to be charged? Was my Anthem wrong in using both inverters to charge my house batteries?.... is my VegaTouch software still screwed up?..... there are literally 40 or 50 different interpretations of what is going on or not going on! One of them is that it is doing what it was designed to do.... nothing.

Any ideas or observations?

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2018, 09:42 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Gary,
I am going through the same thing on my chargers. First, I found they default to both chargers when plugging into 110 shore power exceeding 15 amps if you have been using your batteries if only for a few minutes.

This one got me yesterday: I am set to 1 charger for storage. Batteries showed 12.8v so I switch to the charger screen...charger is on (green) but says "not charging". Switched over to charger 2 and it went to "bulk charging". I still have not figured this system out when it comes to charging and I think it's one of the weak points. Maybe a software update will correct it. I am going to watch it for a few more days, then call Firefly. Maybe now I can just send them this post if there is enough feedback.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:11 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Actually Part 4 (but it appears that I cannot change the title).

Well, this thread is getting long (#3) and I have learned a few more thing that might be of use to someone else who just bought a new Cornerstone.

First, on my Anthem, if I was boondocking and using the generator for power and to recharge the batteries, both of my Magnum inverters would start throwing all of their charging amps toward charging my house battery bank. However, on this Cornerstone, this morning I am boondocking at the Hershey RV Show (which was a major disappointment) and my house batteries were down to 12.4 volts and I fired up the genny to start putting charge back into the banki and noticed that Inverter 1 within a minute or so was throwing 100 amps at the house batteries and was in "bulk" mode, but Inverter 2 (also a Magnum 3000 watt) was showing a draw of 14 amps (e.g., was not charging any amps into the house battery system) and after about 5 minutes, simply turned off and was inactive/idle??!!??

Now, this is probably something that only another ownersof a 2019 Cornerstone can tell me (chuck, JH, Gary S others ) with the new VegaTouch software control, but does your coach do the same thing? Does that make any sense? Why would one inverter sit idly by and let the other inverter do all the charging and "twiddle its fingers" figuratively when my battery bank needs to be charged? Was my Anthem wrong in using both inverters to charge my house batteries?.... is my VegaTouch software still screwed up?..... there are literally 40 or 50 different interpretations of what is going on or not going on! One of them is that it is doing what it was designed to do.... nothing.

Any ideas or observations?

Gary
Gary,

No real experience with the 2019 but if running on the generator there is no reason for both chargers not to charge the batteries. Could you manually turn the second charger back on yourself?

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:26 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I just thought of something. Update 1.46 is out. I have not updated from 1.39. This issue might be addressed in the new update.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:17 PM   #5

Don

Your logic is my logic... if the Onan is running there is no reason for both inverters/chargers not to be hitting the battery bank with everything they have.... thus, my wondering what the heck is going on.

Now, in answer to your question, I believe that both inverters were on. There are two buttons on the screen for each inverter and one of them is to turn the inverter on or off (Inverter 1 separately from Inverter 2). That is to invert house 12 volt to 120 AC. The second button below it turns the charge function on or off. You press the button once and it is charging the batteries (even though the ammeter shows -14 A ) which I believe is a current draw on that inverter. If you turn the charger off, it shows the inverter has been "disabled". Now, finding hidden button pressures and links to new screens is probably something that needs to be explored much more fully, but that is what I have been seeing....

I'm now connected to shore power after a 2 hour drive from Harrisburg to State College and 2 hours after arrival, Charger 1 has moved from bulk to float, and charger 2 shows as "Not Charging". None of that makes much sense to me at all still.

Chuck.... if you come away from the phone call with some deeper understanding, please share it with us....

Gary
Old 09-14-2018, 04:59 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Just had a very informative conversation with another forum member.
Last night his vs 1.43 totally crashed in the middle of the night while in storage with no internet connection.

Spending time with Firefly getting reloaded to 1.46, Firefly said that 1.46 should be loaded. They have worked hard to get the previous bugs taken care of. I hope the charger issue is one of them. I will update tomorrow and will monitor my charging situation. If no
improvement.....make the phone call.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:10 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

I'm now connected to shore power after a 2 hour drive from Harrisburg to State College and 2 hours after arrival, Charger 1 has moved from bulk to float, and charger 2 shows as "Not Charging". None of that makes much sense to me at all still.
Gary
Same thing I experience yesterday.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Just had a very informative conversation with another forum member.
Last night his vs 1.43 totally crashed in the middle of the night while in storage with no internet connection.

Spending time with Riverpark getting reloaded to 1.46, Riverpark said that 1.46 should be loaded. They have worked hard to get the previous bugs taken care of. I hope the charger issue is one of them. I will update tomorrow and will monitor my charging situation. If no
improvement.....make the phone call.
Chuck, doesn't firefly still own and service the Vega touch.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:28 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Chuck, doesn't firefly still own and service the Vega touch.
Thank you, my mistake.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:49 AM   #10

(Thank you Clff ---- you da MAN! )

Gary
Old 09-15-2018, 06:34 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
(Thank you Clff ---- you da MAN! )

Gary
What was the information? Others are watching. I didn't see a post from Cliff.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:46 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Just updated to 1.46. Chargers still defaulted to both chargers on when reconnecting shore power but both showed float charge instead of "not charging " on one of them
I will continue to monitor
Old 09-15-2018, 03:48 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
After monitoring, the app is now flaky with 1.46. It is showing power going from 120v shore power to inverter and the inverters are turned off.
Old 09-16-2018, 05:21 AM   #14

Chuck

Cliff is most likely the moderator who follows our forum, and I am assuming that he is the one that was able to go into the software and change the title for this thread from Part 3 to Part 4.... i couldnt do it, but a monitor could. Someone monitors our forum very closely and does a great job!

Gary