Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2018, 07:24 PM   #1

Some things I have learned on new 19 Cornerstone

This is hardly an exhaustive list but just a few little notes for you new owners who are coming down the line.

The electronics in the '19 are completely different. There is now a thing called a Matrix that is remote controllable and now lets you route your audio or video pretty much where you want it and simultaneously with otherinputs. No more that the outside TV is slaved to the main living room tv. You can direct TV to anyone you like and other TV to other TVs in the coach.

The VegaTouch is slick so far. I have downloaded the iPhone/iPad software now for all my iPhones (2) and my iPads (2). The cost is $14.95 from Apple Store and you pay it once and then can download it to othere devices. I have a somewhat old iPad that is maybe 4 years old and we have decide to dedicate it to controlling the iPad when we are sitting in our theater seats and dont want to get up to go to the hallway to manipulate the VegaTouch. There is a lot to learn here but so far, it has been pretty easy to master and I like it. I pray that it always works, but will deal with that when it doesnt.

The cooktop cover is made of granite or some heavy composite countr material and my wife will never be able to reach up to it, lift it, or deal with it, so that will be put in the garage and the area that houses it now above the microwave will become a place to put side, thin pans or something. I will probably have a cooktop cover made from black thick plexiglass and that will replace the one from Middlebury but the standard one is likely a useless piece of equipment.

The microwave manual talks repeatdly about pressing the "Start" button. However, there is no start button anywhere on the microwave. By accident, we saw there was a screen button which is labeled with a Solid Triangle with one of the points to the right and the words +30 seconds. File this away: that is the start button. It looks like a button to add 30 seconds to cook time, but take it from me, it is the start button and it will add 30 seconds to the cook time. I just saved you and your wife 30 minutes. I like single malt scotch and will take payment from any who this saves when we next meet.

The dishwasher is the same but very different. There is no longer a remote control for the dishwasher. When the dish washer is locked guess how you get it open......... dramatic pause. You use your knuckle and knock on the upper right corner of the dishwaser front cover three times (I am not kidding).... Knock three three times in the morning ..... an old song lyric. Also, it seems like it would be easy to get it to work, but it took the two of us about an hour to get it to start washing. The same button if pressed once starts the wash, but if you press a little longer, does something else entirely, and if you press even longer than that, heavens only know what it does but none of it was explained in the literature that we got. Ask you PDI what those different length presses mean an what you are doing to it.

There are enough pillows and other things on the bed in addition to a massive bed cover to fill a good size closet in my sticks and bricks and that is where they will go the second we get home. We packed them in plastic bags and they will be on this coach next when we give them to the next person who buys this coach. :-) Pretty, but really.

There .... that is my first installment. Take some notes and save yourself some time. More to follow.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2018, 08:15 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Look forward to the follow ups Gary. It's the little things like this that can help one keep their sanity, thanks!
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:37 PM   #3

I tried to make some edits to my post above but the irv2 website crashed briefly

Here are the edits.

We use the iPad to control the VegaTouch system, not the iPad (Obviously).

Second, there are two versions of the VegaTouch software up on the Apple Store. At least for my version of the 19 Cornerstone, the version that I needed to download was the "Nebula" version. You must first pair your phone with the on-board router in the coach (you classic guys listen up as we didn't have such that worked well) and then you use the CR code reader on the phone to scan the CR code displayed on the VegaTouch to "pair" the phone software to the VegaTouch.

Oh, the cooktop cover (granite or composite) is stored in a compartment ABOVE the microwave. If you are the cook or your wife is the cook and both of you are 6' tall, and muscular, this would work well, but for those of us that aren't, well...….

You can also pair your VegaTouch system to a park WIFI (this is all new to a classic owner) (in this case the dealer WIFI system) to download VegaTouch software for any updates. I had read some of this here on the forum but since I had neither the VegaTouch nor the ability to connect my coach WIFI to anything meaningful, I let it go in one ear and out the other. Now I understand. You can update your VegaTouch operating system software by connecting the VegaTouch to the internet. Neat!

Oh, as an afterthought edit.... our Cornerstone came with no seating or shelf or anything in the master bath shower.... nothing but a "hole in the wall" where you might put soap and a small bottle of shampoo but nothing to put your foot up on when you wash between your toes ( :-) ) …. nothing.. The '18 Cornerstone we looked at before ordering this one had a wood seat that folded down from the wall..... if you want to wash your feet, you better be able to bend over and touch your toes.

Gary
Old 05-26-2018, 10:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
There are enough pillows and other things on the bed in addition to a massive bed cover to fill a good size closet in my sticks and bricks and that is where they will go the second we get home. We packed them in plastic bags and they will be on this coach next when we give them to the next person who buys this coach. :-) Pretty, but really.
Gary, as I was reading this paragraph I found myself thinking, "Where have I heard this before?"

Then I realized that what you described is exactly what we did after taking delivery of our 2018, right down to the plastic bags and the large closet in our house!

I'm sure the amount of money Entegra spends on all that stuff is relatively minor in the whole scheme of things, but I can't imagine very many owners leave all of it in their coaches.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 03:28 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Gary Congrats on the new coach. It seems that you are having a successful shake down. The bedding Entegra supplies is enough for a teenage slumber party. The dishwasher sounds a bit comical. I'm guessing you have saved some arguments on its function.
Looking forward to further reports.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:35 AM   #6

Gary the third press re dishwasher maybe locks door for travelling? That's how the remote on our 2017 Anthem works. I know there is no remote on yours but maybe same function.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:53 AM   #7

Bill

You may be right, because my dishwasher seems to be in perpetual "Lock" mode as I have to knock (in this case, seems one knock may be enough) to get it to release. I have no idea how I put it into perpetual lock mode, but maybe a careful reading of the "Quick Start Manual" will make that clear. Pressing a single button will make all the buttons flash quickly, or slowly, or not flash at all, so I am going to have to sort all of that out.

The AC units on this coach seem much better at keeping the whole coach cool than those that were on my 2015 Anthem.

Does anyone know where to find the serpentine and AC belt numbers on this Cummins other than trying to see the numbers printed on the belts? Also, this engine has one additional serpentine belt on it which I have not yet determined what it does. And I think that the engine on this 19 is called the "X15" in contrast to the ISX15 (which might be the difference between the 605 and the 600 HP units). I have been told by someone who thinks that they know that the current X15 drinks much less DEF than the ISX15.

Gary
Old 05-27-2018, 06:40 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Gary best way to get the accurate belt numbers is off the belts themselves. Twist and turn them, or bump the starter to where you can read them. Most belt suppliers do not have listings for brand new model engines. It was hard to even get a cross reference number for my AC belt on the Classic when my compressor went out and broke my spare belt too.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:36 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Gary,

The fun of learning a new coach begins! Congratulations!!! Happy for you and Dee.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 10:24 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, that extra belt probably dives the engine fan.
That X Cummins uses a mechanical driven fan as where the ISL uses a hydraulic driven fan.
You probably know that.

It's fun getting your head around a new coach.[emoji2]
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:27 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Not a Cornerstone, but on ours one knock unlocks the dishwasher. I made the tech doing our delivery program it in front of me and wrote down the steps but have since found them in the manual. I really like the auto lock feature, one less thing to remember before traveling. The touch on button is similar enough to our S&B dishwasher that I haven't experienced the multi touch problem yet. Should be interesting.

The microwave was a challenge. I'm not sure I have that one down yet. Haven't tried it on convection - that should be interesting. Nice machine tho' - so far I'm liking it better than the Samsung and I was one of the few Samsung fans.

I'm 5'8" and in reasonably good shape. I can lift the cooktop cover into the cabinet but it's difficult for me to do. I make Rick do it and expect it to stay stored a lot. I got a large drying mat that completely covers the cooktop (and I keep the breaker off when not using the cooktop - it turns on VERY easily). That will probably be the main cover used at this point. I can easily rest one of my regular cutting boards on top of it and I use a piece of shelf liner when working on the countertops anyway - they scratch so easily when you don't have the quartz in the Cornerstone.

And congratulations. Thanks for posting this. Seems like so many here are purchasing - or have - Cornerstones so I wasn't sure if my experiences would translate.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 01:50 PM   #12

Linda

Dee used the convection microwave last evening to make a spicey chicken casserole which worked well and tasted fine. She is using convection tonight to cook lasagna. She is pretty impressed with it so far.

Our PDI tech told us that we needed to knock 3 times on the Fisher-Paykel but noticed today that when I knocked only once that the dishwasher opened. Not sure if the 3 times was special or just overkill..... there is a lot of superstitious behavior with these appliances (e.g., you keep doing whatever you find works...).

Dee and I used a rubberized floor pad (the kind that you stand on for long periods of time) as our induction cooktop protection on the Anthem and we are using it again here on the Cornerstone. We put a drying towel or just terry hand towels on top of that to put the hand washed dishes on that dont fit in the dishwasher. This can be tossed on the bed when not needed and manipulated easily. May still get the plexiglass cover made. Some protection for the induction seems mandatory. Dee is 5'3" and not athletic build and the composite one that came with the coach is a non-starter.

Gary
Old 05-27-2018, 01:53 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I tried to make some edits to my post above but the irv2 website crashed briefly

Here are the edits.

We use the iPad to control the VegaTouch system, not the iPad (Obviously).

Second, there are two versions of the VegaTouch software up on the Apple Store. At least for my version of the 19 Cornerstone, the version that I needed to download was the "Nebula" version. You must first pair your phone with the on-board router in the coach (you classic guys listen up as we didn't have such that worked well) and then you use the CR code reader on the phone to scan the CR code displayed on the VegaTouch to "pair" the phone software to the VegaTouch.

Oh, the cooktop cover (granite or composite) is stored in a compartment ABOVE the microwave. If you are the cook or your wife is the cook and both of you are 6' tall, and muscular, this would work well, but for those of us that aren't, well...….

You can also pair your VegaTouch system to a park WIFI (this is all new to a classic owner) (in this case the dealer WIFI system) to download VegaTouch software for any updates. I had read some of this here on the forum but since I had neither the VegaTouch nor the ability to connect my coach WIFI to anything meaningful, I let it go in one ear and out the other. Now I understand. You can update your VegaTouch operating system software by connecting the VegaTouch to the internet. Neat!

Oh, as an afterthought edit.... our Cornerstone came with no seating or shelf or anything in the master bath shower.... nothing but a "hole in the wall" where you might put soap and a small bottle of shampoo but nothing to put your foot up on when you wash between your toes ( :-) ) …. nothing.. The '18 Cornerstone we looked at before ordering this one had a wood seat that folded down from the wall..... if you want to wash your feet, you better be able to bend over and touch your toes.

Gary

Gary,
Congratulations on taking delivery and thanks for your updates on the process! Looking on line the Cornerstone has the same shower seat as the Anthem. Did they just forget to install yours?
Steve
C310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 02:50 PM   #14

Congratulations Gary!

Post a picture when you can.

Chris
Conchdog is offline   Reply With Quote