Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2019, 04:09 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Source for roof "clearance lights" 2017 Aspire?

I tried searching and was unsuccessful. Can someone point me in the right direction. I did find thousands on Amazon but none looked right.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2019, 04:28 PM   #2

Can you get a manufacturer’s name off an existing one? How about the DOT number? Coach manufacturer?
Old 12-21-2019, 08:13 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Here is where I got mine for a 14. If the 17 is different they will still have them on there site, just have to look. https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ctor/599/1834/

Here is another site for lights that I have used. https://www.bigrigchromeshop.com/10-...l#.Xf7f0Rt7nX6
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 05:51 AM   #4

Why are they called “clearance lights” anyway? Is it so you can see an overhead obstruction right before you crash into it?
GrandPaPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 06:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPaPat View Post
Why are they called “clearance lights” anyway? Is it so you can see an overhead obstruction right before you crash into it?

They will also give you an idea of where an oncoming truck is on a hilly road where you can not see their headlights yet. But then again if you are not a night driver it does not matter, and they are useless.
Old 12-22-2019, 06:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPaPat View Post
The clearance lights are the ones at the corners. They show other drivers how wide your vehicle is. The three in the middle are ID lights, spaced 6-12” apart and centered on the vehicle, and indicate that your vehicle is over 80” wide (DOT reg.). Required front and back. Side markers are also required, and a trailer over 30 ft long has to have an amber side marker near the middle. All of them are supposed to be mounted as high as practicable, and obviously certain vehicles don’t lend themselves well to some or all lights at the top (like rounded tankers - ID lights up high, clearance lights down low). And clearance lights can’t be the required tail/turn/brake lights; they have to be separate lights, though they can be in the same ‘box’, like in many small trailer lights.

80” and under doesn’t require either, but still requires side markers front and rear.

A “PC” rated marker light has a 180 degree visibility (side-to-side) and can serve as both clearance and side marker when mounted at 45 degrees to the centerline. These seem to be used mostly on trailers, maybe because you need a square corner (vs the rounded corners of bus type vehicles) to get full visibility.

This is from memory, so I may have left something out, but what I didn’t should be accurate.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:47 AM   #7

Cuz.....

Of course, you can get that information direct from Entegra Parts Department Monday (or their customer service people). Sometimes their price is competitive, and other times it isn't, but at least they can tell you exactly what is up there and then you can try to duplicate a light from similar specs.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 10:00 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanzKran View Post
The clearance lights are the ones at the corners. They show other drivers how wide your vehicle is. The three in the middle are ID lights, spaced 6-12” apart and centered on the vehicle, and indicate that your vehicle is over 80” wide (DOT reg.). Required front and back. Side markers are also required, and a trailer over 30 ft long has to have an amber side marker near the middle. All of them are supposed to be mounted as high as practicable, and obviously certain vehicles don’t lend themselves well to some or all lights at the top (like rounded tankers - ID lights up high, clearance lights down low). And clearance lights can’t be the required tail/turn/brake lights; they have to be separate lights, though they can be in the same ‘box’, like in many small trailer lights.

80” and under doesn’t require either, but still requires side markers front and rear.

A “PC” rated marker light has a 180 degree visibility (side-to-side) and can serve as both clearance and side marker when mounted at 45 degrees to the centerline. These seem to be used mostly on trailers, maybe because you need a square corner (vs the rounded corners of bus type vehicles) to get full visibility.

This is from memory, so I may have left something out, but what I didn’t should be accurate.
Now that is some useful information to know on the road at night and poor viz! Just like light signals in the marine world can tell you what is around you at night. Thx
GrandPaPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 09:15 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I called Entegra today; they keep them in stock and they cost $6.95. They can't ship until 1/2/20 which is fine with me. I'd rather due the in FL's 70 degree weather than here. I looked on line and saw thousands at cheaper prices but none looked right.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 08:21 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
brobox,

I saw an anthem with the peterbilt chrome running lights all around, looked nice....do you think they will work on a 14 cornerstone?
sdesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 09:50 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdesha View Post
brobox,

I saw an anthem with the peterbilt chrome running lights all around, looked nice....do you think they will work on a 14 cornerstone?
Absolutely, they are the same lights as the Anthem. The factory lights are a non weatherproof two piece light that leak and eventually go bad. Some even had water run down the wires and leaked inside of the coach, rare, but it did happen. I also liked the looks of the chrome ring left on, it really dressed up the coach and had a finished look.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:36 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
I put these on my Anthem and love them. Brighter than stock lights

[ATTACH]270856

I went to harbor freight and purchased toolbox drawer liner then cut out several marker light sized gaskets. I stacked 4 or 5 under each light and mounted them. Kept rain out and allowed them to be flush on the coach
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5893.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	270856  
Old 12-29-2019, 05:46 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
brobox,

there are two additional marker lights on the passenger and driver's side, 1 red and 1 amber, will these also fit in those spots as well? if so, then I will need to order 7 red and 7 amber.
sdesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 06:07 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdesha View Post
brobox,

there are two additional marker lights on the passenger and driver's side, 1 red and 1 amber, will these also fit in those spots as well? if so, then I will need to order 7 red and 7 amber.
For the marker light I used the 10 LED's pictured in the second link. Also wired them all to flash so I wanted the brightest I could get that still fit the molded area. The 10 LED's pictured fit perfect including the screw holes. Philnail posted the same lights, they do look much better lit up than the OEM lights.

Someone mentioned replacing with factory lights, very bad quality, two piece light that leaked. Much better quality after market with sealed lights that don't leak. Also easy to replace off the shelf from any truck stop.

Tags
light, lights, roof