Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2018, 03:17 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
NOW! that it has happened, I would be very concerned about the vendors. I am still out on Valor TPMS and I am not yet sold on it. So far it hasn't shown me much and I have not commented to the toad and probably won't.

Sure sorry to see that happen, I know Spartan is good about the service.....but still once something like that happens, how do you make it right?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2018, 03:20 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
I agree about the vendors. It seems to be the weak link throughout the industry. You can have the greatest design and engineering “intent”, only to have a reputation get beaten up because of subpar and one source components.
Harleydeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:27 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydeal View Post
I agree about the vendors. It seems to be the weak link throughout the industry. You can have the greatest design and engineering “intent”, only to have a reputation get beaten up because of subpar and one source components.
That is very true!

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:28 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Example is the Valor TPMS. Everyone has been screaming for a TPMS on the Cornerstones since they discontinued them in 2013. They installed the "best" on the market in 2019 and this is what we got!? Your situation is a perfect example.....it NEVER should have happened. Was it a Michelin or a Valor fault?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:40 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Example is the Valor TPMS. Everyone has been screaming for a TPMS on the Cornerstones since they discontinued them in 2013. They installed the "best" on the market in 2019 and this is what we got!? Your situation is a perfect example.....it NEVER should have happened. Was it a Michelin or a Valor fault?

Exactly. Some stuff is just not ready for prime time. I guess we ARE the test pilots.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:54 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
A tire failure is scary enough. But a coach with less than 1500 miles on the odometer? Got my attention for sure.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:34 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Did the tire blow out, if it did you should have heard it..... sounds like a cannon going off.
Usually a blow out will cause a lot of damage because the tire literally explodes. Would be nice to have that tire and preform an autopsy.

But on the other hand if it was ran low on air pressure and came off the bead there would be a lot vibration before it separate from the wheel.
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:40 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman 2 View Post
Did the tire blow out, if it did you should have heard it..... sounds like a cannon going off.
Usually a blow out will cause a lot of damage because the tire literally explodes. Would be nice to have that tire and preform an autopsy.

But on the other hand if it was ran low on air pressure and came off the bead there would be a lot vibration before it separate from the wheel.

I actually heard nothing. Never found the tire or any remnants. It must have had an abrupt loss of pressure and ran off the rim. I was glancing at the TPMS quite frequently before it happened, both PSI and temp and had no indication until it was gone. As soon as I felt vibration I saw the TPMS pressure drop off.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:25 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Just left Spartan after three days. They replaced fan drive gear box for oil seep, power steering gear box for same reason, Hadley manifold for recall, coolant recovery tank for rust, air dryer for air leak, three of four Stemco hub seals. All was under warranty, but if this is normal for a two year old coach I'm glad I bought an extended warranty. I will say Spartan was very through and easy to work with, of course for a nominal fee.
What is there chassis warranty?
Old 09-20-2018, 03:21 PM   #38

Quote:
A little discouraged. This was my first trip. Attachment 218836
That looks like a tire issue not a chassis issue, not sure that could have been prevented by Spartan. It looks like you were lucky in that the tire did not rip the side off your coach. Very sorry to see you have a tire blow on your first trip with a new. I have had my share of tire issues over the years personally on my trailers and my company vehicles. I have a fleet of 40 small, medium, and large trucks and normally this is either caused from hitting something, low tire pressure or overloaded. Not saying this is what caused your blow out but I can't express the importance of proper air inflation. I check my tire pressure with a gauge not just visual before every trip and do a walk around and thump my tires at every stop. Always need to stretch my legs anyway. This is a habit I developed driving trucks. Beats the heck out of setting on the side of the road waiting for a service truck to fix a tire.
Old 09-20-2018, 04:09 PM   #39

Rusting coolant tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
The neck of our coolant tank was also rusting and replaced under warranty.

Evidently that new tank is a different design.

-Matt
Is the coolant tank a Cumins part or Spartan chassis part.
MrDave2You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:02 PM   #40

I remember on my 2005, spartan changed my coolant recovery tank for rust. There was also another one they changed while I was there .
dmsatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:04 PM   #41

Quote:
A little discouraged. This was my first trip. Attachment 218836

Is that tire failure on a 2019 Entegra? What are the manufacturer dates?
DavidH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:26 PM   #42

Quote:
Hey Matt,
I am in no way blaming Spartan for the failure. It is a mystery or maybe just a freak of nature that just happened. Spartan was very responsive and I truly appreciate their attention and help in the ordeal. My ‘19 does have Valor, and I just happened to be watching it very closely because of a signal error that is being researched that causes my outer drive tires to read 188Lbs and 401 degrees. They are working on that. Nevertheless, it went from normal pressure and temp to no tire in the blink of an eye. Again, Spartan has been a great help and very responsive.

Same issue, 188 reading, outer dual,2019 Anthem, interested to see response.
mlacute1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, repair, repairs, spartan