Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2017, 12:56 PM   #1

Spartan training

We are going to the Spartan training and service in October at the Michigan facility. Don't know what to expect so I was wondering who else has attended there and also had service.

Our electric cook top went out so we are going to replace with an induction cook top. I'm looking for input on which type to use. jI know there was a thread but were unable to locate it .
Thanks in advance for the help.

Larry
2013 Anthem
RBQ
anthem4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2017, 01:55 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthem4us View Post
We are going to the Spartan training and service in October at the Michigan facility. Don't know what to expect so I was wondering who else has attended there and also had service.

Our electric cook top went out so we are going to replace with an induction cook top. I'm looking for input on which type to use. jI know there was a thread but were unable to locate it .
Thanks in advance for the help.

Larry
2013 Anthem
RBQ
I had a great time and I thought it was well worth it. They feed you quite a bit also. FYI, my wife was a little brain numb after the first few days so she took off to the real cool health/spa center there.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:24 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hi Larry,

We attended the class this past Aug. To be honest, I don't think my wife was looking foreward to it. She was very skepital thinking she would be bored, and filled with technical details that would be way over her head. But, by the end of the week, she was glad she went.

Arrive the day before (Sunday).
Expect to have your Coach closed up and at ride height each morning by 7AM (if it takes more than one day to do your service).

7 coaches (or up to 14 people) is the max for each class.

We found PJ (Entegra) and Big Mike (Spartan) to be informative and entertaining.

You'll walk away with a lot of documentation of everything covered throughout the week.

Breakfast and lunch are provided each day (you won't go hungry).

One evening, you'll do a walk around of your coach with your service tech. Which also includes walking under your coach via the pit in the service bay. They provide dinner for you, this evening.

Tour of the Factory, where the chassis' are put together.

Ample space to park your Coach each night with a 50amp service.

Fresh water can be gotten from in front of the Training Center.

Each coach is assigned a parking space within their grounds for overnight parking.

Dump station is located about 5 miles away at a local fair grounds (easy to get too, and they ask for $5 donations). Not apparent at first, when you pull into the fairgrounds and stop at the dump, you may ask, how am I going to turn around. Once dumped, proceed forward until you reach the barn. Plenty of room to turn around and head back out the direction you came.

You should arrive with a full tank of diesel and fresh water (So an accurate weight can be taken of your Coach). You can fill up with Diesel at the Meijer gas station (just off Interstate 69 - North East corner). I'm pretty sure it was exit 60.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:49 PM   #4

We replaced our 2014 with a True induction top. You'll need to trim the countertop hole and fabricate a support for underneath as it is not supported by the countertop. We also use the stand alone version for outside cooking.

Eric

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170919_164620_01.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	177150Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170919_164620_03.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	177151Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170919_164620_02.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	177152
ECRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:13 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
For reference on ECRyder pics the pans are a 10"(10.5" top dimension) AllClad skillet & 10" 8qt AllClad pot. Both fit easily on the induction surfaces, which I absolutely love!
We did the Spartan Class in October 2014. Very informative. The days are long & crammed with information, some I followed some not so much (husband is the engineer, I'm the communicator) but I am glad I went and would go again. Instructors are patient & good at explaining, I should have learned some terminology & component basics beforehand, then I may have had a 'mental file' in which to store the new info. As it was, I was drained at the end of each day. We met a lot of other great Entegra owners and ditto the meals were awesome!
Old 09-19-2017, 06:30 PM   #6

Spartan Chassis
Here's a link with an evenings worth of reading about induction cook tops in Entegra Coaches!
https://www.google.com/search?q=indu...rums%2Ff278%2F
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spartan