Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2014, 04:37 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan visit

We had our Spartan visit today. They did the 44 point inspection, checked ride height, weighed and fixed a coolant leak.

We arrived yesterday after they closed so just parked and hooked up. Here was a TS Alante and a Newmar in the lot. Another Newmar arrived after us. The Alante never moved. Since we had an appointment and they said they would come get our coach at about 7:00 I didn't think we needed to check in. Wrong. At about 8:00 I walked to the office and checked in. By the time I got thru all of it it was almost 9:00.

The technician, Andy, was great. We went over all our issues and he took the coach. He had it about 4 hours, including his lunch break, and it took Robin over 2 hours or do the paperwork.

They found 2 air leaks in the front system, a "small" one and a "large" one. My air gages are much more stable now. My front ride height, which was adjusted by Industrial Power in Ft. Worth, was also off by 3/4" on one side and 1/2" on the other. Drive shaft "looked" dry so Andy lubed it. The hose clamp repaired in Flagstaff was also not tight enough which was our small coolant leak. Andy also repaired one of my valve cores so now my TST TPMS works great! We drove 94 miles today on Michigan roads so have no idea if the ride has changed, it was great before!

My weight was in line with axle weight I got last year on a Cat scale and about 3,000 pounds lighter than at the rally last week. Doug was working at somewhat of a handicap with gravel sites. I will post my weights later.

I am embarrassed that he found the front left turn signal bulb burned out and the engine 2 quarts low on oil.

Good visit except for the time it takes them to wrap up paperwork.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2014, 04:57 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
How much in advance do you have to schedule at Spartan?
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:28 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
A couple months.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
A couple months.

Funny thing, they said we were 2 quarts low?
Robin also took almost 2 hours to figure out the bill. Frustrating.
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:20 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
It will be in my customer survey. He was working on my paperwork but came to the lounge to ask someone else, whose coach was still in work how much air he carried in his tires.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:27 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Vance, a gallon of oil usage between oil changes for the first 25,000 miles is normal. Don't be embarrassed being 2 quarts low, it will happen a lot for the first 25,000 miles. Glad you had a good visit at Spartan. We might still be here Sunday, so far it is not going well for us and taking a lot longer than we had hoped for.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:47 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Vance,

Great decision to visit with Spartan, I hope to follow you in about another 6 months.

Thanks for the trip report.

Curt

Sent from my iPhone
Curt and Grace
2014 Aspire 44U
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:12 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Curt - Don't plan a long followup trip the day of your appointment but you can spend another night with electricity only. They have a dump station and place you can refill your fresh water.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:31 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Dump station is not on site, but at the fairgrounds on the South side of the old buggy track. Beware, if your coach is clean and it ha rained, you'll leave a little muddy.

They do have an external hydrant on the East side of the building, but you really can't get to it until folks leave for the day unless you have a long drinking water hose.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:56 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Visit Report

Our visit to Spartan couldn't have gone any better. We wanted to go in May and knew it would be busy so we made the appt. well in advance (5-6 Mos.) I sent them a spreadsheet with the list of items to do.

Our tech was super and Chris McCord deserves a shoutout too. He kept me informed and even adjusted the list on the fly as I recalled a few things I had forgotten or heard others talk about out here.

4 Corner weights were done a couple of times and air was adjusted. (Weight was high on left front so we needed max air.) FWIW - weight was high on left front and right drive after height adjustment.

The lot was full and one of the 50 amp plugs was out of order (Thank you HWC).

1 1/2 days. No alignment needed so that saved about 4 hours.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:30 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
Our visit to Spartan couldn't have gone any better. We wanted to go in May and knew it would be busy so we made the appt. well in advance (5-6 Mos.) I sent them a spreadsheet with the list of items to do.

Our tech was super and Chris McCord deserves a shoutout too. He kept me informed and even adjusted the list on the fly as I recalled a few things I had forgotten or heard others talk about out here.

4 Corner weights were done a couple of times and air was adjusted. (Weight was high on left front so we needed max air.) FWIW - weight was high on left front and right drive after height adjustment.

The lot was full and one of the 50 amp plugs was out of order (Thank you HWC).

1 1/2 days. No alignment needed so that saved about 4 hours.

What was the cost of your visit to Spartan?

Sent from my iPhone
Curt and Grace
2014 Aspire 44U
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:40 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Ours was $390. $100 of that for the 44 point inspection. Several items fell to warranty. A few were $24.94 labor. Parts were about $100.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:36 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Ours was much more. We had them do all the 12/12,000 items so that may be a huge difference from those who do their own. I don't have the receipts with us - Coach is at Entegra and we're at home in NC - Total was $1324.

I won't have the detail until next week, but there was an oil change, Hydraulics, Fuel Filter, Lube etc.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:50 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Does anyone have a list of what their 44 point inspection consists of? Steve
C310 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spartan