RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2016, 07:40 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Speaking of Slide Remote Problems.

When we took the factory tour again this summer I noticed that the production line was not pulling the remote slide antenna wire out from behind the panel in the electrical compartment again. My parking lot neighbor had a 17 finished two months before and no antenna wire showing. We fixed that and he was amazed how well it worked.

This was pointed out to PJ, but it was also pointed on on the Classics a few years back. Just a heads up for new coach owners.

If your slide remote will not work at the back of the MH, there is a green wire that should be hanging out of the ALTA box in the electrical compartment. Expose the antenna wire and install a new top line battery in the remote,(the factory batteries do not have enough power) the remote will work from the rear of the MH, very handy if parked close to a tree. Loosen the two screws and remove the wire if your antenna wire is is not showing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-07-17 10.32.41.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	282.0 KB
ID:	145928  

2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2016, 07:50 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hi Chuck, thanks for this post. After replacing batteries, wondered why my remote seems less effective towards the rear of the coach.

HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 08:05 AM   #3

Speaking of Slide Remote Problems.

Chuck,

Folks should be careful when tugging on wire. Mine was actually taped to backside requiring me to remove the entire board to reposition it. If you pull on the wrong end it will come out of the board.

Makes a huge difference!

Mark
MxChief66-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 08:41 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxChief66-1 View Post
Chuck,

Folks should be careful when tugging on wire. Mine was actually taped to backside requiring me to remove the entire board to reposition it. If you pull on the wrong end it will come out of the board. Huge difference!

Mark
Very good point Mark, glad you brought that up. Mine was just tucked up there as were a couple of others I have done, but it only takes one to mess up an easy fix. Mine almost fell out when I loosened the screws. Thanks for that heads up for others.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 12-04-2016, 09:28 AM   #5

PJ discussed that at his Entegra class a couple of weeks back. He said he has tried to get production to leave the wire out BUT at QC inspection they were writing it up as a loose unconnected wire so production still tucks it behind the controller. It would seem the factory could resolve this or make it part of dealer delivery.
Hayman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 11:18 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
PJ discussed that at his Entegra class a couple of weeks back. He said he has tried to get production to leave the wire out BUT at QC inspection they were writing it up as a loose unconnected wire so production still tucks it behind the controller. It would seem the factory could resolve this or make it part of dealer delivery.
Why doesn't PJ give a class to their production and QC personnel, it seems they need it.

1100W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 11:32 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Why doesn't PJ give a class to their production and QC personnel, it seems they need it.
BINGO! Two simple items that make such a difference, the antenna wire and the temperature sensor for zone one. The problem has been ongoing since the days of the Classics. It would sure cut down on complaints and customer service calls.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 12-04-2016, 02:31 PM   #8

Just another example that these people build coaches, do NOT try to use them. If you test a front slide from near the drivers seat and it works, check the sheet. They don't understand we park close to trees or electric stands at times and need to be outside WITH a remote when putting slides out! They just have no concept what we go through or why we NEED these things to work better.

2016 45 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
Old 12-04-2016, 03:27 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Chuck.... I just tested the range of my slide remote and then did your modification. The green antenna wire was tucked behind the panel. The range was increased substantially as advertised. I was able to use the remote while standing at the rear of the coach.

Thanks for the tip!
2004 Jeep Liberty Limited - FMCA #343990
BHutting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 03:34 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Your welcome Bob. After all the problems we had on the Classics I thought they were exposing the antenna wire on all the new models.....I guess not. Thanks for that report. Hopefully new owners will know to check theirs. It does make a big difference.

I guess there are a couple of items that are still the same on the new models as the Classics besides round tires
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 12-04-2016, 04:20 PM   #11

As long as we are talking remotes, while in Pensacola this summer I ran into a Cornerstone owner that was packing up to leave the camp ground. I got into a short conversation with him and mentioned this remote slide fix. He hadn't heard of it but he told me there was a similar situation with the key fob. He said there was another antenna under the dash tray that needs to be extended to improve the range of the key fob. I looked but couldn't find one. Does anyone know about this? I would like to improve the range of my fob as I frequently find myself back at the wet bay unable to unlock it with my remote.

Mallory
2016 Anthemm
Mwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 06:02 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Just another example that these people build coaches, do NOT try to use them. If you test a front slide from near the drivers seat and it works, check the sheet. They don't understand we park close to trees or electric stands at times and need to be outside WITH a remote when putting slides out! They just have no concept what we go through or why we NEED these things to work better.

2016 45 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
Again, as stated in the other thread...use that iPad. Never had a problem with connectivity that way. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 01:17 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwillis View Post
As long as we are talking remotes, while in Pensacola this summer I ran into a Cornerstone owner that was packing up to leave the camp ground. I got into a short conversation with him and mentioned this remote slide fix. He hadn't heard of it but he told me there was a similar situation with the key fob. He said there was another antenna under the dash tray that needs to be extended to improve the range of the key fob. I looked but couldn't find one. Does anyone know about this? I would like to improve the range of my fob as I frequently find myself back at the wet bay unable to unlock it with my remote.

Mallory
2016 Anthemm
Mallory,

Here is the antenna for the efob under the dash. It is the black wire.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	146033  

1100W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 02:31 PM   #14

X2 what Dave said. With our tablet and the Creston App there doesn't seem to be a problem.

bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problems, slide