Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2016, 12:04 PM   #29

I just did my generator oil change yesterday. It required a 22 millimeter socket. I had sent my grandson for a breaker bar when it finally popped loose. Must have been torqued by a gorilla. I torqued it to specs and will look for a Fumoto for the next oil change. When you remove that large drain plug the oil pan empties right now. Best be prepared.

While I prefer Kubota or Baldwin filters Filter Barn sent me a couple of Frams. Maybe I need to do more of this but the Fram filter had textured rubber coating on the top of the filter that made it easy to spin on despite oil on my hands. Seemed like a good idea.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2016, 12:14 PM   #30

Speedco and the expensive FF63009 fuel filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I installed the plug on the generator but haven't used it yet. $60. for an oil change on the generator is a little steep for what's involved. That one I will continue to do myself for less than $25. in parts.

My Arthir Itis says I won't do such things anymore so I no longer have the tools or the gumption. For me, it's like FREE for the extra 45 clams. No sweat and no dirty.

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 01:54 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVUS101 View Post
Chuck did you have a part number for the Fumoto quick drain valve.

Not Chuck, but this chart will help.

My ISX was the T211N (with the nipple)
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:03 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post
I just did my generator oil change yesterday. It required a 22 millimeter socket. I had sent my grandson for a breaker bar when it finally popped loose. Must have been torqued by a gorilla. I torqued it to specs and will look for a Fumoto for the next oil change. When you remove that large drain plug the oil pan empties right now. Best be prepared.

While I prefer Kubota or Baldwin filters Filter Barn sent me a couple of Frams. Maybe I need to do more of this but the Fram filter had textured rubber coating on the top of the filter that made it easy to spin on despite oil on my hands. Seemed like a good idea.
I tried the Fumoto valve for the generator, it does not fit the hole in the skid plate. If you add the extension required, it hangs to low. I switched to the other valve mentioned.

The filters can be purchased at any auto parts in what ever brand you prefer, they are common filters. The filter #'s are Fleetguard LF3706 WIX 51307, NAPA 1307, Baldwin B1434 or any cross reference for a Kabota D-1503 Engine.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:08 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xbear View Post
For those of you who buy your own Fleetguard filters to bring to Speedco, can you share your "best price" shopping location/web site?
Fleetguard filters are cheaper at Speedco than any place I have found. Read post #1, it was why I started this post. I bought spare fuel filters for roadside spares at Speedco with service, almost half price.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:29 PM   #34

Thanks Chuck!
Old 06-11-2016, 03:39 PM   #35

Quote:
If every 18 wheeler and RV'er stopped at Speedco, appointments would have to made a year in advance.
No, I think there would be a Speedco in every town, they make money now - so if they start to get crowded they will Build Them more often.

JMHO,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 03:42 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks Chuck!
Your welcome. I checked my receipt the other day and my Fleetguard up charge was $9.00 for three filters. Still cheaper than any where on the internet I have purchased from for the past 14 years. Can you tell I am a new fan of Speedco.

Check to see if they have the Raycor fuel filter in stock. That is really a marine filter and I don't know if Speedco would carry those. A spare should be carried anyhow as those are hard to find in non coastal areas.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:01 PM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
My Arthir Itis says I won't do such things anymore so I no longer have the tools or the gumption. For me, it's like FREE for the extra 45 clams. No sweat and no dirty.

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
I try to stay active as possible so Arthy doesn't set in. I am almost 70 and can still get under the MH, on the roof, wax it and do maintenance. It's not the money, it's staying active. It takes me 10 minutes to change the generator oil, but it is not for everyone. I have a great place, an aircraft hanger to do all of this. A great bunch of guys that are hobbyist like me, and it's always beer thirty every afternoon.

If I was on the road fulltime, then it would be Speedco, for sure.
Old 06-11-2016, 09:25 PM   #38

Quote:
Check to see if they have the Raycor fuel filter in stock. That is really a marine filter and I don't know if Speedco would carry those. A spare should be carried anyhow as those are hard to find in non coastal areas.

Racor filters are available from Walmart online. I have them ship-to-store on my route. Allow ten days. Probably faster to major cities.
TwelveVolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:38 PM   #39

Quote:
I tried the Fumoto valve for the generator, it does not fit the hole in the skid plate. If you add the extension required, it hangs to low. I switched to the other valve mentioned.
Interesting... I purchased the extension, but didn't need it, as the valve fit just fine. This was on an Aspire. I did not change the engine oil, and I forgot to give the shop the Fumoto I bought for the Cummins, so I guess I'll be holding on to it until next year.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:19 AM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
I wish my Fumoto would have fit, I would much rather use that than the other valve that take another part to open it that I will probably loose.

If I had it to do over, I should have enlarged the hole in the skid plate that was just a hair to small.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:31 AM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
For those of you who buy your own Fleetguard filters to bring to Speedco, can you share your "best price" shopping location/web site?
I have never been to Speedco but buy my filters here Online Truck Filters for Sale, Filterbarn H&S Industries - Filterbarn Free shipping over $100 and that is easy to do if you buy all of your filters at the same time.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:32 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
No, I think there would be a Speedco in every town, they make money now - so if they start to get crowded they will Build Them more often.

JMHO,
Like Yogi said: "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded"
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel