Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2017, 07:47 AM   #1

Speedco/Loves

Has anyone used Speedco since Loves took over? Was wondering if the pricing is going to be location determined. There is some pricing on the site, but that differs from the statement.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2017, 08:18 AM   #2

I didn't know Love's took over Speedco. Thanks for the information! This looks like a win/win for the two companies. Lets hope it is a win for the consumer also!
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:24 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Yes, I have used them since the changeover. Prices did go up, but I think that was to get the sale price of the business up. I have been to two different Speedco's in the same state, the last one, Macon GA, they made prices up as they went along. I won't stop at that one again. Next time I will go back to the one in Lake Park GA exit 2 on I-75. I liked them better all around.

As with any business, finding good help no matter what area, is going to be the big problem.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:16 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I like the one in West Spokane (right next to Cummins NW) and I think it was just north of $300 for lube and oil change last summer. Paper work is in the rig which is catching rays at NIRVC (AZ) AWAITING PARTS which were ordered in October
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:30 PM   #5

My last one end of September in Harrisburg Pa was $350.00 with them installing my DEF filter. I called and they said when the total comes out prices are about the same. The tire check and fill is now $14.95. I don't use that part of their service.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:49 PM   #6

In austinburg ohio the speedco prices have almost doubled. I dont see an rv section on their website since loves took over. Im done with speedco.
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:29 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Used the one in Dallas off of loop 12, price was about $350 - they seem to still be going through the learning curve from the Love's purchase. I believe they will have full tire service - I ask about new steer tires while there, and they were not ready.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 03:56 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
In austinburg ohio the speedco prices have almost doubled. I dont see an rv section on their website since loves took over. Im done with speedco.
If in fact that happens nationwide, they will just push service back to competition. I also checked the web site, no posted RV rates. Trucks and RV might all be the same now. Still a lot less than Cummins. After my last visit with a 2 hour wait, I don't think they are loosing any business.

Convenience with RV parks across the highway is worth it to me. Cummins is hard to get to, make an appointment, then drive the coach over there after I get home. Highway convenience is worth a few bucks to me. Or back to doing it myself.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:50 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Texarkana Speedco a little higher than last year in San Antonio, not by much.
navychop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:36 PM   #10

Speedco/Loves

Quote:
Im done with speedco.

Just like that? Why? There is much to settle down yet.
Where will you go for nationwide services?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:23 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Just like that? Why? There is much to settle down yet.
Where will you go for nationwide services?
We normally make a weekend out of it when going to speedco. The closest speedco is a 3 hour drive but being so reasonably priced it was worth the drive. Being double now in price I will just give my business to a local shop. Also lost a little faith in kids doing the work when they overfilled my differential when it didnt need a drop making a big oily mess of my undercariage. Charged me $85 for it. Total bill was $470 for the service. They are nothing special anymore.
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:25 PM   #12
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I try to use Loves as often as I can for fuel. I also like Speedco when they are available. So the union of the two companies looks like a win/win.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:13 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
We normally make a weekend out of it when going to speedco. The closest speedco is a 3 hour drive but being so reasonably priced it was worth the drive. Being double now in price I will just give my business to a local shop. Also lost a little faith in kids doing the work when they overfilled my differential when it didnt need a drop making a big oily mess of my undercariage. Charged me $85 for it. Total bill was $470 for the service. They are nothing special anymore.
If Speedco was not in my route of travel, I would not make a special trip either. A 6 hour round trip drive to Speedco is not going to be a savings after you pay for fuel. My last bill under the new ownership was $345. and that was with an oil sample and purchasing another spare filter. However if you had $85. or more for extra services, that is going be the same anywhere. Older coaches do cost more to maintain.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:27 AM   #14

My last visit to Speedco saw a price increase, but it was no way close to double. My memory is that it was around $275 to $300.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote