RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2014, 06:27 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Step floor won't close

We tried to show the grandkids how a floor extends over the steps and our floor wouldn't move. I can't find a breaker for it. It worked well, even while we've been parked here. I turned the ignition switch on thinking that may have an effect but it didn't.

Any ideas?

TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2014, 06:30 PM   #2

Vance,
The fuse is in the bay directly underneath the drivers seat. If I remember correctly, the fuse is in the lower of the two fuse boxes labeled #12.

Peter & Kathy Collins
Woodland, Washington

2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ

pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:37 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the location. The fuse looked good but input a new one in and tried it. No luck.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:40 PM   #4

Not certain I can provide any further assistance. If using shore power, try turning off the circuit breaker for a minute or two then try it again.

Peter & Kathy Collins
Woodland, Washington

2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:42 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
According to others, Entegra has made the step electric. But mine is air operated so after sitting awhile, it loses air and will no longer operate.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
According to others, Entegra has made the step electric. But mine is air operated so after sitting awhile, it loses air and will no longer operate.
If air driven probably still has electric switches and solenoids to control it, hence the fuse.

OP will have to test after start up to be sure.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:18 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
If air driven probably still has electric switches and solenoids to control it, hence the fuse.

OP will have to test after start up to be sure.
Yes, it may. I was just pointing out that if the cylinder is air, it won't work if the coach has been sitting.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:21 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Vance, try killing the power at the steps switch (salesman switch) for a minute or two. That has been reported to correct more than one weird electrical problem. As Gary mentioned, start the engine and air up, it can't hurt anything.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:05 PM   #9

We just got home from picking up our new 2014 Aspire 44B from MHS in Alvarado. The last 6 hours before we left were spent waiting for them to determine why the floor step cover would not work. Two very hard working techs (yay to Jamie and Steve E.) finally got it working so we headed to the house (near Dallas). Stopped for fuel and when DH went to retract the floor step, nothing happened. That thing is stuck tight and going nowhere! Then, about a mile from home, had to brake hard for a signal light and heard a great big thunk from the front of the coach. I leaned over and saw the cover to the lower half of the RV had slid out. It thunked close upon acceleration, so we drove the final mile to the house. Upon arrival, I pulled on it and guess what? That door slid right back out. Any suggestions as to how to secure the door? The only fix I came up with was duct tape and I'm afraid that will hurt the paint job. The floor step will make loading and unloading the coach a challenge but we will work through it.

I did try Chuck's suggestion but it didn't work
Diesel Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:18 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
The way the cover moves makes sense that it is air operated. And that ours worked a time or 2 the first couple days we were here and doesn't anymore makes more sense that it is air operated.

I will air up tomorrow to make sure it works before my wife's feet dangle for 1,600 miles!
Old 05-25-2014, 03:41 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I aired up the coach and the floor works fine. Looks like it is electrically actuated and air operated so needs both.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Diva View Post
We just got home from picking up our new 2014 Aspire 44B from MHS in Alvarado. The last 6 hours before we left were spent waiting for them to determine why the floor step cover would not work. Two very hard working techs (yay to Jamie and Steve E.) finally got it working so we headed to the house (near Dallas). Stopped for fuel and when DH went to retract the floor step, nothing happened. That thing is stuck tight and going nowhere! Then, about a mile from home, had to brake hard for a signal light and heard a great big thunk from the front of the coach. I leaned over and saw the cover to the lower half of the RV had slid out. It thunked close upon acceleration, so we drove the final mile to the house. Upon arrival, I pulled on it and guess what? That door slid right back out. Any suggestions as to how to secure the door? The only fix I came up with was duct tape and I'm afraid that will hurt the paint job. The floor step will make loading and unloading the coach a challenge but we will work through it.

I did try Chuck's suggestion but it didn't work

Are you talking about the hood that is below the windshield? If so there is a pull lever in the front drivers compartment that has a handle mounted on the left (front) wall. It may be stuck and needs to be pushed back so the latch will engage to lock the hood. Good luck
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:09 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
According to Entegra. The 2013s and earlier had air actuated covers. On my 13 Aspire you'd hit the close switch once and the step would close/open. On my 14 Anthem it is electric and when closed it raises slightly to be flush with the other flooring (the 13 model did not raise). On the 14 model you have to press and hold the switch. As far as mid year changes I don't know when models changed step covers. My RV is a late year 2014.
2016 Ford Edge toad
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:30 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
My Anthem is a mid-year '14 (build date the end of May '13). My floor does not come up flush and won't extend when the air is low. It worked a couple times after we leveled and dumped air.