Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2018, 10:21 PM   #1

Storage Question

I’m planning to leave my 2019 Anthem in storage for 6 weeks in Arizona while we return home for Christmas. I want to find a place where I can leave the unit plugged in to keep the batteries charged, however my fall back will be to store with no power. If I have to store with no power, I want to make sure I don’t have any source of drain to the batteries so I don’t drain and ruin them. Can anyone tell me how to shut the unit down completely? If I do a complete shut down, will the batteries maintain at least 50% over the 6 week period?
Dippelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2018, 10:45 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
I'd just disconnect the negative cable on each battery. If stored at 100% charged, the batteries will be most likely +95% when you return. I've done this with my RV a couple of times when traveling out of the country and never had an issue.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:09 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
I'd just disconnect the negative cable on each battery. If stored at 100% charged, the batteries will be most likely +95% when you return. I've done this with my RV a couple of times when traveling out of the country and never had an issue.
What he said. The only way to be sure you have stopped all current drain is to disconnect right at the batteries. On many if not most RVs the shutoff switches do not shut everything off. If you disconnect at the batteries you can store for 2 months or more without harm.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:43 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Might check and see if NIRVC is storing coaches in the new location in Arizona. It will stay plugged in while you are gone. I believe they are in the Phoenix area.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:08 AM   #5

Spartan Chassis
Starting in 2017, when Entegra moved the batteries to the middle of the basement in front of the drive axle, these disconnects were added. Turning all of these off disconnects everything from the batteries. Disconnecting at the batteries, as others have suggested, is not a good option on your newer coach.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7A52C67E-B79F-4969-BA21-1E595AA29D78.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	221602

Click image for larger version

Name:	C5085AED-A97C-46BA-8471-B14026E53660.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	221600

Unless they’ve moved them they’re behind the small basement door on the passenger side.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:17 AM   #6

Bill

The 4 bar type circuit breakers are now hidden behind that velcro panel. The two big breakers power cut out switches are now facing the curb side of the circuit breaker area... But fundamentally exactly the same....

And kill the 2 big breakers for the engine start batteries I assume also.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:07 AM   #7

Noooooo, don't pull negative cables with our sophisticated inverters! They start looking for a replacment ground...and usually find one: through some other sophisticated electronic equipment that isn't built for that load!

Pull positive cables if ya gotta pull.
Old 10-06-2018, 08:30 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
Starting in 2017, when Entegra moved the batteries to the middle of the basement in front of the drive axle, these disconnects were added. Turning all of these off disconnects everything from the batteries. Disconnecting at the batteries, as others have suggested, is not a good option on your newer coach.

Attachment 221602

Attachment 221600

Unless they’ve moved them they’re behind the small basement door on the passenger side.
That's exactly how it was explained to me on the PDI. Woo spent a lot of time going over that for no power storage. Entegra made a lot of improvements for disconnecting power as I believe they were replacing too many batteries under warranty. Taking the basement freeze off of inverter was another one.
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:36 AM   #9

Jim, I live in Tucson and have a little info on indoor storage. In Phoenix, NIRVC does not yet offer storage. They are looking for a new facility. RV Superstorage in Chandler has indoor 50 amp storage, but they are difficult to get into. In Tucson, I store my Anthem at National RV Central. They only have indoor storage, with electric service to the coach as an option.
AZ520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:29 AM   #10

Jim, The U-Haul right off the Florence exit in Casa Grande has many covered parking spaces with 30 amp. I have a 55 foot garage there with electric. There number is 520 421-9086.
ronlin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 09:36 AM   #11

Thank you !

Many thanks to everyone for the great information and leads. I am feeling much more comfortable.

Jim
Old 10-07-2018, 10:29 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Jim, be very careful taking electronic advise from other brand owners with our sophisticated electronics. I have owned a 2002, TS, a 2014 Entegra and now the 2019. The 19 is an entirely different animal that even I have not learned completely yet and still asking question of late model owners.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
Old 10-09-2018, 07:34 AM   #13

Entegra Answer

Understood Chuck. Yes every coach can be different. I emailed Entegra Service and they responded with a specific protocol I am posting so other 2019 Entegra owners can benefit. I continue to be impressed with the quality and ease of obtaining infornpmation from the company. The information from Entegra Service coupled with the information from this forum is powerful.
Here’s the step by step protocol....

Good Morning Jim. I will explain what you will need to shut off.
1. Shut off main power switch inside entry door.
2. Inside the Passenger side 4th bay door back you will need to shut off both (2) inverter switches and 4 yellow disconnect breakers. Breakers may be behind a carpet panel or below inverter switches.
3. Rear engine bay on passenger side shut off the 2 yellow chassis disconnect breakers.
4. Shut off all breakers above the driver seat in both panels.
5. Unplug Coach

This will shut down all power to the coach. Turn power back on in reverse order. If you have any questions do not hesitate to call to discuss further.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:04 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Excellent information thanks for posting it for others including me
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold

Tags
storage