Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2017, 05:02 AM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
If you are concrete you should have plywood squares under each tire and many use tire covers to keep the sun off the tires.
My coach is outside and rather than wood i bought THIS 4 ft. x 6 ft. x 3/4 in. Thick Rubber Stall Mat from tractor supply. I bought 1 mat and cut it easily with a sheet rock knife into 2 pieces 2'x2' and 2 pieces 2'x4'. This mat uncut is heavy (approx 120lb.) and help to put into a truck bed is necessary or if no truck cut it at the store.
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2017, 05:04 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce91 View Post
My coach is outside and rather than wood i bought THIS 4 ft. x 6 ft. x 3/4 in. Thick Rubber Stall Mat from tractor supply. I cut it easily with a sheet rock knife into 2 pieces 2'x2' and 2 pieces 2'x4'. This mat uncut is heavy and help to put into truck bed is necessary or if no truck cut it at the store.
Why buffer the concrete with wood? Mine is on pavement. Should I also place wood under the tires?
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:38 AM   #17

Once I retire, I hope my rig never sees snow. While I live in the Pacific NW, I don't plan on being around here in the winter. No guarantee of "no snow" because of the wacky weather lately but the odds are in my favor. When I am here in the summer, the coach will be outside, plugged into 110. Also don't understand why it is necessary to put anything under the tires.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:07 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
I don't know about your Entegra, but the parasitic draw in our Phaeton in negligible, probably from running the battery meter. I parked it a month ago and the battery was reading 12.5 volts, checked it yesterday and it's reading 12.5 volts. I agree with MRUSA14, parked inside with no power is way better than parked outside.
David3811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:42 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
I am one of those that go with Marc also. Checking the batteries and running the generator every month, which needs to be done anyhow, in exchange for indoor parking with no power would be worth it. It is a lot more work keeping it washed and seal coated trying to preserve the MH from the elements. On the sale of my last coach, I made a lot of my storage fees back on the increased sales price, selling above book because of condition.

Things that people don't see, the roof, really takes a beating being exposed to the weather.

If the coach is used all the time and rarely exposed to harsh weather, then keep it home and keep it moving.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:24 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Even with the batter cut offs utilized, there is a slight parasitic draw, no?
A true battery cutoff diconnects the coach and battery entirely, and there is no parasitic draw at all. There is such a thing as battery self-discharge that will discharge the batteries slowly. This is very minimal in the case of AGM batteries, on the order of 1 to 1.5 % of total amp hours per month, so it can be disregarded for seaonal storage. For flooded batteries self-discharge is somewhat more but as Brobox says, running the generator every month (or even two) will maintain the batteries and restore the self-discharge losses.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:35 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
A true battery cutoff diconnects the coach and battery entirely, and there is no parasitic draw at all. There is such a thing as battery self-discharge that will discharge the batteries slowly. This is very minimal in the case of AGM batteries, on the order of 1 to 1.5 % of total amp hours per month, so it can be disregarded for seaonal storage. For flooded batteries self-discharge is somewhat more but as Brobox says, running the generator every month (or even two) will maintain the batteries and restore the self-discharge losses.
Good info. How would I cut off the batteries? Flip the breakers in the rear most side bay and shut the cut off switch on the drivers panel?
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 08:51 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Good info. How would I cut off the batteries? Flip the breakers in the rear most side bay and shut the cut off switch on the drivers panel?
One installed on each bank of batteries disconnects them completely. I believe voltdoc did a nice post on how to install them.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...f_rd_i=3398691
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 09:24 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
We keep ours outside and it kills us to do it but inside storage is both distance and cost prohibitive and we can't store in at our house (HOA rules). We found a place close to home that is very reasonable and locked. They just put power in so we can plug in and stay charged. The one thing I (and Cummins) recommend is monthly starting for both the engine and generator. When possible take it for a drive to burn some fuel and DEF. This keeps things in order and keeps the seals lubricated. Keep the tanks full to minimize the possibly of bacteria in the fuel and DEF.
twolfe16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 02:00 PM   #24

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Yes. Assuming the 18s didn’t change turn off all the disconnects in the last bay on the door side and the house batteries will have zero load on them.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:02 PM   #25

Speaking of those disconnects... in addition to the nice pretty column of yellow disconnects, if you pull the velcro-fastened panel that is just inboard of them, the exposed wiring cabinet contains another large yellow disconnect. Can anyone speak regarding its purpose?
Old 12-23-2017, 01:38 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
Speaking of those disconnects... in addition to the nice pretty column of yellow disconnects, if you pull the velcro-fastened panel that is just inboard of them, the exposed wiring cabinet contains another large yellow disconnect. Can anyone speak regarding its purpose?
On our 2017, I believe that is a remote 12v disconnect and it does the same thing as the 12v main switch by the door and the one on the drivers left console.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra