Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2018, 05:40 PM   #1

Strange Firefly Power Problems

We stayed at the Sea Mist RV Campground last weekend in Virginia Beach and had a great time. We were heading home on Sunday morning and we were about 5 miles from the campground when I heard an unusual noise from the front of the coach. I asked the co-pilot to look out the window and we discovered that the entry steps were deployed. We had also lost power to the radio amplifier. I pulled over and reset the entire coach (complete power reset) and the stairs still would not go in. I also noticed that the "Net" LED was not lit on the G6 V1 panel inside the driver's front compartment. I reset the DCD panel breakers multiple times and still no joy. No matter what I tried the stairs would not go back in. I eventually had to pull the stair motor and strap the stairs in place. We made it home 5 hours later and still no radio or power to the V1 panel.

I went out to the coach the next day and the V1 panel had power and the radio amplifier was now working but none of the Firefly light switches in the living room/kitchen area would turn on the lights. I was able to energize the lights from the Vegatouch panel and after energizing the lights from the Vegatouch, I was able to energize only the lights that I had energized from the Vegatouch and no others. Very strange.... I contacted customer support and I have not been impressed with the support I have received to date. I would prefer to troubleshoot the problem myself (with assistance of course) to identify the problem before dropping my coach off at a dealer for repairs. I have very little faith in most dealers ability to diagnose anything more than basic issues.

I am also having issues with inverter #2. The inverter while using the batteries will drop power to the living room outlets and then you can hear 3 very loud clicks coming from under the bed. I have checked all the inverter setting in the Vegatouch and nothing seems to be out of order. Also last weekend while connected to shore power and the inverters off, inverter #2 was switching itself on and off and killing power to the living room outlets.

It seems that I may have a Vegatouch/Firefly gremlin. Has anyone worked with Firefly to troubleshoot an issue. Is there someone at Entegra that I should ask for to assist with the troubleshooting?

Thanks

Ted
jestew3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2018, 06:21 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I know it's not much help, but first I'd look for a loose connection somewhere. If your inverter is going on and off I'd check all the big cables for looseness from the inverter to the house batteries. Pull the panel where the round inverter cutoff switches are located and check all connections back there. On a friends Anthem I found loose connections that caused similar symptoms.

In regard to the Spyder/Firefly issues they could also be power related. According to a schematic I have for an '18 Anthem the G6 in the driver compartment does not have a network trunk connection, so that might explain why there is no network LED- have you ever noticed it being lit? Firefly should be able to provide you with a detailed schematic specific to your coach, I'd suggest contacting them directly.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 06:40 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post
I know it's not much help, but first I'd look for a loose connection somewhere. If your inverter is going on and off I'd check all the big cables for looseness from the inverter to the house batteries. Pull the panel where the round inverter cutoff switches are located and check all connections back there. On a friends Anthem I found loose connections that caused similar symptoms.

In regard to the Spyder/Firefly issues they could also be power related. According to a schematic I have for an '18 Anthem the G6 in the driver compartment does not have a network trunk connection, so that might explain why there is no network LED- have you ever noticed it being lit? Firefly should be able to provide you with a detailed schematic specific to your coach, I'd suggest contacting them directly.
I will check the connections. I checked all the connections to/from the V1 panel in the driver's compartment. There is a network connection to that panel and the "NET LED" is green now, but when I did not have power to the radio amp it was not energized. When using one of the circuits on the V1 panel from the Vegatouch, the corresponding LED on the V1 panel blinks.

Thanks for the info!

Ted
jestew3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, fire, power, problem, problems