RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post
Remote worked......yahoooooo. Must be a problem with the firefly buttons? Will check it out when we get home.
Good show, Tom...wonder why the clicking on the motor???? Must have just been the switch clicking??!!!

DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
I had that problem, just clicked, with my Travel Supreme when it was new, it was the slide controller board. TS customer service had me jump wire from the + to "in" connection on the board and it worked. TS sent me two new slide controllers, I still have the spare. Glad the remote worked, I don't have that luxury yet

2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #17

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post
Will try that...while waiting for a repair guy to call back?
Sounds like the same system that is on my Travel Supreme.. Just went through that loud clicking and no slide moving.. The gear-case on the motor had broken..
Could only order a complete assembly from Klubber Motor I believe.. Cost about $425 delivered.. Wasn't too hard to change... In fact removing the cotter key from it's hiding spot was the worst part of the job.. Tried the wrench deal and it might have worked if two of us had been doing it.. I couldn't do it myself.. But then again I am old and crippled up anymore..
I called the manufacturer to see if they overhauled these so I would have a spare.. No dice!
Good luck with yours..
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04
rhusak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:44 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhusak View Post
Sounds like the same system that is on my Travel Supreme.. Just went through that loud clicking and no slide moving.. The gear-case on the motor had broken..
Could only order a complete assembly from Klubber Motor I believe.. Cost about $425 delivered.. Wasn't too hard to change... In fact removing the cotter key from it's hiding spot was the worst part of the job.. Tried the wrench deal and it might have worked if two of us had been doing it.. I couldn't do it myself.. But then again I am old and crippled up anymore..
I called the manufacturer to see if they overhauled these so I would have a spare.. No dice!
Good luck with yours..
Ron
My 2005 TS 42DS04 slide room stopped moving. I can hear the motor running, but, no motion. It must have a busted gear box. I am going to remove the motor today. I can't read the model info on the motor label but it look like a KMG from other pictures I have seen. Any hints on replacement?

Al
al.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:13 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by al.m View Post
My 2005 TS 42DS04 slide room stopped moving. I can hear the motor running, but, no motion. It must have a busted gear box. I am going to remove the motor today. I can't read the model info on the motor label but it look like a KMG from other pictures I have seen. Any hints on replacement?

Al

Have you checked the shear pin? The shear pin is designed to break so the gears don't.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 11-14-2013, 06:24 AM   #20

Slide Outs Problems on RV's
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:26 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Have you checked the shear pin? The shear pin is designed to break so the gears don't.
The shafts coming out of the gearbox are not turning. If it's an internal pin in the gear box I have not yet removed motor/gearbox assembly.

Al
Old 11-14-2013, 06:29 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless View Post
Thanks for link to info....

Al
Old 11-14-2013, 06:33 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
The shafts coming out of the gearbox are not turning. If it's an internal pin in the gear box I have not yet removed motor/gearbox assembly.

Al
Not good, the shear pin on mine is on the outside of the motor shaft. I hope there is another one on the inside and it will be a simple fix. Let us know when you find the problem.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 11-14-2013, 06:39 AM   #24

Quote:
Not good, the shear pin on mine is on the outside of the motor shaft. I hope there is another one on the inside and it will be a simple fix. Let us know when you find the problem.
My wife said that there was a loud bang when slide completed extension. I suspect that something in the gear box is busted. Will update thread with final results.

Al
Old 11-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #25

Quote:

Al
and

I have removed the motor. The output shaft does not turn. The motor runs. I took apart the gear case and the problem is one of the gears has failed. A small drive gear is press fit into a larger gear. The press fit has failed allowing the small gear to turn freely without driving the larger gear.

My assumption that it was a KMG motor was wrong. In any case, the motor is a Lesson Model 985.676. There is a brake unit attached to the back end (opposite the gear box end) that is made by Stearns Div of Rexnord Corp. and is a model number B130 OBJY2. 12Vdc, 10W.

I have not had any luck finding a replacement motor. Coach is a Travel Supreme Model 42DS04, Model year 2005. Any help?

Al
Old 11-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #26

Ford Super Duty Owner
You might call Entegra C/S (800-945-4787) maybe the same motor they use or could direct you to a source.
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Call the number given for Entegra and ask for Jacob in CS. He was the parts manager for TS and can tell you where to get anything and probably who their supplier was for TS. He is a walking encyclopedia when it come to TS parts.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 11-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #28

Quote:
Call the number given for Entegra and ask for Jacob in CS. He was the parts manager for TS and can tell you where to get anything and probably who their supplier was for TS. He is a walking encyclopedia when it come to TS parts.
Thanks for the suggestion. I did speak with Jacob at Entegra and as you said he is a walking encyclopedia re: TS parts. Very helpful! It seems that the Leeson motor was only used in 2005 models and was changed to a Klauber motor which Jacob says is more reliable and that it runs a lower shaft speed to help it get over the "hump" for the flat floor. The only difference in the unit is that there is a different thread/size for the four mounting bolts. It fits the same bracket and shaft collars. I will update this thread after I get the part.

Al

Tags
slide, slide out