Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #1

Stuck slide out

Right now we are stuck with d/s living room slide stuck in the extended position. Motor clicks but does not turn. Still hooked up to shore power,

Can't find manual that shows how to retract slide manually.
Is there an Entegra site that shows how to retract slide manually?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
If you go to compartment two and look up, you'll see the slide motor. It is elongated round motor with a flat base perpendicular to the ground. On each side you'll see a square tube coming out in both directions. Check first and see if the motor is running and the spindle is moving inside the square tube. If it is, then you've broken the shear pin. Happens sometimes as the slide is heavy. If that is it, then you can insert a bolt, of proper length through the hole, tighten the nut and your in business.

If the bolt is not broken, and the spindle is not moving inside, it could be several things...slide is in a bind or the motor is burnt out. If it is the motor spindle not moving, then you can remove the bolt or shear pin, and with two large crescent wrenches or pipe wrenches of long plumber pliers and use one two hold while cranking in with the other. When you get all the slide all the way in (takes some strength because you are pulling the weight up the ramp at first). When the slide is all the way in or as close as you can get it, reinsert the shear pin in through the box tube on both slides. This will get you home or until you can get a motor.

If the motor spindle is moving and the slide is in a bind, for sure call the after hours number.
Send me a PM if you want to talk through the above...the CS people will likely walk you throughout he same process.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Is this a Power Gear System ?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
If you go to compartment two and look up, you'll see the slide motor. It is elongated round motor with a flat base perpendicular to the ground. On each side you'll see a square tube coming out in both directions. Check first and see if the motor is running and the spindle is moving inside the square tube. If it is, then you've broken the shear pin. Happens sometimes as the slide is heavy. If that is it, then you can insert a bolt, of proper length through the hole, tighten the nut and your in business.

If the bolt is not broken, and the spindle is not moving inside, it could be several things...slide is in a bind or the motor is burnt out. If it is the motor spindle not moving, then you can remove the bolt or shear pin, and with two large crescent wrenches or pipe wrenches of long plumber pliers and use one two hold while cranking in with the other. When you get all the slide all the way in (takes some strength because you are pulling the weight up the ramp at first). When the slide is all the way in or as close as you can get it, reinsert the shear pin in through the box tube on both slides. This will get you home or until you can get a motor.

If the motor spindle is moving and the slide is in a bind, for sure call the after hours number.
Send me a PM if you want to talk through the above...the CS people will likely walk you throughout he same process.
Motor only clicks.... Shear pins are in tack.....
Old 10-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Then the motor is most likely burned out. I'd give the after hours guys a call, but I do know the process with the two large wrenches will work...been there and done that.

For Cliff, electric motor...don't know the brand, but I replace mine with one Entegra sent.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Had the same thing happen to me. Tried the remote control and the slide retracted.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #7
Community Administrator

If there is a brake on it and it is disengaged, the motor might spin as described.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Cliff, to expand, I'm not aware if there are gears on the far end of the box tubes...would assume so. So it could be a gear jammed, but the way ID'd above is one way to find out.

The motors can handle additional power and the Entegra guys had me change the fuse once on a rear slide to increase the power to the motor, but I'd recommend a call to CS before doing that.

Not sure about the brake, if there is one...what I saw was that when the motor had the slide all the way in, it appeared to me that the motor with the pins held the slide. not sure that makes sense, but I don't hear anything locking or tha application of a brake.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #9
Community Administrator

Here's a tech doc that explains the brake operation on a PG motor.

http://support.powergearus.com/techdocs/82-S0506.pdf

Old 10-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
CALL CS. That said, the motors are all the same, so if you do have a bad motor, you can take one from another slide and use it to get the slide retracted.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrzryd View Post
Had the same thing happen to me. Tried the remote control and the slide retracted.
Will try that...while waiting for a repair guy to call back?
Old 10-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Marc is correct. Retract the bed slide...use that motor, assuming it is the motor. The put the non-working motor where the bed is and lock it in using the shear pins.

But given Cliff's input, which i don't know much about, may want to call CS. The motor clicking on mine was an indication of a burnt out motor.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #13

Remote worked......yahoooooo. Must be a problem with the firefly buttons? Will check it out when we get home.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Here's a tech doc that explains the brake operation on a PG motor.

http://support.powergearus.com/techdocs/82-S0506.pdf
The 2013's don't have a brake lever (or ending as shown, although the remainder of the motor and mechanism look similar. Motor is bare on the end.

Tags
slide, slide out