Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2019, 09:48 PM   #1

Sub woofer

Putting the sub woofer under the bed was not the most practical design for our 2019 44b anthem. Neither one of us can go to bed while the other stays up to watch TV. Can't sleep with that rumble going on right under you. Before I do something light cutting wires....can it be disconnected or removed without affecting the rest of the sound system?
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2019, 04:20 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
My 19 has the sub woofer in the dinnet center cabinet. For storage reasons I plan on moving it behind the fireplace. What model did they still put it under the bed? That is where a signature line comes in handy. Might have someone with that model can tell you where they moved theirs to.

There are a few post where others have moved it. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/2018...-362168-2.html
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 06:02 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I see now you have a 19 Anthem B, I was not aware they were still putting them under the bed. The Cornerstone is wireless and will make moving it to behind the fireplace easy. Is the Anthem sub woofer wireless?
Old 01-10-2019, 07:04 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
We have a 19 Aspire 44B and the subwoofer is in the cabinet behind the table. Like Chuck, we will probably relocate to behind the fireplace. Do you have the booth option instead of the table and chairs? Just curious why yours would be placed differently. But wired or wireless, you should be able to move it. Thanks for the tip about yours being wireless Chuck. I'm traveling this week but will check ours when I get home. We're having the fireplace surround replaced soon and it will be the perfect time to move the subwoofer.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:05 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Sub woofer

Our 2019 Anthem 44W has a wireless subwoofer and I moved it to the floor of the center theater seat console. Out of the way and no lost space just like Chucks solution.
Steve
C310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:15 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
We disconnected our SW for the obvious reasons. We have the booth option so there was no room there in and our TV is on a televator so no room behind the fireplace. Numerous discussions with Entegra even including Joyce found no ideas for a place in the Y floorplan.

Then we decided to get a new couch from Lambright. We saw a couple of them over the years and finally decided to move ahead. It turned out that the couch was about 15 inches shorter than the L couch. Hmmm

Vernon worked with us and shortened the drawers of the side table by about 10" but left the top full length. The SW fits perfectly in the back of the table and now we have what we great sound especially after the Bose system was balanced correctly. (Thanks NIRVC)

Obviously not a solution for the standard configurations but an idea.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:33 AM   #7

Actually, if any of you have set up a surround sound system in your S&Bs, the best position for the SW is on the opposite wall from the primary speakers. That puts the best spot in 44B behind the L couch in the corner by the kitchen cabinet. In the 2014 there is even a plug in there for it. Looks like there is enough space for it. The next issue it getting it there.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:32 AM   #8

Now this is one confusing post, unless Anthem's are totally different than Aspire's? or they've done some really odd changes from '17 to '19?

Our '17 Aspire 44B has soundbar's with separate subwoofer's under each TV.
The sub for the front TV is in the cabinet, under the table.
The sub for the bedroom TV is in the upper cabinet, next to the television.

Using the soundbar's is optional, they have to be turned on separately from the TV, with their own remote. We rarely do unless we're watching a movie or something we want loud. The TV speakers are perfectly adequate most of the time.

If the soundbar is off, the sub's are silent.
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:59 PM   #9

We have a 16' Anthem 44b with the subwoofer under the dinette table cabinet. We didn't particularly care for the added sound of the woofer as it made different parts of the motor home vibrate, so we decided to remove it just before we left for our 6 months of travel and use the extra space for wine storage for my wife (she's quite a lush). When we got to our first destination 1200 miles from home I settled in and fired up the directtv. Guess what? No sound. No matter what I tried-nothing. We had to have our friends ship the subwoofer to us. Wife cried for a week at the loss of her "wine cellar". So the point of this story is to try it without before you leave it behind.

Mallory
Mwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by C310 View Post
Our 2019 Anthem 44W has a wireless subwoofer and I moved it to the floor of the center theater seat console. Out of the way and no lost space just like Chucks solution.
Steve
I'm shaking down a 2019 Anthem 44b right now. I know the subwoofer is under the bed..havent looked closely yet...you think the subwoofer is wireless? Assuming I can find another place for it?
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:17 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Jim, just checked the 19 Cornerstone, no sub woofer for the bedroom. Only a safe in that location and nothing under the bed. In the 14 Anthem the Bose remote was programed for the TV as well. The 19 is not programmed for the TV and on my list to do. The surround sound was also not programmed on mine which took some doing to figure out. Now I see the remotes are also not programmed. Thanks for making me look
Old 01-12-2019, 09:17 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Jim, just checked the 19 Cornerstone, no sub woofer for the bedroom. Only a safe in that location and nothing under the bed. In the 14 Anthem the Bose remote was programed for the TV as well. The 19 is not programmed for the TV and on my list to do. The surround sound was also not programmed on mine which took some doing to figure out. Now I see the remotes are also not programmed. Thanks for making me look
Chuck,
I wasn't clear, mine ('17 Aspire) is to the right of the TV, in the other overhead cabinets. If you have the soundbar under the tv, it will be there.
All samsung stuff, works pretty well.

Here's a pic of the bedroom system.

Do the anthems / cornerstones / '018's 019's use the same stuff?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedroom A-V.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	264.1 KB
ID:	231718  
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:41 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Sub woofer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneknight View Post
Chuck,

I wasn't clear, mine ('17 Aspire) is to the right of the TV, in the other overhead cabinets. If you have the soundbar under the tv, it will be there.

All samsung stuff, works pretty well.

Here's a pic of the bedroom system.

Do the anthems / cornerstones / '018's 019's use the same stuff?

The sound bar in the Cornerstone is Bose and doesn’t have a sub for the bedroom.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:52 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by C310 View Post
Steve
Yes, I did the same thing. It's wireless so easy peasy
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote