Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2015, 11:35 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Either one and you will think you have gone to heaven compared to your Excursion. I had a 2014 Excursion as well. Best thing we ever did was trade up to an Entegra - IMHO
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2015, 03:57 PM   #16

Thanks to you all for your input. I like everything from Entegra; except the carpeted slides. I guess if Newmar was continuing to use carpet, I would have chosen the Entegra.
I'll be in Hershey this coming weekend; hopefully the reps from Entegra will shed light on any '17 changes.
Thanks again to all; safe travels
Ron
rawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 06:28 PM   #17

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
We've been out looking at Anthems and Dutch Stars. We're kind of honing in on a DS 4312 which has rear bunk room as we have a daughter and would prefer not breaking down the couch area to make a bed every night.

Besides the fact that Entegra doesn't seem to make a BH in the Anthem I'd say it's really a toss up between the manufacturers as to which is the best deal. Overall we kind of like the Entegra comparing similar models. One thing that bugged me about several of the Entegra floor plans is that the TV is mounted against the rear bedroom wall and there doesn't seem to be a way to watch from either of the couches unless you either lay down or sit with your head turned almost 90 degrees.

Chassis wise they seem similar (don't really have a preference between Spartan and Freightliner) although I did notice the Anthem I liked had a hydraulic fan motor as opposed to the belt drive on the DS.

The DS also has "Comfort Drive" and the Passive steer TAG on some models. I haven't driven any of them so I can't comment on drivability. I'm sure they are all light years ahead of my Excursion.

I do like the full size slide on the DS and the full tile. If you look closely under the slide when it's in, you'll see several nylon rollers there apparently to protect the tiles. The rollers are not supposed to touch the tiles, I'm guessing they are there just in case to protect against hitting and cracking.

It's sad when you hear about people whe have problems with these high end MHs that don't get resolution to issues. I suppose it's a buyer beware world no matter what you purchase

You need that Comfort Drive on the Freightliner chassis. Do drive the coaches you are really serious about....drive before you buy!

Also, listen to the QUIET in the Entegra....you'll be very pleasantly surprised!

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
2013 Aspire DEQ
Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 06:30 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawn77 View Post
Thanks to you all for your input. I like everything from Entegra; except the carpeted slides. I guess if Newmar was continuing to use carpet, I would have chosen the Entegra.
I'll be in Hershey this coming weekend; hopefully the reps from Entegra will shed light on any '17 changes.
Thanks again to all; safe travels
Ron

Entegra is not going to hint at any 2017 changes. They kept 2016 very secret until the unveiling. That went so well for them, I can't see them saying anything about 17's at this time or for months to come.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:48 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
I mentioned to Tad Jenkins when we toured the plant in July he could create a firestorm around Nappanee In by just hanging a banner that says Comfort Drive - 2017 in the windshield of an Entegra and driving around town.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:50 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
I mentioned to Tad Jenkins when we toured the plant in July he could create a firestorm around Nappanee In by just hanging a banner that says Comfort Drive - 2017 in the windshield of an Entegra and driving around town.
I'll bet he loved that
Old 09-14-2015, 11:42 AM   #21

I think I recall someone saying that a bunk floor plan from Entegra is in the works. Don't know for sure...
Old 09-14-2015, 01:45 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
I think I recall someone saying that a bunk floor plan from Entegra is in the works. Don't know for sure...
Yes that is true, it is out of paint now, the only problem is where the bunks go they put a storage closet. I will post pics when I get them.
50sbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:31 PM   #23

Ask Newmar if you buy from them will they give you a 2 year warranty. The answer will be "no" that they can't. Why can't they? The 2 year warranty was the first thing that got my attention. My thoughts were "they must believe in their product or they wouldn't do it." Newmar did try longer warranties but they stopped because they were losing money. Lastly Entegra won because of folks like Tadd Jenkins, Ted Cook and Joyce Skinner. Oh, and one more Big Thing, Jayco is Debt Free😀🎉🎊🎈
Dawg44b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 05:44 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sbuckeye View Post
Yes that is true, it is out of paint now, the only problem is where the bunks go they put a storage closet. I will post pics when I get them.
Please post pics. Would be very interested in comparing to the Dutch Star 4312. PM me if you remember so I know they are posted

Thanks!

Tags
purchase