Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2014, 04:09 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Yep...having so many problems...think i'll trade for a Newmar or a Newell.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2014, 07:53 PM   #30

We also had an oil leak on our left side tag on our '14 Aspire after the first 2000 miles, had seal replaced. Right front also leaking oil but it turned out to be just over filled from the factory, drained to proper level and so far all is well.
sweetandsour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:12 PM   #31

good point may just be too much in em
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:09 AM   #32

My tag has leaked for 2 years and Spartan said that it would stop, will they were wrong. I'm going back next month will see if they will fix it. what a pain to clean the wheels each night.
Tom and Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:21 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Had a leak - Looks worse than it is. Seal replaced when I had the oil changed.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:58 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
I talk with my heavy equipment mechanic regarding this post and he informed me that many of the leaks can be fixed by tighten the alan bolts. If not, replacing the seal behind the cover is a simple but messy job. Lots of 90 weight, a quart plus. It is very rare that it is the axle seal that leaks. I am going to check and make sure I have have a heavy alan wrench on board of the correct size.

I found out I can change a hub seal faster that getting an appointment with a Spartan shop in my area.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:25 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Well, I suspect there is a little more to it than that as the tech was working on both the inside of the tag as well as just that outside hub view. He said he replace the whole hub seal assembly...but what do I know...I was only observing.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:45 AM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Well, I suspect there is a little more to it than that as the tech was working on both the inside of the tag as well as just that outside hub view. He said he replace the whole hub seal assembly...but what do I know...I was only observing.
That is probably not the first time a warranty claim has been milked. I just passed along what a 13 year heavy equipment mechanic told me when I asked about this post. I am fortunate that mechanic is now an A & E mechanic that works at my storage hanger full-time as an aricraft mechanic. It's nice to have a darn good mechanic to ask these questions of and help when I need it.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
That's great...I'm on the road 365...so when Spartan tells me where they'd like me to go out of half a dozen alternatives because they like their work, I'll go where Spartan is paying for it. They obviously have preferred work facilities. The tech that worked my vehicle basically viewed it as you've already had to put up with this once, he said he'd take care of the full system....but that why we live in America...you can do what you darn well please!
Old 07-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
FWIW, was just at Spartan week before last (and week before that too). I was not seeing any leakage at the tag and made no complaint, however I had these items on my paperwork:

Customer Check-In:
Complaint: Tag Axle Leak TSB13-340-01
Cause: TSB
Correction: Install new updated plugs (Part# S-2415-001) and cut hub cap bolts to clear the new plugs

Repair Order (warranty):
Complaint: Service technician found broken Stemco cover studs
Cause: Failed Studs
Correction: Replace both studs and torqued them but the covers started to leak so we replaced the covers and gaskets.

So there seems to be a TSB for the Stemco cover plug, at least for my 2013. The photo attached was taken after the repair work, I believe the cover plug is the blue cap at the center as can be partially seen in the photo. Note you can also see the oil level - it is up to the full mark.

My front axle (not IFS) wet ends are different and are made by Dana. Have not seen any leaks there either.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG8095.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	253.1 KB
ID:	66884  
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:35 PM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Nice follow up Rob, Thanks, That might explain a few of the problem.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #40

Wet hub leaks aren't that uncommon. They typically leak due to:
-- Over filled. Most have 2 circles and most are full between the circles. You can run near the the lower circle with no fear.
-- Leaking fill/drain. Many have a fill/drain plug on the side. These leak after being over tightened.
-- Plugged vent. As already stated there is a very small vent in the middle of the plug.
-- Plug failure. Probably rare, but I have seen the plug no longer seal.

The good news is these covers are cheap and easily replaced. Don't over torgue the mounting bolts.
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:51 PM   #41

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Interesting...

I've had some minor drainage of oil from my wet seals, but not much actual oil. A little bit makes a big mess!

More of a concern, is trying to add engine oil. Doug French came over before we left Florida to weigh my coach, and I was checking the oil. I was a gallon low, and had oil all over my engine compartment. Seems the tech didn't actually tighten up the oil filter! Well, to make a long story short, I had to trap the rear engine compartment door part-way open, and I still couldn't pour oil into the neck of the filler tube. I literally had to pull the rear hatch half-way down and tie it, get a step ladder, and still had to add oil a cup at a time. It is my understanding that they've made a major change to the location of the neck of the filler-tube since the mid-'13 model year, but I'm going to ask for a modification during my PDI in mid-September.

Not meaning to Hijack the thread.

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:48 PM   #42

My wheel had the same oil leak patterns on some of them. I called Spartan, made and appointment They are aware of an issue and had all of my hub seals replaced. I was told that none of my original hub seals were leaking; what I was seeing was grease placed on the wheel bolts that was being flung off. I still see the streaks but on less wheel so I'll call Spartan again and send more pictures but the oil levels are still ok.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak