Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #1

Taking Delivery next Tuesday

We are excited and nervous to take delivery of our 2013 DEQ next Tuesday! I have a copy of the Entegra Customer Delivery Form. With all the experience on this board, are there any specific (or non specific) items that I should pay close attention to? Things like Orange Peel paint, washing machines not working, dishwasher drawers not locking....keep them coming!

Thanks to all for being a educational treasure trove, and even sometimes quite entertaining!
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Corey, congratulations on the new coach!! Regina and I are so thrilled for you.

Ask about how charged your batteries are. They ran ours down twice. Also check to make sure the lights in the basement and in the generator compartment are all turned off. Those have been left on, on several coaches including ours.

Make sure to run the water pump. We found out on ours that the valves in the tank drains were turned the wrong way and the water pump was sucking air.

Have them level the coach and then check with a couple levels at mid coach. The Null wasn't checked and the coach was leveling nose low.

The coolant fluid in our engine was low. Have it topped off. Also make sure that you can actually remove the coolant cap. It will turn but often times it is virtually impossible to actually remove.

Run the aqua hot and carefully watch the fluid level in the overflow tank. We found that as we ran it for several hours the fluid needed to be refilled several times. No leak apparent and we think there were air bubbles in the under floor heating loop.

The dishwasher does lock using the remote. Hold down the button on the remote. It will chirp once but don't release the button. Continue to hold it down and after what seems forever, it will chirp two or three times. It is now locked.

I'm sure many here will chime in. Read the CDI and ask us as many questions as you like. Be over prepared. Watch the videos on YouTube too.

Have fun!! You have my number and call anytime!
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyinWP View Post
We are excited and nervous to take delivery of our 2013 DEQ next Tuesday! I have a copy of the Entegra Customer Delivery Form. With all the experience on this board, are there any specific (or non specific) items that I should pay close attention to? Things like Orange Peel paint, washing machines not working, dishwasher drawers not locking....keep them coming!

Thanks to all for being a educational treasure trove, and even sometimes quite entertaining!
Congrats Corey! Looks like you made up your mind and went for it. I hope you get many miles and smiles out of it.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Now that it is out of the box...congrats on your new coach. We're so happy for you and look forward to meeting in August at Summerfest.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is your coach was probably winterized before leaving Indiana as it was headed for New York. When we ran our first dishwasher load, we saw this strange pink fluid ... they make check that the dishwasher works, for about 30 seconds. It will likely not clear all the pink out of the system.

Get a good briefing on the inverters, what constitutes coach and chassis battery status, what represents good, what the coach should operate at on shore power and what the inverters should read going down the road. Make sure you fully understand generator ops and the comment, just leave it on "auto" may not be best. I wished I new, because somehow the issues that I have right now, all seem to tie together, including the generator operation and coach charging. If nothing else, maybe your questions will force the tech to learn what he needs to know for delivery.

Make them take their time...and have fun. Establish up front that you want to stay on site for a night, because you'll likely have questions the next day. Take your satellite receivers with you for the service you'll use, if you know and make them hook it up. It is a nightmare in the entertainment area with all the wires.

most of all, you know you have follks you can call if you have a question, in addition to Entegra Customer Support...and as we were in your shoes (and still are) two months ago, no question is to silly to ask
DSL417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #5

A while back I posted a thread "confessions of a newbie" ---may I humbly suggest if you have not read it to do so. I pulled some of the most stupid things you can imagine. Most of what I posted has nothing to do with the mechanics of the coach, but rather some of the things that you would not normally think of if you are not use to operating one of these elephants!!!! Most of all ---GO SLOW AND IF YOU EVEN HESITATE AND THINK "CAN I DO THIS"---THEN DON'T !!!! (at least not for another couple of months).And always have your SUPER SWEET WIFE watch you back up (see referred to post). You are in for a great time. We picked ours up Sept. 5th '12 and already have 13,000 miles on it (about half of what I wish we had).

Blessings on you and yours and your travels

P.S. PM me anytime and I will give you a phone number and will either laugh with you, cry with you, or will do my best to help you find the right person to take care of your issues.
iquailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #6

IF you are buying from Orlando RV, BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN COMING OUT OF THE PARKING LOT ONTO THE STREET! THE DRIVE IS NOT WIDE AND THAT POLE ON THE WEST SIDE IS VERY CLOSE, YOU WILL NEED TO WAIT UNTIL YOU CAN USE ALL 4 LANES OR AT LEAST 3 TO STICK THE NOSE OUT BEFORE YOU TURN. This can be a long wait but it is essential to keep from hitting that light pole. Do not get anxious and try to use one or two lanes, wait until you can use 3 no matter how long it takes. NO, I did not hit the pole but I sure made traffic stop in that 3rd lane to wait while I came out onto the street. I have driven semis and rvs for years and that is one of the tighter corners I have been in. OH, good luck and have fun, spend the day and night and check EVERYTHING out.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:19 AM   #7

I have read confessions of a newbie..a few times already! I was thinking of picking up the option for film rights. Thanks for well wishes and insights. Fairbanks Ave. is tough to cross on two feet no less 12 wheels!
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:25 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Actually, in the test drive that Robin took me on, he had me turning into the right hand lane going back towards the interstate. Then he had me keep my left wheels on the rumple nodes (on the dashed white line and that way you can feel it as well as see it). That little four mile test drive route that he takes was well worth it. As he is your sales guy, he might be willing to take you out on the interstate as well. Don't be ashamed to ask. The construction from Gene's delivery time is (or was) gone by the time I delivered, but Fairbanks is tight.

Have you called the guy down at LazyDays for the driving class. You'll find that useful if you can get down there...so the first time you need to back into a sight, you will be ready. he videos are good, but doing the things you need to learn actually in the driver's seat was great. Monday through Friday only. Just tell him you're spending a couple of days in the campground there (which is also where they are teaching the class. If you can't get there, then do the coach marking as suggested in the videos and let me know...I can get you a copy of the training manual they use, hard copy.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:02 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Taking Delivery

Congrats

If I read correctly you are picking up at Orlando RV? If so, like DSL417 said the traffic is crazy there. I started at 1000 am and departed at sunset (5pm) so my advice is start early. I'd bet they would start earlier for you if you called. After about 1 hr of paperwork we started the delivery acceptance. I had previously read the entire manual via a .pdf file but I still had many questions. We found a few discrepancies and went to lunch. Upon return we told the technician we were ready and I spent about 3 hrs Transfering our stuff from one rig to another. My advice is make the dealership locate both RVs right next to each other on their lot. DO NOT let them talk you into doing this on the side street behind their lot. It is a "local" shortcut to avoid Fairbanks Ave. After moving all my junk....and I missed some stuff.... then I worked in the lot to hookup my toad with a pigtail adapter. Last piece of advice. Don't plan on going far that night. I drove about one hour and dropped in a chair for several beers.

Start early, ask for what you want, operate every system you can, take notes if needed, expect glitches, recognize you will find things you have to put on a list to get fixed if they can't fix it that day,be patient, don't kill yourself.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:11 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Best bet, ask them to pull over to where they've got a fifty amp connection. There is more light for transferring your stuff. If you do it across the street and it starts to get dark, no lights other than your security light.

Also,don't try to pack it as you would for long term. It'll take a couple of weeks for you to decide where you want stuff.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Reminded me of one other thing. Had to laugh at this story, because it happened to me as well at our first campground.

A new owner bought one the used 2013 RVOne had and transferred their stuff into the late evening across the street. Next day, Robin rolls in at 8 AM and the new owner is waving both arms inside his coach in the front window. Robin hustles across (as fast as you can and not get killed on Fairbanks). Turns out, and this is common, the dead bolt on the Anthems, maybe the other coaches as well, can be very tight. If you feel "stuck", pull in very hard on the door handle and then release the lock. If the door isn't closed good, or if you release the door before releasing the deadbolt this will gig you.

In my case, got up early to take the toad 70 miles away for some warantee service. Just as I get there, the DW calls and says she and the dog are stuck in the coach...long story short, four hours later when I returned, called David in service, pushed hard in on the door mechanism. Door unlocks. DW happy; dog ecstatic that she could go out and take of morning business...about 6 hours later than normal
Old 03-13-2013, 08:27 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
When we were ready to leave the lot at Orlando, they went out and stopped traffic so we used the whole width of the street to get out. If I was you, do the delivery one day and go back the next morning to start out. No big traffic worries that way and no rush to beat the sun.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:29 AM   #13

If, while you are receiving instructions from the tech your wife could video and then when he is telling her about the stuff she wants to know you video, well just know that particular video will become more popular than Lonesome Dove and will probably go in the safe when not in use. Make sure you have plenty of battery on the camera as it will probably be an epic
iquailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:35 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Orlando RV escape plans

I live not far from Orlando RV and I drive my four wheeler a lot in Winter Park ( great places for dining on Park Ave 1 mi from Orlando RV) and when you depart Orlando RV the only practical way to leave is go west on Fairbanks Ave 2 mi to Interstate 4 then decide which way to go. That 2 miles of Fairbanks Ave is hair raising, zipping traffic where you have to constantly watch the road signs hanging on posts near your right side.

I took my RV with toad once east on Fairbanks and the road snakes thru the Rollins College area and is pretty uncomfortable. With your brand new rig, go to I-4 first then go North or South.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote