RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2019, 05:29 AM   #1

Tampa RV and boat show

Where does everyone camp during this show? Lisa and I want to make reservations soon before they fill up. We want full hook ups

Thanks in advance

buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2019, 06:13 AM   #2

My understanding is that you dry camp right in the parking lot. Was there 4 or 5 years ago in a Monaco and the Monaco people parked close together and it was right in a big gravel/dirt parking lot right beside the show. Pat Bauer is the one who organizes that one and I think that is the way that he does it also.... Might be wrong. They usually get about a hundred coaches so someone should show up soon who has been there recently.

Gary

Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:22 AM   #3

LazyDays has a full-hookup campground not too far away. You might find a spot there. There is also one a bit further from there called Tampa East RV Resort. I've seen it but never been in the park. Both are just off the highway.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:22 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
My understanding is that you dry camp right in the parking lot. Was there 4 or 5 years ago in a Monaco and the Monaco people parked close together and it was right in a big gravel/dirt parking lot right beside the show. Pat Bauer is the one who organizes that one and I think that is the way that he does it also.... Might be wrong. They usually get about a hundred coaches so someone should show up soon who has been there recently.

Gary
Dry camping is not an option. The wife does not know how to conserve water
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:47 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Tampa East is okay but bring extra water filters. They clog up fast there.

KennyGolub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:48 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
No water/sewer hookups available. About a thousand coaches dry camping there. Maybe your wife can learn something.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:06 AM   #7

Spartan Chassis
It's very likely too late to get a FHU site in a campground anywhere near the show venue, but you won't know until you try.

If you can figure out the water issue there will be an Entegra gathering again at Tampa in January. Pat Bauer said the reservation announcement will come out Oct 1.

If you join the gathering all coaches arrive during a specific time range the day before the show starts (should be Jan 14) and are lead back and parked together. 30 amp power only is supplied. Of course, you can leave whenever you want so leave when you run out of water.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:04 AM   #8

Call Lazy Days. They will put you on a "waiting list" if they are already "sold out", and most likely they WILL call you several weeks prior to the start of the SS because they all most always have cancellations. I've gotten in there several times from the waiting list. My complaint about LD is their sites are really tight, but all have FHU. LD is only a couple of exits away from the FG. All that said, parking on the FG with the ECOA group is a real advantage, albeit W/O FHU.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:09 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
A lot will depend on how far you are willing to drive to go to the show. There are many FHU campgrounds in the area (campgroundreviews.com), and some will not fill, but again, it's all in how far away you are willing to settle. When we went last year, we stayed at the Orlando SW KOA in Davenport which was never more than 50% capacity, but was about a 45 minute ride from the fairground. We didn't mind the ride since we planned for it, and planned to stay at the fairground all day. The biggest part of our plan was making sure that we did not end up in either the AM or PM rush hour. Since there was an drive-to-you Enterprise rental right on the other side of I-4 from the KOA, we skipped towing and rented which really worked out great for us. We had a very nice tour of the Mount Olive Shores motorhome community since it was in the middle of the trip.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:15 AM   #10

I'd second Lazy Days and the waiting list option. We've done it and it has worked out for us but I also called them occasionaly to check on availability throughout the waiting time..

As a bonus the restaurant on site is really good and the pool is a nice option too.
Oldmso54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:09 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Lazy Days Campground can be very expensive. It can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to stay there. Ask me how I know.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:14 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
It can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to stay there. Ask me how I know.
HaHa - took me a minute but I get it now LMAO.
Oldmso54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:21 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
OP may not be looking for the Supershow. They asked about the Tampa RV and BOAT show.
Tim Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 11:06 AM   #14

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Fox View Post
OP may not be looking for the Supershow. They asked about the Tampa RV and BOAT show.
Tim,

My cursory search turned up Tampa RV shows and Tampa Boat shows, but no Tampa RV and Boat show. Admittedly, I didn’t look very hard.

2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote