Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2016, 09:12 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Tank Level Indicators

I'm scheduled for my PDI in late March, but have an issue with my tank level indicators on our 2015 Anthem 44B.
1. When I push one of the buttons for BLACK or GREY tank levels I often get the level for the other tank. I then push the button again and I get the correct tank level.
2. Sometimes I get the OPn indication that may indicate an open circuit.
3. When I dump my BLACK tank, the level often shows the Pre-Dump level, for some time (30 minutes or more) after I dump. It's difficult to see if my tank is actually empty immediately after I dump. With the macerator we have installed, I visually verify that the hose starts vibrating when the tank is empty (with my fresh water flush valve open so I don't ruin the macerator). That is the only way I have to ensure that the tank is empty, other than opening both the BLACK and GREY dump valves and observe a change in the tank levels as the tanks equalize they levels. Need to be careful that the GREY level is higher than the BLACK to ensure no BLACK fluid moves to the GREY tank.
Hopefully PDI will correct all this.
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2016, 11:58 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I also have these issues.

Problem 1 is the membrane switches are a little too sensitive and interacting with each other. I mostly see this on my wet bay gauge, the bathroom gauge seems to be OK. Last time I was at Entegra they could not duplicate the problem. It still happens from time to time. Only way to fix this is probably a replacement gauge.

Problem 2, I also see this from time to time, but only when I am emptying the tanks, at which time I sometimes see a brief OPN and/or ERR message. Same deal, couldn't be duplicated at the factory. For me the OPN or ERR display usually clears within a few seconds and it doesn't happen often. At least in my case I think it is just the nature of the beast. If the OPN or ERR message persists tho you do probably have some kind of issue.

Problem 3, I have the manual dump system but when I see this sort of behavior it is usually because the black tank needs additional flushing. Crap on the side walls of the tank will confuse the sensors. I follow the procedure described in other threads on this topic to fill up the black tank with fresh water to help flush it clean. You could also possibly have some other sensor issue if the flush procedure doesn't seem to take care of it.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 05:40 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Appreciate the response. I feel confident it will re-happen during PDI as it is always occurring.
Thanks.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:31 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Good luck with that....failure to duplicate is a real pita! Especially at your pdi.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
2013 Aspire DEQ
Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:04 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Could someone please shed some light for me on how these switches work? I know they're different than the older style I'm somewhat familiar with.
Voltdoc mentioned "membrane"?

Thank's,
pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:54 AM   #6
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Hi Jim - just saw this post and your comments about trying to figure out what's going on while dumping. You may already have one of these, but JIC:

If you can fit one of these or a similar straight one between your coach connection and your sanicon it will be very helpful in knowing what's happening.
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:06 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Well, several weeks ago we were back at Entegra, and this time they found out why I was getting both gray and black readings from the same push buttons. They discovered a wire that had totally separated from its crimp back in the rear gray/black tank compartment. They reattached it and we have good signals now. I wish I had photos, but was told about it after the repair.

Tags
cat, tank