Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2018, 12:13 AM   #2395

Flanz, I did the same on my Aspire, but with one difference. I added a provision to allow a separate black tank flush hose if desired. Normally, I used a valve to switch the fresh source to the black tank flush, but sometimes I dump at locations where the available water is non-potable. In that situation, I don't want to use my white hose. I added a T, another check valve and a hose input to allow the use of a gray hose.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2018, 04:42 AM   #2396

Flanz, where did you get the water flow meter??
thanks
Van Sayler
2017 Anthem 44B

vsayler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:16 AM   #2397

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
Flanz, I did the same on my Aspire, but with one difference. I added a provision to allow a separate black tank flush hose if desired. Normally, I used a valve to switch the fresh source to the black tank flush, but sometimes I dump at locations where the available water is non-potable. In that situation, I don't want to use my white hose. I added a T, another check valve and a hose input to allow the use of a gray hose.
Yes, I thought about that while planning this mod.. But, whenever I am at a dump station, I just dump and get the heck outta there. I have never been at a dump station that I wanted to hook up to non-potable water. We very rarely use dump stations. I think the only one has been while we were at Entegra for service. I still havenít ruled out a hookup for flushing like you mention, but just havenít been to enough dump stations to justify a separate connection.
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:22 AM   #2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsayler View Post
Flanz, where did you get the water flow meter??
thanks
Van Sayler
2017 Anthem 44B
Water flow meter can be found at either HD and/or Loweís. I found it in the garden department where the hoses and irritation system parts are located....

I think I paid about $7.00 for it, but I needed to purchase a couple of adapters to install it. Needed to go from hose connections to 1/2Ē PEX.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:10 AM   #2399

wow, Paul, nice setup!! First replumbing I've seen that makes me want to dive in and do mine over.

If you have to winterize for cold weather watch the pressure gauges hard plumbed into the system. I have ruined two gauges now with freeing damage despite blowing out the lines and refilling the system with antifreeze. Water gets up into the bourdon tube inside the gauge and is trapped and does not get blown out or diluted by antifreeze. I end up taking gauges out and into the house if winterizing to prevent damage.

Where did you get the little flowmeter? something else that I can sense a run on at Amazon all of a sudden...
Old 01-11-2018, 03:01 PM   #2400

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestal View Post
wow, Paul, nice setup!! First replumbing I've seen that makes me want to dive in and do mine over.

If you have to winterize for cold weather watch the pressure gauges hard plumbed into the system. I have ruined two gauges now with freeing damage despite blowing out the lines and refilling the system with antifreeze. Water gets up into the bourdon tube inside the gauge and is trapped and does not get blown out or diluted by antifreeze. I end up taking gauges out and into the house if winterizing to prevent damage.

Where did you get the little flowmeter? something else that I can sense a run on at Amazon all of a sudden...

Not sure about Amazon, but Home Depot has them.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-Wa...2212/205489792
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:11 PM   #2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestal View Post

No winterizing here!! At least thatís what Iím told by the bride. Weíre retired full timers. As for the water flow meter, see the post before yours.

Thanks....
Old 01-11-2018, 05:18 PM   #2402

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleySG View Post
Not sure about Amazon, but Home Depot has them.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-Wa...2212/205489792
Yup, thatís the one. So far so good using the flow meter. Iíve been averaging around 1000 - 1100 gallons a month. This works pretty good since our water softener is the double standard On the Go which allows for 1600 gallons or so before a recharge....
Old 01-12-2018, 06:30 AM   #2403
OWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanz View Post
We're sitting in South Florida, Silver Palms RV, and weather really hasn't been all that great for riding. So, I've been a little bored!!!

Here's a few projects that I've been wanting to get too...First, we move around a lot. So I was getting tired of the two hose solution for connection to water and wanted to eliminate the black tank flush hose...

The other modification was adding a water flow meter to determine the water used. This gave me an understanding on how much water we used for the filters as well as the water softener. I also modified the pressure gauge on the system. This has been very useful for letting me know when my filters are getting ready OR need to be changed...
Flanz,

Where did you put the 3 filter unit shown in picture 2? And, where did you buy it? I ask because we have a 2014 44B and installed an RO system which consists of the 3 pre-filters and 2 RO membranes. We are hoping to take delivery of a new 44W in the coming months and want to install an RO system in the new coach. The problem is that the basement configuration has changed and we are trying to find a place to install.

If you have any more pictures that show how the 3 filter unit is set up I would appreciate if you would share.

Thanks and regards,
2016 Ram 1500 Toad
OWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:46 PM   #2404

The filters and the water softener were installed in the 3rd compartment back on the drivers side, next to the Aquahot compartment.

I cut, painted, and mounted some 1/2 inch plywood on the wall and floor and then mounted the filters and water softener to this. All plumbing between the filters and softener were than done and tested. Two pipes, water in and out, were then routed over to the setup and tied in.

The filter housing was purchased on eBay, but I don't recall where I purchased it. I'm sure a search will reveal someone selling a three canister setup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2916.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	275.9 KB
ID:	188456   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2917.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	257.3 KB
ID:	188457  

Old 01-13-2018, 04:45 AM   #2405
OWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanz View Post
The filters and the water softener were installed in the 3rd compartment back on the drivers side, next to the Aquahot compartment.

I cut, painted, and mounted some 1/2 inch plywood on the wall and floor and then mounted the filters and water softener to this. All plumbing between the filters and softener were than done and tested. Two pipes, water in and out, were then routed over to the setup and tied in.

The filter housing was purchased on eBay, but I don't recall where I purchased it. I'm sure a search will reveal someone selling a three canister setup.
Thanks. Is the compartment you used the second pass-through? If so, I was planning to install a 2nd slide out in that bay. We don't use a water softener, but I am wondering if there is enough clearance between the side of the slide out and the wall to mount the 3 unit water filter set up?

Thanks for the additional pictures.

Regards,
2016 Ram 1500 Toad
Old 01-13-2018, 11:10 AM   #2406

I'm installing my filters immediately behind the AquaHot, in front of the battery box. The DI membrane will be over the water tank. Some pictures later, hopefully - today looks like good weather to work.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:19 AM   #2407
OWV

Quote:
I'm installing my filters immediately behind the AquaHot, in front of the battery box. The DI membrane will be over the water tank. Some pictures later, hopefully - today looks like good weather to work.
Great. Looking forward to seeing your pictires and rrading how you made out.
2016 Ram 1500 Toad
Old 01-13-2018, 11:32 AM   #2408

Quote:
Just a little friendly advice and experience. Remember, youíll need to get in and service and change the filters. Make sure you have enough room because pulling and changing filters will/may involve spilling some water. Placing components where making service easy was my first priority. You can run PEX very easily due to the fact that it does bend a little. PEX can be run as home runs so that you have no connections that you canít see for possible leaks.

Next time I do this Iíll mount everything on a sliding tray. This way I wonít have to crawl in to do my service.