Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2019, 01:16 PM   #2605

I could imagine making a countertop out of this:

Or, perhaps, slicing this down the middle, flipping the raw edges inward, and using epoxy to make a river top.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2019, 01:33 PM   #2606

Beautiful stuff!...think I will stick with dimention lumber and keep working on a stain match....
jmorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 04:21 PM   #2607

Just found out my custom programming by Firefly Integrations is completed and they just shipped everything including a new board for the G6 unit of my 2017 Aspire which will allow the MIRA app to run for the coach.... more to come....
Old 11-18-2019, 05:04 PM   #2608

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
I could imagine making a countertop out of this:

Or, perhaps, slicing this down the middle, flipping the raw edges inward, and using epoxy to make a river top.

Wow, that's gorgeous!
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:34 PM   #2609

DeeGee, thanks for helping revive this thread, it’s one of the best. So is your handy work!
Can’t wait to see the new dinette table when it is done.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 12:34 PM   #2610

Light Automation / remote control via Mira App

2017 Aspire 44B

Got the Mira Module from Firefly Integrations for my coach. This will give me the ability to control all lights from Phone or Tablet. Super simple to install. Step 1 - Remove your IP6 Panel in cabinet and pull out. Step 2 - Remove 3 screws holding top card - RED and remove card. Step 3 Install card and replace screws. Step 4 - Place Mira Module in compartment below all wires. Step 5 - Plug in Mira Module cable into card - YELLOW. Step - 6 Re-install IP6 panel into cabinet. Step 7 - Download Vegatouch Mira App and link using Bluetooth and ENJOY access...
Old 12-05-2019, 04:14 PM   #2611

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gb71631 View Post
2017 Aspire 44B

Got the Mira Module from Firefly Integrations for my coach. This will give me the ability to control all lights from Phone or Tablet. Super simple to install. Step 1 - Remove your IP6 Panel in cabinet and pull out. Step 2 - Remove 3 screws holding top card - RED and remove card. Step 3 Install card and replace screws. Step 4 - Place Mira Module in compartment below all wires. Step 5 - Plug in Mira Module cable into card - YELLOW. Step - 6 Re-install IP6 panel into cabinet. Step 7 - Download Vegatouch Mira App and link using Bluetooth and ENJOY access...

Please update us all with pro’s and con’s. I’m interested in doing the same but the $950 price tag has held me off.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:15 PM   #2612

You are able to control all lighting on Aspire. Inside and out via the Mira App. So far I have seen no cons.... It's a huge improvement! All positive. Purchased a tablet to be dedicated to RV and works great! Worked with Nick Ableseth at Firefly tech support and was amazing to work with. Took approximately 1 month to get programming done...
Old 12-05-2019, 05:25 PM   #2613

Entegra Owners Club
Great mod. $950 is a lot less than a Cornerstone to do the same thing.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:30 AM   #2614

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Great mod. $950 is a lot less than a Cornerstone to do the same thing.

That there is funny !! I don't care who you are

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:44 AM   #2615

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Quote:
Originally Posted by gb71631 View Post
2017 Aspire 44B

Is this just for lighting control, or do you get the full functionality of the Vega Touch on the iPad ?

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 07:55 AM   #2616

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
Is this just for lighting control, or do you get the full functionality of the Vega Touch on the iPad ?

If you have an Anthem or Cornerstone, then yes, you will have FULL functionality of the Vegatouch with the appropriate Vegatouch app. However, for the Aspire, adding the Mira Module, will only give you FULL Light control using the Vegatouch Mira app. If you have an Aspire with Vegatouch option, then yes it will give you full control just like the Anthem or Cornerstone.

There are 4 or 5 Vegatouch apps available ranging from .99 to 14.99 with different capabilities in the app store...
Old 12-06-2019, 11:18 AM   #2617

Send a message via AIM to Divingbiker Send a message via Yahoo to Divingbiker
Roxanne, you don't have to put on the red light.......

So, as you can tell by the title of my post, I'm a Sting fans........

As a commercial big boat captain, I'm use to having interior red lights in our pilot house that allows my captains to turn on dim RED interior lights without killing their night vision.

At night when traveling in our coach, I find the white accent lights too bright. These lights are dim-able, but because they are white, they still kill your night vision. (ie when the DW goes in the kitchen at night while we are traveling to fix her driver a snack)

When I decided to modify the accent lights in our Entegra, I was unable to find replacement LED lights to replace the four ceiling accent lights.

I purchased heat resistant red gel material (like the stuff they use on theater lights) and applied this material to the 4 accent lights in the center of the kitchen area. These fixtures are spring mounted into the ceiling and I simply pulled them down and wrapped the existing white fixture face with the red gel. The material bought from amazon was self adhesive but easily removable in case we didn't like the result. When dimmed all the way down, they yield the exact result I was looking for. At night from the drivers seat, I can barely tell if these red lights are on, and yet, she can still see perfectly in the galley. While not perfect, I like the result.

In the interest of full disclosure, we're not crazy about having 4 red circles on our coach ceiling during the day time, which is why I will continue to look for red LED replacements. So if someone knows of a direct replacement for the white LED light, let me know, Ill change out the whole fixture. But until then, we find the benefit out weights the negative look of the red lens......to each his own

The photos posted below are not perfect and were taken in the daytime, but they give you a general idea of the result. The red glow of the light fully dimmed is not as bright as they look in the photo.
Divingbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 04:43 PM   #2618

Might want to check “Outside Our Bubble”, David Bott’s You Tube channel. They added some changeable LED light controller to their existing ceiling. The colors were infinitely variable. Might be the ticket.
Do like red at night, wish we hade some at the entry.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote