Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2016, 04:47 PM   #1

KZ RV Club
Tell the good and bad about Entegra

I have had a Thor Tuscany 40 xte and I am not impressed how they back there product. Is Entegra any better or just as bad. I have been looking at them and taking a factory tour tomorrow any comments would be appreciated .
Thanks
Ken
Kenc1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2016, 05:06 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Ken,
I don't believe there have been any deliveries of Entegras build after the Thor purchase yet. I believe they are finishing coaches when they were Entegra owned. I was at the factory the month of July and I can say first hand, the factory service has not changed since the purchase was announced.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:08 PM   #3

Ken

There are a bunch of threads on here about customer satisfaction with Entegra. If you will use the search box up at the top beside your Avatar and has a choice of Google or iRV2 and use the iRV2 default, you will find them. Read all of them. If you dont want to do that, simply read through the threads from current to older that appear here on iRV2, and you will quickly become aware of the pluses and minuses. There is no way to summarize all the material on this forum in a sentence or two. You need to read and read some more. All the answers are on here already.

Now, all of us have gone through the same process, and everyone on here decided to make a very large financial investment (not in the normal sense of "investment") and all of us decided to invest a bunch of money into a new or used Entegra coach, so most of us weighed the pluses and minuses and bought an Entegra. You need to do your own homework to be comfortable with the decision. Its a big expenditure.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:19 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Having just spent three weeks in Middlebury, I saw no indication of any changes other than the continuing improvement in product quality and the continued customer service second to none that I have seen through two coaches and four years with Entegra...but then, if you are concerned, you can always spend your money on Tiffin, Newmar, or Winnebago if you believe that Thor will have a negative impact on Entegra.

There are coaches finishing paint and traveling to new owners now that began their build after the purchase. Tadd Jenkins, president of Entegra and Jayco Motorized Ops and Joyce, Director of Customer Service, says no changes since the purchase. When i looked them in the eye and they said these things, I so no reason to not believe them, given my past experience interacting with both of them. And I saw no interruption of quality on the line.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:00 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I will say this, motorhomes are not a investment. The people who buy class a's are pretty smart. They normally have researched their purchase to death. Only you can determine your price point to quality. Fore the most part everyone here is very happy with their selection. However, this form is mostly dedicated to sharing information and yes bitching in most part about vendor equipment onboard. Also, you will notice a reoccurring theme praise there is for customer service. I wish you luck in your research

As far as this forum goes I wii say this: "A happy sailor is a bitching sailor." We are really just spreading knowledge of experience to other Entegra owners / our support group

Safe travels

Herb & Tanya
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:01 PM   #6

We bought a new Tiffin in late 2011.

Next, we bought a new Aspire this August.

While we haven't used our Aspire very much so far, we've been extremely critical and aggressive in evaluating and correcting any observed faults.

Without fail, Entegra has been responsive and behaving exactly as they should given our relationship as a new customer of a high end toy.

The only things I would offer as a caution would be these:

-Get a good PDI from the selling dealer. Our PDI was a joke, with me explaining systems to the tech. We were so pressed for time I felt he was wasting my time.

-Any parts shipped from Middlebury come very slowly. There have been numerous occasions where I speak with one of the fantastic techs at the factory, figure out the issue, agree on the component to be shipped, then literally forget about it until weeks later a box arrives. Joyce if you're reading this, there is room for improvement, especially when I choose to do the work and save you shop rate.

This isn't a negative, more an observation.

-The quality. It's simple really, but I was really "spun up" about quality after our Tiffin. This based upon a number of issues I had to correct. Entegra simply oozes with an attention to the finest detail in the most granular way imaginable. For example, Entegra uses hinges to swing the cargo bay doors. What Entegra does differently, is they install small rubber thread protectors on the back of the fasteners so an owner doesn't injure themselves while accessing the storage bay. In fact, sometimes locating a given component is difficult because Entegra hid it behind a carpeted cosmetic fascia. Wiring and plumbing is top notch.

While it was a big purchase, we feel confident we bought the right coach for us.

I hope this helps,

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:19 PM   #7

I would have to disagree and state that a motor coach is an investment; an investment in a life style for peace of mind and being able to go where we want, when we want, and stay as long as we want. Not an investment for capital gain but definitely a gain of our personal freedom to travel this great country.

Sent from my iPhone 70NAM
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:06 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra quality

This is unconfirmed but we were also recently in Middlebury for our PDI and were told in conversation with an employee that the Bontragers turned down a better offer for the company from Forest River because they would not ensure that the Entegra division would not be unfavorably altered. Hopefully, Thor understands not to try to 'fix' what's not broken. Improvements are always welcome. As with all RV's we have had some issues, but overall, we are very happy with the Entegra quality and service!
Old 10-19-2016, 05:28 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I owned a Travel Supreme previously which was a fantastic MH with great service. When Entegra purchased TS, Ted Cook, Don Brubaker. Jacob, PJ and several in the shop and on the line went from TS to Entegra.......they are still there. Now we have Joyce from Jayco that crossed the parking lot to take command of Entegra Service dept. It is the people that make the company, and for that reason, we had no problem purchasing the new Travel Supreme as we followed the service personal.

Speaking of service. We were schedule for a 5 day PDI on July 5th. We did not leave until the end of July, and almost everything was fixed. I don't know of many companies that will let you stay that long until it's fixed. This is after the Thor ownership.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:01 AM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We've just returned from Middlebury and a week at Spartan and I think Entegra's are the best on the road. Now that's not to say you are free of issues, there is still room for improvement, but Joyce will do everything in her power to make you happy. She has always reaffirmed my trust in the product. You will get limited support from the dealers, just make a list and plan on taking it to the factory for all the little things that need to be done. Then just before your 2 year warranty is up, take it back for them to do a Pre Delivery Inspection and they will find more stuff to fix. While at the factory, be sure to attend PJ's owners class, he will go through the most common issues they get calls about, and a detailed tour of the factory (no one could stump him on a question, or at least his BS sounded good........).
Old 10-19-2016, 06:10 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
We have had a Forest River, Fleetwood and now for the last 2 years, an Entegra. There is no comparison- if you can afford an Entegra, you will be a happy camper for years to come -- my opinion, and my experience!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:21 AM   #12

KZ RV Club
Thanks everybody for your reply it is great help and comfort to hear from experienced owners of the product. I am looking forward to the tour and will keep my ear out for some of the people mentioned. Greatly appreciated.
Ken
Kenc1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:38 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

I think the important thing to remember is that Jayco/Entegra was purchased by Thor Industries, not Thor Mo0tor Coach. TI is the parent organization that owns a ton of other companies, including Airstream, KZ, and many others. TI has a hands-off policy with its acquisitions and lets them run independently. TMC is their own RV manufacturing facility. In recent talks with TMC they stated that they do not share anything with Entegra. This means that Thor Motor Coach has no bearing whatsoever with Jayco/Entegra. Tadd and the ret of the team will continue and improve without any connection to TMC.

The previous poster is correct about turning down offers by Forest River and others. Thor Industries was the one offer that allowed Jayco to continue along their current path.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:32 AM   #14

A Thor Tuscany is not even in the same class as a Entegra. Period. I bought a brand new 13 Tuscany and dumped it in less than 6 months and ended up with a anthem.. I couldn't be happier.. even if Entegra customer service was bad which it is not , I would still own the Entegra all day long... make the switch. You will own the best coach available especially for the price.. jmho
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra