Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2017, 02:40 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Temperature readings and floor heat.

We are proud new owners of a 2017 Anthem 44B and even though we have not taken it out on a long road trip yet, we have gone on a couple of weekend trips to "play" with it and learn about the systems. No big problems have popped up and everything seems to be working as they should except....

1) The vega touch screen showing really out of wack temps so either the a/c won't come on because the system thinks it -35 degrees or this weekend the heat keeps coming on because it thinks it -35 degrees. Entegra CS contacted and so far no fix. Not sure if its the thermostat sensor or the Vegatouch.

2) Because of the cold weather this weekend in NE florida we turned on the floor heat for the first time and it appears to be working properly with the floor warming up nicely however so is the kitchen cabinet drawers and counter by the pantry. Has anyone else noticed this happening? Turned off the floor heat and everything cooled down.

Hoping this is just me being paranoid due to being a "newbie" because its going to get into the 30's overnight and those warm floors were nice this morning.

Thank you in advance.
Kjpkjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2017, 03:29 PM   #2

Keith, congrats on the new baby.

Regarding the Vegatouch and the thermostats, my suggestion would be to turn off the shore power, turn off the 12V power and let it sit for a couple of minutes, then fire everything back up.

Regarding the cabinet and counter warming with floor heat, I'm not familiar with your circulation patterns, but I believe on ours the AH lines run through this area, which will have that effect. Sounds pretty normal to me.

Have fun and welcome to the family.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjpkjp View Post
We are proud new owners of a 2017 Anthem 44B and even though we have not taken it out on a long road trip yet, we have gone on a couple of weekend trips to "play" with it and learn about the systems. No big problems have popped up and everything seems to be working as they should except....

1) The vega touch screen showing really out of wack temps so either the a/c won't come on because the system thinks it -35 degrees or this weekend the heat keeps coming on because it thinks it -35 degrees. Entegra CS contacted and so far no fix. Not sure if its the thermostat sensor or the Vegatouch.

2) Because of the cold weather this weekend in NE florida we turned on the floor heat for the first time and it appears to be working properly with the floor warming up nicely however so is the kitchen cabinet drawers and counter by the pantry. Has anyone else noticed this happening? Turned off the floor heat and everything cooled down.

Hoping this is just me being paranoid due to being a "newbie" because its going to get into the 30's overnight and those warm floors were nice this morning.

Thank you in advance.
The hydronic heat is routed throughout the floor, including under the cabinets. They will heat up and hold the heat like a heat sink. It's not unusual for this to happen
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:27 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
The floor heat lines are run under the cabinets as it prevents the pipes for those sinks from freezing. Won't have much of an affect in FL, but I am sure Vance spending the winter in Idaho appreciated it.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:37 PM   #5

The counter by the pantry and the drawers in my 44B have always gotten a little warm with the AH running, I have never worried about it and it has not caused a problem. I have taken to getting a couple of coffee cups out the night before and placing them on the counter in the spot. Nothing like hot coffee in a pre-warmed cup on a cold morning.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:44 PM   #6

A wild shot in the dark..... the digital control systems I have worked within the past typically show a low limit number (like -35) when the sensor is shorted. usually those sensors are thermistors and the risistance is virtually zero when the temp is very low. So, if the sensor lead is shorted it will look like -35 when scaled for the digital control. Check the sensors and see if the wires were twisted (and shorted) when the sensors were installed. Not sure what the '17 sensors are like or located compared to our antique '13, though. JMHO
Old 01-30-2017, 01:05 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Yes, normal. We attended a "class" when we took our new Aspire "home" to Middlebury. Enlightening... The sensors are in weird locations. Try setting your controls on heat, gas... And make sure to keep poking the mode until all the fan highs and lows go away. This means only the gas heating system is on with no circulation help from ceiling. Set zone two on 74-78' and try 50s and 60s for zones 1 and three. We kept adjusting them lower in 3, maybe 64 in one...depending on how cold it was. Give the rig a couple days to really let the heat spread through the floor. Oh, and set the basement heat on 45 or 50... Or, if you set it even warmer, it will preheat your water a bit :-) The bathroom will get no heat this way, unless you crack the vent open a little by hand to create circulation. Or, you could go ahead and change the mode to auto low in one zone (one if you want it quieter in 3 at night, or 3 during the time you are occupying 1). Hope this makes sense...
AbuelaLoca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 04:44 AM   #8

I have a question. Zone 2 is floor heat throughout the coach, including the bathroom correct?
Old 01-30-2017, 05:31 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
I have a question. Zone 2 is floor heat throughout the coach, including the bathroom correct?
Yes, the floor loop is a continuous back and forth loop of red pek pipe running from the front all the way back to the step up for the engine compartment. The floor loop is run the same in all floor plans no matter which bathroom plan a coach may have.

The floor loop keeps everything warm including under cabinets, under the bed and where you sit.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:59 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Yes, the floor loop is a continuous back and forth loop of red pek pipe running from the front all the way back to the step up for the engine compartment. The floor loop is run the same in all floor plans no matter which bathroom plan a coach may have.

The floor loop keeps everything warm including under cabinets, under the bed and where you sit.
Up yo or into the rear bathroom?
Old 01-30-2017, 06:35 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Up yo or into the rear bathroom?
On my floor plan that is the step up for the engine compartment so my full bath floor is not heat, but my 1/2 bath is. Is your rear bathroom in the step up?
Old 01-30-2017, 07:15 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Heating is different in 2017 Anthems and Cornerstones with Vega Touch. Instead of zones the heating/cooling has seperate setting for front, mid, and bedroom. Basement heat is a separate setting on the panel. Floor heat has also has its own setting, 1 thru 5 with one being the least warm, 5 the warmest.
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:17 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
We were having a similar issue only our temps were showing way too high. Follow Matts suggestion and reboot the 12 volts by turning off the switch right of the drivers seat or by the door. This will reset the Vegatouch and, at least on ours, fixed the issue.

I would also give Firefly a call to check the current version of your Vegatouch software. Depending on when you took delivery you may not have the latest and greatest version and may need to update the both hardware and software.

Since we have done that upgrade, knocking on wood here, the functionality of the Vega system is absolutely spectacular. Firefly's number is 574-825-4600.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:40 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
On my floor plan that is the step up for the engine compartment so my full bath floor is not heat, but my 1/2 bath is. Is your rear bathroom in the step up?
Ahh, thanks

Tags
heat