Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2017, 06:00 PM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
Thank you all SO much!

I want to thank each and every one of the Entegra owners that have offered suggestions, advice, and so much help with our pursuit of the perfect for us, coach!

We have been put in touch with the perfect salesperson for us.

We have decided on the floorplan

We have decided on the model

Now we have to decide if we order or if we wait for a used one that fits our criteria!

We can't wait to FINALLY get our Entegra!!!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2017, 06:04 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
So much fun! Congrats on your progress
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:30 PM   #3

You chose well.... you won’t be disappointed.... have fun out there..
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:43 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
So what did you decide? Model? Floor plan? Year?
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:50 PM   #5

Angie and Randy, I hope we meet around a campfire some day

Happy trails
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:06 PM   #6

[emoji41][emoji106][emoji322] you have to love it when a good plan comes together!
Old 10-22-2017, 09:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
X2

Cool, congrats.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:11 AM   #8

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
The floor plan we chose is the 42DEQ or the 44/45B, with the L sofa and freestanding table. After much discussion and the information that we were given, we think that will fit us and our Danes the best.

As for the model, for me it's between the Anthem and the Cornerstone

Since we've never had anything like this before (we are going from the outhouse (tent camping) to the penthouse (class a diesel) ) We are unsure of what it will be like to drive something this big. We have been assured that there is really no difference between 42' and 45' in how that feels but the only way for us to figure that out is to drive them both and that requires a road trip!

Angie
Old 10-23-2017, 06:31 AM   #9

The DEQ is a popular floor plan. You shouldn’t have any trouble finding either and Anthem or a CS, new or used.

Personally, I’d strongly suggest buying a 1 year old Cornerstone. You will get a little remaining factory warranty, let someone else take the initial depreciation hit, and let someone else figure out all the problems inherent to a new coach.

Yes, new coaches have issues.

We’ve bought 2 new Class As, and the story is pretty consistent regardless of manufacturers. When buying a new hand built vehicle there are almost always going to be some issues. Fortunately Entegra offers a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty so you have ample time to resolve any problems. This isn’t a Honda built by machines.

I can remember when we shopped for our first coach and we had a discussion about how buying new would likely result in a better coach with fewer issues. How very naive we were.

Contrast that against the same conversation 5 years later when discussing buying another new Class A, and the tenor was completely the opposite. This time around, we knew that buying new would result in a ton of effort to get it sorted, and went ahead in spite of that. We weren’t wrong.

Save the money, save the headaches and buy lightly used. This way, you can afford to step up to the Cornerstone which is an amazing vehicle.

I don’t think you can go wrong with either coach, and the Anthem is one heck of a coach. The step from the Anthem to the Cornerstone is a really big one and suffice it to say you’ll be at the top of the heap, especially in the mountains.

-Matt
Old 10-23-2017, 07:07 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I will offer a differing opinion than Matt. Maybe I have been lucky, but the three Class As I bought new have had few problems, at least so far with my Aspire. Even my low end Palazzo had almost no problems.

The problem with "lightly used" is you don't know if it has really been lightly used. Did the original owners know what they were doing and operate it as it should, or did they tear it up by doing things like wearing out the brakes instead of using the engine brake? Did they do the required maintenance? Did they sell/trade because they had so many problems they could not stand it any more or did they have more $$$ than they knew what to do with it and traded up for the same make? Trading a Cornerstone for a Newmar would be a danger sign to me.

The two year warranty is a great feature for Entegra and I would rather have the full two years.

As for the 42DEQ vs. the 44B, well I am biased. I would like to have a Cornerstone but when I walked into a 44B it surprised me it seemed a bit cramped compared to my 42DEQ. Then I realized that the big half bath takes up a lot of room. If you really need a half bath the 44W seems a more open feeling.

Enjoy the hunt. As you know, pictures don't tell the whole story. Don't just walk in, spend time and go through the motions of what it would be like to live in it. For example, cooking; where do you put the food and where do you put the pots and pans.

Inquiring minds want to know, so let us know!
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:58 PM   #11

Mid Atlantic Campers
A new Aspire, that we can do.

We both agree that a nu-used Anthem is the way to go as long as it still has some Entegra warranty left. Even if it's just a several months and our first trip has to be to take it in for its big check up.

A nu-used Cornerstone would be wonderful, but that pushes our budget to its max and we are sure we do not want to do that.

Me, well I'm holding out for that Anthem because I know it has the features I want without question. I really don't want to wait till the Hershey show comes around again, I feel like I've been waiting forever.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:10 PM   #12

I’m glad Jerry chimed in, because I suspect he represents the vast majority of buyers. Think of us here online as the very vocal minority. Few take time to post if things are going well.

Angie, what features does the Anthem offer that you can’t get in the Aspire?

The reason I ask is that to me the main differences are fairly minor.

Both have IFS, both have 150G fuel, both share the same chassis architecture, etc.

Differences do exist, but man they are getting hard to justify.

-Matt
Old 10-24-2017, 07:18 AM   #13

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I’m glad Jerry chimed in, because I suspect he represents the vast majority of buyers. Think of us here online as the very vocal minority. Few take time to post if things are going well.

Angie, what features does the Anthem offer that you can’t get in the Aspire?

The reason I ask is that to me the main differences are fairly minor.

Both have IFS, both have 150G fuel, both share the same chassis architecture, etc.

Differences do exist, but man they are getting hard to justify.

-Matt
Hi Matt,

We are working on finding that out exactly, to be honest.

The number one issue right now is finding out if there is space for an exterior freezer on a slide. Our dogs are raw fed and we need a place for their food. We have the same refrigerator in our s&b and know that their food does not leave space for ours. in the bottom freezer. No one has been able to confirm for us if there is a place we could install a freezer and slide. (Needs the slide because once it's full of the meat it's heavy!)

I like the blind spot monitoring system as I'm a newbie and driving something this big will be a first for us. For me personally, any additional safety features are very appealing.

DH wants extra batteries and this is something that we've asked about and are still waiting on a clear answer.

I like the shower surround in the Anthem better, not a deal breaker.

It just seems to me after adding the big slide, the extra awnings, the extra batteries, the slide-freezer combo, probably the dishwasher (because apparently, people want them if you ever sell your coach), that we are closing in on the price of the Anthem.

Angie
Old 10-24-2017, 07:53 AM   #14

Angie, one other thing you may want to look into. I believe that Maryland requires you to have a special license or endorsement to drive an RV that is over 26,000 pounds. I have that special license here in NY and so does my wife.

Tags
anthem, buying, dogs, entegra