Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2015, 10:58 AM   #15

Not knocking Winnibago...ok maybe a little. .our 2nd motorhome was a Meridian. ..was pretty inside and out! Then everything started falling apart. .cheap but pretty. As we started our search many moons ago for the right MH, we did a lot of research and reading and always came back to Entegra and Newmar. We ended up with an Entegra Cornerstone 16, never drove one or actually seeing one up close. Many people thought we were crazy for ordering our Entegra sight unseen, but having it now for 2 months it's everything we wanted. .we pinch ourselves every day. In the end it's your decision.
charinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2015, 06:00 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
By this time, you can figure out what you want.

Go get it! There are no coaches out there that "somebody" will not berate. Just do not expect perfection & go enjoy it.

I think they are all junk-but nothing else I know of produces such freedom & Pleasure.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deny View Post
By this time, you can figure out what you want.

Go get it! There are no coaches out there that "somebody" will not berate. Just do not expect perfection & go enjoy it.

I think they are all junk-but nothing else I know of produces such freedom & Pleasure.
They all could be better(but then we could spend more $$l our past winnebagos had a lot of partical board( in tne cabinets especially). Our tiffin had better cabinets but other aspects were lacking(fit finish , noises and air leaks to mention afew). On the current Entegra the weak points seem to be much less, cabinets are all wood, doors, drawers etc much better fit finish. We have virtually no noises while driving(slight wind noise drivers window but my GMC Denali has more wind noise) if being picky Entegra(at least on the 2015) could have neater wiring(less exess more labeling) imho winnebago exelles at wiring. Not sure you can fi d all In one unit(before someone says newmar remember they use osb instead of marine plywood)
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 07:46 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
To the OP....obviously, the sales man was not a very good salesman and did not know how to sell. He should be selling up on his and not degrading the competition.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 08:05 PM   #19

The CRAP we heard from a Winnebago salesman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
To the OP....obviously, the sales man was not a very good salesman and did not know how to sell. He should be selling up on his and not degrading the competition.

Ken

I agree Ken.
Folks should think twice about viewing a Winnie that is half the money of the previously viewed product, and should dismiss the comments of sales folk that obviously lack good product knowledge.
[ moderator edit ]
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:32 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I agree Ken.
Folks should think twice about viewing a Winnie that is half the money of the previously viewed product, and should dismiss the comments of sales folk that obviously lack good product knowledge.
[ moderator edit ]
Half the price?? The Grand Tour model we looked at had a MSRP of $460,000!
Old 10-14-2015, 10:29 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Wow! What a beatdown on Winnebago. Perhaps a beatdown on the salesman would have been more correct?

Our 2008 Tour had wood cabinets and they were great. Too many people think the higher the gloss, the better the quality...

Our 2012 Tour (bought new from Lazydays,), and since then we have replaced the water pump. Period!!

It should be noted the 08 was traded at DW's urging. Yes, there is truth in the "Happy wife = Happy life theory). It was a great coach.

Entegra, and I'm sure they make an excellent coach, have produced about 2,000 motorhomes. Now look at the number of threads about failures involving Entegra.
Disregarding the "I love my coach" threads (about 30%), "absolute failure to read the manual" (about 20%) "miscellaneous" (about 15%) what is left are "things that went bad". The one about holding up the shades with clothes pins was humorous beyond belief. And there many, many others.

Something about pointing out a splinter in the other man's eye when you have a log stuck in yours. I read that somewhere.
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:16 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When I was in the market for a new RV a few months ago, I went to a local Tiffin dealer. I told the sales manager that I was looking for a 40ft. RV and narrowed down my choices to Tiffin, Entegra, and Newmar. I told him that I liked the Dutch Star since it had a tag axle on a 40ft rig. He said, "the reason that Newmar puts a tag axle on their 40ft RVs is due to the fact that the chassis can't handle the weight like the Tiffins." I knew he was blowing smoke out his arse and decided it wasn't the dealership that I wanted to give my business to.
Zoey and Shelby (Pembroke Welsh Corgis)
tomakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:57 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by two-niner View Post

Something about pointing out a splinter in the other man's eye when you have a log stuck in yours. I read that somewhere.
I'm learning as I hang out in RV Forums more and listen to sales people just how strong people's opinions can be and how opinions about a Brand are sometimes taken so personally.

Jaime, the Entegra manager who took us out for a test drive told us that 15 minutes before we showed up, a guy started yelling to everyone at the Entegra display how overrated Entegra's were. I guess he created quite a scene for himself and wouldn't leave.

And the Winnebago salesman. He had such an Ax to grind that I wondered if he had been fired from Entegra. He was just plain unprofessional. It was a big turn off.

Here's another selection from the Bible that fits some forum behavior "....an eye for an eye, tooth for tooth...."!
Old 10-14-2015, 03:15 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Ran into a WBGO salesman who dissed another WBGO dealer. Some folks have no class, probably does not matter whether they are a salesman or not.

Call it greed or aggression - does not matter.

Lesson learned from this. No matter what do not buy from that person. If they will tell you that kind of crap they will not sell their product correctly either.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:04 PM   #25

I really don't have a beef with the Winni because I've know people who loved them and others....not so much. I guess I was turned off by them because I walked through one in St Louis that had the sound of metal bowing or flexing in one spot. I asked the dealer about it and he said that it could be fixed but....it just seemed thrown together.

NO RV IS PERFECT and they all require constant maintenance but Entegra seems to have their act together on the service side. At least when I call them, I actually get someone that seems to care as much as I do.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 06:27 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Really don't have an axe to grind with any other coaches...I had certain things I was looking for, and I looked at them all. And I read all the forums. I had doors come off in my hands and saw bay doors falling off on display coaches. I received very good information from salesmen...but I walked the moment a salesman started dissing other coaches...respectful differentiation that made sense was one thing, but bad mouthing just turned me off.

I hope everyone in the buy for a new coach does a detailed run through all the brands that have a floor plan that meets their needs...then if your choice falls short of what you were looking for, you have only yourself to blame. As to counts of types of treads in these brand forums...well many don't post unless they have a question or problem they have...so not sure stats of that nature have much relevance. JMHO, having known nothing about this stuff three years ago when we started our journey.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 05:04 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
The truth is, it is unusual to find a legitimate dealership & salesman representing most any kind of vehicle.

Maybe, we could help others by declaring the really good dealerships-then sales folks.

I only know of one-Lichtsinn in Forest City, Iowa.

Do you know of One?
Old 10-15-2015, 09:25 AM   #28

Yep, I know one, National Indoor RV Centers in Atlanta and Lewisville, Tx. They are great forsakes, service and storage. Brett and Angie are tops.

2016 Cornerstone 45B
Formerly 2011 & 2013 Anthems and 2015 Cornerstone
2014 Lincoln MKT towed

Tags
sale, winnebago