Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2017, 06:27 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
The "Enigma" machine, and other strangeness in the grey tank...

Grey tank level sesnor just went whacky, works fine when draining down to the 7% level, then indicator will jump back to 50%... even though tank is obviously empty. Once the tank evel gets back to about 25% again, it starts to function correctly.Iit's an 'enigma' to me what's gping on here. I guess it could be a) bad sensor, or b) gunk on sensor pad area? any ideas where to start?
2014 Jeep GC diesel - 2024 Renegade Verona 36VSB
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2017, 07:24 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I would be interested in the answer as well. It is my black tank that has this behavior, however. When I dump the black tank it shows 0, then when I flush the toilet it jumps up to say 75%. Couple of more flushes it gradually starts going down. I also assume that it is something to do with the sensors. I typically do a back flush to clean the tank, but this does not make any difference. I will probably give Sealevel tech services a call as I have had Entegra look at this twice, but it is an intermittent issue.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:22 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I had erratic readings like that. Replacing the inside monitor solved the problem. The green switch light was also out and why I replace the panel. When the monitor panels was replaced the problem stopped.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:27 AM   #4

Spartan Chassis
I had exactly the same issue after a year of working flawlessly. I did a couple of Happy Camper treatments and it started working "normally" again. Seems to indicate the sensor was temporarily gunked up.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:45 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
For many Happy Camper is our best friend.
Jerry0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:40 PM   #6

Same problem with my grey tank a few months ago. Dropped in two detergent pods with about a half tank of water. Drove to next site, maybe 250 miles, then dumped. Haven't had a problem since......
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:36 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I have a slightly different situation. Sometimes I get gray tank level on the black button, and vice versa. It jumps back and forth. I just have to push the button a few times to figure it out. Gray is usually open, so at least I know one of the tank readings. Of I was boondocking, it would be a bigger concern.
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:16 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I'm thinking gunk (hoping)...will try a bit of "scrubber" in tank for a few hundred miles to see if that does the trick. I had an old timer tell me he always tossed a 1/4 bottle of liquid plumber in his black tank and filled with 25% water once a week between campgrounds and never had a level sensor issue in 17 years!!
But then again......
2014 Jeep GC diesel - 2024 Renegade Verona 36VSB
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:37 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I also had inconsistent readings in grey tank since new. Found the sensor on side of tank had come loose. Evidently not installed correctly. I talked to Seelevel and they told me to just use clear silicone to stick it back on side of tank. It's been working great ever since.

Tags
grey tank, tank