Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2013, 07:58 AM   #1

The new didn't last long

Day one of our maiden voyage and 400 miles under my belt feeling more confident than I should, and then Ouch! While pulling into the resort and watching for everything except the power pedestal it happened. You know that long four door long scrape down the side.
Anyone know the paint manufacturer that entegra uses or where I can get paint codes.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2013, 08:06 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahall View Post
Day one of our maiden voyage and 400 miles under my belt feeling more confident than I should, and then Ouch! While pulling into the resort and watching for everything except the power pedestal it happened. You know that long four door long scrape down the side.
Anyone know the paint manufacturer that entegra uses or where I can get paint codes.
Can't help with the paint codes but I am familiar with the scenario ... except mine involved a new cargo hatch. Sorry to hear of your mishap !!

BTW, I have found that about 2 1/2 - 3 hours (total including breaks) is now my max before I get stupider than usual ...

Old 03-31-2013, 08:26 AM   #3

Our RV is on order, so I'll defer to others as to what they actually have in the coach. But on Friday I toured Precision Paint in Bremen, IN, and was told that the Sikkens paint codes along with small bottles of touch up paint are provided with each coach at delivery. It unfortunately sounds like you will need more than the touch up bottles, though. If you can't locate those for the codes I suggest calling Joyce who should be able to help and maybe even recommend a shop that she has experience with. In case you need it, here is Precision Paint's phone number - 866-909-4473. Not sure where you are located, but I believe Precision does repair work, too.
Tim McK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:36 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Our coach came with a small container of each of the four colors, at least I think DW said it did. I would think you can get them easily through customer service at Entegra, although they may have to ship them to a service provider as supposedly they don't sell. Call Joyce.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Sorry to hear of your mishap. Can't you call Entegra direct to get their paint codes for your coach?
Old 03-31-2013, 08:38 AM   #6

Quote:

Sorry to hear about your mishap. It has happened to all of us at one point or another. Whether it is an rethread in the middle of the road ripping off the Entegra sign or opening a cargo door and watching it hit a post or utility pole! My theory is get the newness out of the way up front. At least you get your first ding out of the way. Once repaired you will have smooth sailing forever.

Paint codes can be (should be) found in your bathroom cabinet where you have all the electrical. Precision paint puts the paint codes on stickers in that cabinet specific to your unit.

If can't be found contact
Sue King
Designer
Precision Painting, Inc.
P.O. Box 214
Bremen, IN 46506
574-546-4473

have your unit ser # ready and she can get them for you.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:17 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Scrape

Sorry Brother, been there done that.

I foolishly took a new motorhome into a dark State park and "blessed" the back storage door the first 4 hrs I drove it.
2016 Ford Edge toad
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:34 PM   #8

My Mountain Aire had came with touch up paint also had the paint code listed in one of the kitchen cabinets (Sherwin Williams Paint) Jim
Old 03-31-2013, 08:17 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty56 View Post

Sorry to hear about your mishap. It has happened to all of us at one point or another. Whether it is an rethread in the middle of the road ripping off the Entegra sign or opening a cargo door and watching it hit a post or utility pole! My theory is get the newness out of the way up front. At least you get your first ding out of the way. Once repaired you will have smooth sailing forever.

Paint codes can be (should be) found in your bathroom cabinet where you have all the electrical. Precision paint puts the paint codes on stickers in that cabinet specific to your unit.

If can't be found contact
Sue King
Designer
Precision Painting, Inc.
P.O. Box 214
Bremen, IN 46506
574-546-4473

have your unit ser # ready and she can get them for you.
The codes for our paint scheme are also in the bathroom cabinet. Sorry to hear about the mishap but I'm pretty sure that it happens to ALL of us at some point.

2013 Entegra Cornerstone 45K
2012 Cadillac SRX and 2014 H-D FLHTK
P&GD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:39 PM   #10

"AHALL", Welcome to MY 400 club. I guess it is MY club since my incident happened before yours but right around the same amount of miles. My incident was returning home from Albany RV, (RV ONE) to Philadelphia area the day of my Anthem pick-up. (I will NOT say anything additional about THAT dealer at this time.) Anyway, same as you, driving home just fine and I was all highway/interstate until 1 mile from home and made my first turn that was not on the highway. Scraped a pole turning into WAWA to fill-up diesel tank before dropping it at home on it's new 75 foot concrete pad. All the direct and straight interstate driving in addition to it handling like driving on air, I forgot how long it was when I made that first turn after 4 hours on the road. It is so true what Lisa and Mike said (as well as my wife,) it is best to get that issue done and over with, as well that you did it versus somebody else hitting you. It is a tough learning lesson. But it is very effective. So, to repair, Dan Miller is the owner of Precision Painting in Bremen, IN. Since I wanted a stacker trailer with my ebony blaze paint to match my coach, I insisted on a tour of the paint factory last year. My area sales manager, Chuck Lasley, said he never had this request before, but he would take us there. Dan's right hand man is Jeremy Vermillion who is the plant manager at same location. Dan is not at the shop alot of time. Sue is one who will answer the phone, leave messages/get back to you. In addition to matching the paint codes on your coach plates, which is what you want to do/or tell them the color name of your coach to do the same, a very important fact is to ensure that you use the Sikkens paint which is very expensive and in certain areas of the U.S. a little more difficult to locate. Having it shipped to you is not the best either. HAZMAT material! Another important thing to having this repair done the best way possible is to locate a newer bus/truck paint booth with a good updraft system. Also, if you talk to Dan or Jeremy, they can tell you how many coats of clear are on your model. Aspire, Anthem, and Cornerstone all have different amounts of clear. That repair shop has to work that fiberglass perfect before spraying. Lastly, even with the most modern booth, your aluminum wheels have to be covered at all times during any part of the painting process. My tag wheel I still have to deal with from clear over spray on it. I guess that cover came off at the end. Dan's cell number is 574-209-4472. Jeremy cell is 574-209-4478. Keep us posted on how you make out. Ron.
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:29 AM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Experience professional (Tech College grads) painters have the resources, experience and tools to get the color, match faded colors,layer and blend colors on RVs. Find an RV collision repair facility and check out their quality of painting and warrantee of work first. Then look into getting quality side and rear cameras to prevent future mishaps.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Appreciate the comment about cameras; however, there is one true must...the day you don't think you need a spotter and good communication, is the day you get your first ding. The day you get your second ding is the day you forgot the lesson you learned the first day!
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
I guess one big question that comes to mind when I read all these sad stories is how are your mirrors set? Properly set you should be able to see virtually everything that is happening along the sides of your coach. When we enter our front gate, there is barely 6" of clearance on each side. If I couldn't see this in my mirror, getting through unscathed would be impossible.

I have the top flat mirror aimed straight back along the side of the coach. It is set so that I can just see the along the edge of the coach with its main purpose being to see traffic coming up from behind besides clearing obstacles higher up on the coach.

The lower convex mirror is set so I can see the lower portions of the coach. In a simple glance, I can see everything from the front wheel all the way to the rear and outward at least one lane of traffic. With this mirror I know exactly where those rear wheels are and what objects might be getting close. When negotiating a really tight curve or turning into a narrow lane, I can even see the front tires turning so I know exactly where they are in the lane.

When we enter and exit our gate, not only is the opening narrow, but as soon as the rear clears the gate, I have to make a hard left turn. From my point of view looking forward, it appears that I'm going to hit the curb across the way and I'm tempted to start my turn early. In actuality, I have several feet of clearance forward. If I didn't have my wife outside spotting me in both the back and front, I would surely turn too soon and crunch the rear corner on the post.

So in my opinion, the trick here is to set your mirrors so you can see what's going on around your coach, go really slow when making turns or operating around a campsite and always use a spotter. If you're at a fuel stop, or anywhere for that matter, if you are unsure, stop and get out and look. Don't worry about other cars giving you a hard time. They'll get over it. Besides they aren't paying your insurance either.

Safe travels this week to all of us. I'm heading out to take on that gate this morning. Wish me luck!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
I've had some bad luck with PP paint service all handle through Entegra. Bad clear coat application on the front after minor repair and bad whole coach buff out to erase their original paint swirls.
I won't use PP again.