Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 554
this is the answer I got from Entegra pertaining to the sensor for #2 zone. implies there may be a problem when it comes to the aquahot system????

from Entegra:
To answer more correctly, the reason we have one near the floor is because it also has to sense the aqua hot in floor heat which runs off of zone 2. There are not two sensors for each zone. If you have your t-stat for zone 1 and 3 set, for example, at 75 degrees, you may want to set zone 2 at 65 degrees so that it will kick on sooner.
__________________

__________________
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #16
Member
 
mfrazier's Avatar


 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 66
Wonder how that works in ours - early 2013 RBQ. The #2 sensor is on the front wall of the washer/dryer closet, facing the kitchen and just above height of the kitchen counter. Not sure I see how that senses the floor heat almost half way up the wall. Maybe that is why I have not really figured out how to get the floor heat to work everywhere.
__________________

__________________
Mike and Cindy
2013 Entegra Anthem RBQ
2009 Escalade 4 down
mfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
RISCKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post
this is the answer I got from Entegra pertaining to the sensor for #2 zone. implies there may be a problem when it comes to the aquahot system????

from Entegra:
To answer more correctly, the reason we have one near the floor is because it also has to sense the aqua hot in floor heat which runs off of zone 2. There are not two sensors for each zone. If you have your t-stat for zone 1 and 3 set, for example, at 75 degrees, you may want to set zone 2 at 65 degrees so that it will kick on sooner.
Maybe I'm reading the response differently...what about the response causes concerned w/the Aquahot. Perspective can be a funny thing.
__________________
RISCKY
2013 Entegra Anthem 44 DLQ
RISCKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by RISCKY View Post
Maybe I'm reading the response differently...what about the response causes concerned w/the Aquahot. Perspective can be a funny thing.
apparently, the #2 thermostat sensor is shared with the aqua hot unit which heats the floor. is why the sensor is on the floor. the #2 heat pump is only to assist #1 and #3.... run it by itself, without #1 and #3, it runs non stop or as long as it takes for #2 to heat or cool down to the sensor on the floor.....a problem whether you are heating or cooling.
__________________
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 554
We are still looking into the sensor issue for our #2 heat pump. Some off you have noted that you moved the number 2 sensor up on the wall. Did you add a sensor or just move the sensor off the floor? If you move the only sensor for #2 up the wall, won't that create a problem for the aqua hot to control temp? Our tech is looking into the problem for us. He/we are thinking we need to add a separate sensor for the heat pump????
__________________
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
MRUSA14's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,519
It seems that you could easily add another sensor, then throw a switch to select the correct sensor for floor heat vs heatpump/AC. It also seems that Entegra should be installing them this way.
__________________
Marc and Jill, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
It seems that you could easily add another sensor, then throw a switch to select the correct sensor for floor heat vs heatpump/AC. It also seems that Entegra should be installing them this way.
my tech's were able to add a separate sensor for the #2 heat pump and keep the sensor for the #2 aqua hot separated. this should be much more efficient for the #2 heat pump to keep temp. they brought the sensor for the heat pump up off the floor where the aqua hot sensor works best, but not a good location for the heat pump sensor. now I'm a happy camper.
__________________
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:57 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
MRUSA14's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,519
We're these dealer techs, factory techs, or independent?
__________________
Marc and Jill, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
We're these dealer techs, factory techs, or independent?
independent.
__________________
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
wmpbauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sun City Center, FL
Posts: 1,762
Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post

my tech's were able to add a separate sensor for the #2 heat pump and keep the sensor for the #2 aqua hot separated. this should be much more efficient for the #2 heat pump to keep temp. they brought the sensor for the heat pump up off the floor where the aqua hot sensor works best, but not a good location for the heat pump sensor. now I'm a happy camper.
May I ask where you had this work done? I want to have 3 heat pumps that work properly. As it comes from Entegra, you have to play games with the center unit thermostat settings.....
__________________
Pat & Medarda Bauer; Tess and Tighe (our fur kids)
2017 Entegra Anthem/FL/Allison/Edge
Entegra Coach Owners Association, President
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
May I ask where you had this work done? I want to have 3 heat pumps that work properly. As it comes from Entegra, you have to play games with the center unit thermostat settings.....
we use Cummins Northwest in Coburg, Oregon. we use them for everything, they are a full service RV and truck center. they have lots of experience working on upper end motorhomes.
__________________
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
wmpbauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sun City Center, FL
Posts: 1,762
Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Spoke with a tech from Entegra today regarding the RVCOMFORT.Z3 thermostat. When using electric heat pump, if there's more than a 5 demand, the thermostat will also turn on the furnace..... Doesn't matter what kind of furnace: propane or Aqua Hot.
__________________
Pat & Medarda Bauer; Tess and Tighe (our fur kids)
2017 Entegra Anthem/FL/Allison/Edge
Entegra Coach Owners Association, President
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:18 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
tnrzryd's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
Spoke with a tech from Entegra today regarding the RVCOMFORT.Z3 thermostat. When using electric heat pump, if there's more than a 5 demand, the thermostat will also turn on the furnace..... Doesn't matter what kind of furnace: propane or Aqua Hot.
Yep. That's pretty much the way these heat pumps work. So if you don't want your aqua hot to engage, just set your thermostat lower and gradually step it up to where you ultimately want it.
__________________
Tom and Regina
2013 Entegra 44DLQ
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:07 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
Spoke with a tech from Entegra today regarding the RVCOMFORT.Z3 thermostat. When using electric heat pump, if there's more than a 5 demand, the thermostat will also turn on the furnace..... Doesn't matter what kind of furnace: propane or Aqua Hot.
that's great for later model owners....but we bought our 2012 back in the middle of 2011. Entegra was using different systems before moving onto the upgraded and more efficient systems we've seen evolve through this forum; of the '13's and '14's. It has been frustrating to say the least that the dealer out here on the west coast new a whole lot less about the Entegra coaches than we did, I honestly feel the dealer was learning at our expense.. fortunately we had contacts like Don and Joyce and Andy to help us through some of our problems. we have had several reoccurring problems and still have yet to figure out a couple of our systems... so we are hoping, betting that a visit (PDI) to the factory this summer will reduce our frustration levels. Hope that the PDI is worth the thousands of dollars in fuel and park fees we will pay for this special trip to the factory... good luck to us.
__________________

__________________
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
thermostat



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project: Thermostat Upgrade RedneckExpress iRV2.com General Discussion 1 07-14-2012 08:56 AM
Rear Furnace Thermostat wlf00 Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 5 01-20-2012 05:00 PM
A/C Heater Thermostat HR Endeavor Bill2 Monaco Owner's Forum 1 03-10-2011 12:09 PM
Meridian Thermostat mrschwarz Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 3 04-05-2010 10:49 PM
RVP (Winnebago) thermostat interface with Onan EC30 rnabors Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 9 01-23-2007 01:41 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.