Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2014, 06:18 AM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck,

We have relatives in St Petersburg so we are good as far as a place to stay. I do NOT plan on signing any paperwork or writing any checks until we are totally satisfied with the coach. It would be hard to walk away after waiting so long but, it could happen if things go stupid. The coach is suppose to arrive the first week of June. We will not be going to LD until the second week. I have told my salesperson that I am giving them plenty of time to do their thing. If we show up to a long list of problems, I will probably go ballistic. Once again, being newbies, I have told the folks at LD that we will be taking our time in examining the coach before taking possession.

Hopefully, we are just being overly cautious but, after hearing your experience, we going to really examine it closely.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2014, 07:10 AM   #30

Hope it all goes better this time. I'm thinking it gonna be as perfect as it can be.

Somebody there as been reading your post, they're wanting the world to see what they can deliver.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:20 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Ralph, do not stay in a hotel/motel, stay in the coach. LD will let you do this without paying until you are ready to drive it out. This is the only way you will get to see and test everything and know what works and what doesn't. Also, get your salesman to take you on a test drive. You can do this too before you pay. I know because this is how my LD delivery went one year ago.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:25 AM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Ralph, I am glad my experience was a learning experience and I hope it is for many others. Make sure your salesperson stays with you through delivery as your go- between. Mine waited to get his commission check from my MH closing and promptly changed dealerships the next day.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:29 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR John View Post
Hope it all goes better this time. I'm thinking it gonna be as perfect as it can be.

Somebody there as been reading your post, they're wanting the world to see what they can deliver.
I totally agree John. The value of an excellent company and the power of social media. They want this to go away as bad as I do and I think our re-re-delivery is going to be perfect.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:44 AM   #34

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I totally agree John. The value of an excellent company and the power of social media. They want this to go away as bad as I do and I think our re-re-delivery is going to be perfect.
Chuck,

Congratulations ... Hey, I want to be the one that buys your used coach in the future. Because of your less than satisfactory experience with your previous coach, it is very likely that Entegra may have added quality into this one. Starting with that and depending on how you maintain it, it may end up as the best used coach out there ...

cucotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:59 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Ralph, do not stay in a hotel/motel, stay in the coach. LD will let you do this without paying until you are ready to drive it out. This is the only way you will get to see and test everything and know what works and what doesn't. Also, get your salesman to take you on a test drive. You can do this too before you pay. I know because this is how my LD delivery went one year ago.
That kind of surprises me. I was under the impression that you would have to actually own the coach before you moved in. I agree with you that the only way to make sure everything is right is to use the coach. It would be easier for us if we are living on the coach, especially with us taking classes and having toad work done. If the my initial inspection of the coach is fairly positive (although I am not expecting miracles), I would probably stay on the coach. If there are a litany of problems, things could get ugly.

I agree with the test drive. I certainly want to know that the Hadley system is working properly and that the chassis is working correctly.

Certainly beginning to look like an "interesting" experience!
Old 05-03-2014, 08:30 AM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
One of our fellow Entegra owners was at LD whwn I was taking delivery. He had "purchased" another brand coach and had been living in it for a week or more. There were so many problems that he got disgusted and told them he didn'rt want it. He picked an Entegra Anthem off the lot and they swapped him into that and out of the original coach. Their policy was that until you drive it off the lot, you are not committed and they will work with you. I don't know if that has changed.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:52 AM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Marc, not to start any kind of argument, just my personal experiencing. That was NOT the case until I signed the paperwork. Did LD know the issues with my coach and tried to cover it up by making me the owner? I guess we will never know, but we were not allowed to stay in the coach until we signed. What happened to other happy deliveries did not happen with mine.

One thing that is correct is who owns it if you do not drive it off the lot and refuse acceptance? I will let it go at that.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:36 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
In my case and that of the other person I mentioned, there was a trade-in involved, and in your case Chuck, there was not. I don't know if that has any bearing on how they handle things.

They had a buyer litterally waiting in the hotel next door to buy my trade-in, so I moved all my stuff from one coach to the other and began living in the new one before I was ever asked to pay anthing more than my original $2500 deposit. I think it was about a week before I was asked, without any pressure, when did I want to do the paperwork. If I had said, not now, or never, I don't know what would have happened but I do know they wanted me to complete it so they could deliver my trade-in to the new buyer. Aside from the trade-in issue, I never felt any pressure to hurry up and pay. As I said before I know another fellow who never closed on his SOB coach and bought an Anthem instead.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:28 PM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
From what I am reading, I think the best plan is to assume that IF things are not right, to plan on staying off site. I can fully understand the logic of a dealership not wanting to have a customer living in the coach if the deal has not been closed. Since we are newbies with no trade, it would be easier to walk away. Well, not really. There would be tears in our eyes if this happened.

Hopefully, everything will work out and we will be drinking "cold, frosty beverages" with our fellow Entega owners across the country in the near future.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:37 PM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
We will be in Shipshewana that week and hope to meet up with you. We will be at Entegra a couple of times, one for the plant tour breakfast that Joyce does on Tuesday mornings. We haven't seen the new plant yet and looking forward to it. Looking forward to meeting you.
Life is never simple. We'll take the coach to Joyce and work with them at 6:30 to get the punch list going. Then we'll have to dash back to NC for a daughter's graduation from Nursing School (four years and a baby) and then DW is having her gall bladder removed. "PLAN" is to start back on Thursday so we can check things out on Friday. All the next week the coach will be at Precision. Meanwhile, DW's favorite daughter and her two kids live 90 miles south in Greenfield so imagine the pull that has!

Hopefully somewhere in there we can connect.

We plan to be at the tour/breakfast on the 20th unless there is a limit of one since we did that last year....
Old 05-03-2014, 05:42 PM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Heck! Yours is a 2015! I am still waiting for my 2014 More than happy send send a picture, what am I looking for?
Our Anthem 42DEQ will probably be awaiting shipment to the dealer when you pick your up. We may get it by the end of May, however we have a river trip scheduled 1st of June, so may wait till 2nd week in June to take delivery.

I'll send you a PM on our coach order.
Whitewater18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:14 AM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Chuck,
If you or anyone else on here gets to the Entegra plant would you keep you eye out for a 2015 Anthem DEQ being built. Ours should have started production about a week or so ago. If painted it would have the Lapis paint scheme. If so could you shoot some pics of it and let me know so you could send them to me.
Thanks

Roy and Bonnie
2015 Anthem DEQ (on order)
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote