Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2019, 06:39 AM   #43

Entegra Owners Club
It is not the state of Alabama sueing Buckee's ... it is Oasis Travel Plaza who is. They are at the next exit toward Florida. According to the news, there are several gas stations in Baldwin County (where both are) that are actually selling gas cheaper than Buckee's.... so, this lawsuit won't go anywhere. Just Oasis mad that there were so many people at Buckee's and not at Oasis .....
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2019, 07:09 AM   #44
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
It is not the state of Alabama sueing Buckee's ... it is Oasis Travel Plaza who is. They are at the next exit toward Florida. According to the news, there are several gas stations in Baldwin County (where both are) that are actually selling gas cheaper than Buckee's.... so, this lawsuit won't go anywhere. Just Oasis mad that there were so many people at Buckee's and not at Oasis .....
Currently selling cheaper because the station in question has adjusted their pricing, the lawsuit specifically mentions a date range where they were selling, what the lawsuit claims to be, below cost in violation of the law.

I'm not defending either side but it appears no one has actually read the lawsuit or the law.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:35 AM   #45

Just read the filling. Oasis is not wanting Buc-ee to sell fuel for any less they what they are selling it for.

Did the news writer not read the filling before they wrote their article?

I can not see this going anywhere. They are wanting $75,000.00 I think Buc-ee has gotten more then that value in advertising.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:41 AM   #46
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojack View Post
Just read the filling. Oasis is not wanting Buc-ee to sell fuel for any less they what they are selling it for.

Did the news writer not read the filling before they wrote their article?

I can not see this going anywhere. They are wanting $75,000.00 I think Buc-ee has gotten more then that value in advertising.
They are claiming Bucee broke the law for 3 days when they sold gas for 1.799. The lawsuit has nothing to do with their current prices.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
The refining company I work for sells 'unbranded' gasoline and diesel to Buc-ee's thus I have the pleasure of personally knowing the Buc-ee's management team. Their business model is to sell gasoline and diesel just a few pennies above their cost and provide a big, clean, inviting convenience store and great customer service to bring people inside their stores. Buc-ee's earnings come from store sales, not fuel sales. The new Buc-ee's store in Alabama was very likely selling fuel at cost as part of their "grand opening" means to attract customers who may not have known about Buc-ee's. Also, Buc-ee's because of their market size enjoy's volume pricing discounts for fuel they purchase which they pass on to its customers in the form of lower pump prices. Smaller fuel retailers often to not have volume discount pricing. The lower price simply drew customers away from existing businesses that had higher pump prices.

Buc-ee's fuel prices & marketing plan are also very responsive to changes in crude oil price. During the last two weeks of January crude price fell $2/bbl or 4.8 cents/gallon which was likely reflected in Buc-ee's pump price. Other gasoline retailers are slow to drop gasoline prices when crude prices decline to maximize their margins.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:24 AM   #48

People are surprised that there are laws against dumping? Not only that, people who do not know Alabama law and haven't read the filing, are claiming it is without merit? Shocking, I tell you...

Businesses sue each other all the time--in fact, business dispute are 60% of the case load in civil courts. The judge will decide if there is anything actionable.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:50 PM   #49

The state of Alabama is not the one suing, it is a truck stop a couple of exits away.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:30 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
It's explained in the law.

https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-8...ct-8-22-4.html........

It seems complicated which is why we have lawyers and judges.
Me thinks you've got that backwards.
Its complicated BECAUSE we have lawyers......
Old 02-07-2019, 03:34 PM   #51

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
X2 ... agree 100%
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
Old 02-07-2019, 03:55 PM   #52
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
X2 ... agree 100%
Actually it's complicated because our law makers couldn't write a clear law if their life depended on it.

They seem to thrive on writing laws that need to be interpreted by judges which then requires lawyers.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:15 PM   #53

Entegra Owners Club
For those that don't know what a Buc-ee looks like here one.. Thank to Dan & Lynn they gave it to me...
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2019, 06:34 PM   #54

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think this is “fake news”. It is easy to find gas for less than $2.00 per gallon in Alabama (at least for now).
Old 02-07-2019, 07:20 PM   #55
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpcoleman View Post
I think this is “fake news”. It is easy to find gas for less than $2.00 per gallon in Alabama (at least for now).
Nobody said you couldn't. That's not what the lawsuit is about.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:18 PM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
Nobody said you couldn't. That's not what the lawsuit is about.

I read that too quickly. Now I got it.