Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Thoughts on a Aspire 40SKT

We are looking at the Aspire 40SKT model and would like some feedback from owners of the same.
We are first time MH buyers so questions might be odd:
The coach heat is diesel generated hot water and heat pumps. How much fuel do you use to keep the water hot enough (125*)?
How loud is the heat system?
Is the personal hot water seperate from the coach heating hot water?
How quiet are the heat pumps / AC units?
How much kitchen counter space is there? (a pic of one be used would be good)
When the DS couch is used as a bed, can somebody from the back get to the front by walking around the bed? It looks to be inline with the entertainment center wall.

Thanks in advance.

JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not an owner of an Aspire but I've done a complete review and road test of one at the factory for RV Magazine so I am somewhat familiar with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
We are looking at the Aspire 40SKT model and would like some feedback from owners of the same.
We are first time MH buyers so questions might be odd:
The coach heat is diesel generated hot water and heat pumps. How much fuel do you use to keep the water hot enough (125*)?

The Aspire uses the AquaHot 375LP system, which is propane fired. The 450D diesel burner is found in the Anthem and Cornerstone. The unit is quiet but I can't speak for fuel consumption. The AquaHot is an on-demand water heater so you won't have a water tank to keep warm. It only heats when you use hot water so the fuel consumption for water heatign will vary as to how much water you run through it.

How loud is the heat system?

Not loud at all. Even quieter than the 450D diesel version, which isn't that bad either.

Is the personal hot water seperate from the coach heating hot water?

The coach heating system is fed via a boiler filled with Propylene Glycol boiler antifreeze. The domestic hot water runs through a heat exchanger coil within the boiler and only transfer heat. Ther is no interaction of the domestic water with the boiler antifreeze.

How quiet are the heat pumps / AC units?

Extremely quiet. Much quieter than our Allegro Bus, which also has a fairly quiet ducted system. I believe the difference is that Entegra uses a larger diameter duct with many outlets in order to keep the air velocity down.

How much kitchen counter space is there? (a pic of one be used would be good)

Can't help you there. My photos were of a different floorplan.

When the DS couch is used as a bed, can somebody from the back get to the front by walking around the bed? It looks to be inline with the entertainment center wall.

You can get past the couch when in the travel mode. When both bedroom slides are retracted you will have to climb over the bed to get to the rear wardrobe, but that's the same in most every coach.

Thanks in advance.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Mark,
Thank you for your response. I have read everyhing on your site.

I need to reword my last question. When the slides are out and the couch is made into a bed, can you move around the bed to get to the front door or do you need to climb over the bed?

We were in a Tiffin RED 38 qba and made the couch into a bed and couldn't walk between the bed and the apposing couch to get to the front door. This is one of the many items that we check when we tour mh's.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:32 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

That I cannot answer because we never made the couch into a bed when testing it.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
From the Aquahot web site:

RVers, depending on which Aqua-Hot system they choose, are able to use their vehicle's engine heat, diesel fuel and AC shore power as sources to power the boiler at the heart of the Aqua-Hot system. At its most basic level, Aqua-Hot hydronic heating uses tubing to run hot liquid into heat exchangers that disperse heat into living areas. And coils, with potable water, wrap around the boiler to transport hot water to faucets and appliances.

I suggest you do more research on the web. You can get pictures on the Entegra website.

I have a 2007 Alante', the older brother of the Aspire. With the slides open and the bed out we have no problem walking to the door. This assumes the granddaughters have not filled the area with their "stuff".
Old 03-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #6

You can get to the front door with the bed out. I am amazed that that would not be a legal and certainly a liability issue in the event of fire or other need to evacuate the coach. All just my opinion.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
dcphil - Thanks for the Aqua-Hot info. I'll dig into it. The Entega site doesn't show any interior pics of 40'. All 42'. I'll keep looking at dealers on-line for pics.

Ann n Gene that's why I asked the question as we witnessed it another brand. Don't want to be stepping over the grand kids to get my first cup of coffee in the morning.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #8

John, not sure it would requir stepping over the little ones unless your coffee maker is sitting on the front seat! LOL! Seriously, there will be space between that bed and the rt. side of the living area to pass through.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #9

On our 40DRQ there is space between the beds/sofa sleepers when they are out. You can get through without a problem - no climbing.
rvguy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvguy02 View Post
On our 40DRQ there is space between the beds/sofa sleepers when they are out. You can get through without a problem - no climbing.
Thanks
I would like to point the DW in DRQ direction. But the "public" shower as she refers to it is a deal breaker for her.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #11

There are doors on both sides of the shower area - maybe that will help her to feel better. We liked the overall layout of the DRQ better, but that's us. It's Entegra which is the best part!
Old 03-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvguy02 View Post
There are doors on both sides of the shower area - maybe that will help her to feel better. We liked the overall layout of the DRQ better, but that's us. It's Entegra which is the best part!
Looking at the catalog, there is a front door and a rear door that will close. That would eliminate someone from walking from the front of the rig thru the shower to the rear of the rig. correct?
Old 03-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #13

Yes, that's true. There is only one way through from front to back.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #14

The 40SKT floor plan was the one I liked best!

Yes, with both slides out and the bed folded out you can walk past the bed. You dont have excess counter space but enough to get the job done. I also didnt like the 'public shower" I dont have the Aqua hot, so cant help you with that one....

Here is a picture of mine.