Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2013, 01:19 AM   #1

Tile Issues With Entegra's

Hello! I have seen a few threads on this subject, has the tile issue been fixed in the 2014 models? I love the way all of the Entegras look inside and out, but like I have seen stated, when you are spending over $300K for a coach like this one I think that it's important for the coach brand to reconsider the way the coaches are leaving the factory, hopefully someone at the factory is keeping an eye on this forum, I'm aware that at this time Entegra probably has more orders at their factory then most other brands but they should also keep in mind that they do not want to lose future prospect buyers because of issues like this.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
In my opinion, there are no facts supporting the claims that Entegra has an overall problem with the tile in their coaches. Do some members on this forum have issues with their tile? Yes they do. But does everyone or even the majority of Entegra owners have an issue with tile? I know I don't but I'm but one owner. What I'm trying to say is that Entegra owners on this forum represent a very small percentage of the Entegra population. We shouldn't be jumping to conclusions that just because a few coaches have tile problems, that means all do. If I was in the market for a new Entegra, this discussion wouldn't phase me a bit in my buying decision. Again, JMHO.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrzryd View Post
In my opinion, there are no facts supporting the claims that Entegra has an overall problem with the tile in their coaches. Do some members on this forum have issues with their tile? Yes they do. But does everyone or even the majority of Entegra owners have an issue with tile? I know I don't but I'm but one owner. What I'm trying to say is that Entegra owners on this forum represent a very small percentage of the Entegra population. We shouldn't be jumping to conclusions that just because a few coaches have tile problems, that means all do. If I was in the market for a new Entegra, this discussion wouldn't phase me a bit in my buying decision. Again, JMHO.
Tom..Great of you to be the voice of reason. I do not own an RV yet but the misses and I plan on buying an Entegra in the future and this is a minor issue to me. It's not like they're breaking down or have constant flaws (think 80's era Detroit car quality). Everything I have read about Entegra so far is they stand behind their coaches and will do everything within reason to make it right. I can't find any flaw with that type of Customer Service. We're taking a factory tour next week and I'm going to ask about the tile just to see if they have an answer. It's definitely not a show stopper though.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #4

Yes they do monitor this forum and no the issue doesn't seem to hit every coach. I am one that has an issue with tile, but our 2012 Anthem had no tile issues. Flawless by my standards, which really makes my current situation so frustrating. The new coaches here on the lot at Lazydays all seem to be in good shape, but there was a time where quite a few coaches had tile issues. We've talked to quite a few Entegra owners that have bought in the same timeframe as we did and most, if not all are not satisfied with the overall appearance of the floors.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
You know, we have a few places on our tile where there is some unevenness. And we have a some places where the grout isn't even, or has some dirty (I call it rustic) coloring, But I'm told they'll fix it. I believe they will. But I have also seen a grout bleaching pen product used on some thirty year old grout this past week and it worked miracles, so I don't think this is not a workable issue.

I'd give them a chance to work it. Goodness knows, we have some electrical issues that are really head scratchers, but they are trying to work decifer multiple conflicting characteristics to find the issue. Worse come to worse, I'll go to Middleton. At least I won't have to sit on a factory site for 3-4 weeks for my turn down south!
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardan1 View Post
Yes they do monitor this forum and no the issue doesn't seem to hit every coach. I am one that has an issue with tile, but our 2012 Anthem had no tile issues. Flawless by my standards, which really makes my current situation so frustrating. The new coaches here on the lot at Lazydays all seem to be in good shape, but there was a time where quite a few coaches had tile issues. We've talked to quite a few Entegra owners that have bought in the same timeframe as we did and most, if not all are not satisfied with the overall appearance of the floors.
While I understand your frustration with the tile issues on your coach, it appears from what you say about the new coaches at Lazydays, that the issue has been addressed on new coaches. I'm sure Entegra will take care of all who do have problems and make it right. JMHO.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #7

My bet is there is a FORMER tile setter somewhere in Middleton looking for a job.
iquailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by iquailhunter View Post
My bet is there is a FORMER tile setter somewhere in Middleton looking for a job.
Just glad it is in Middleton and not Middlebury!
Old 04-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by iquailhunter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrzryd View Post
Just glad it is in Middleton and not Middlebury!
I watched the guys lay tile when I was there on Friday and it looked pretty good to me. I would think the only way to get uneven tile is 1. uneven thinset or 2. the underlayment has an issue. Their floors are rock solid, so I'm thinking this was a human induced issue with the thinset.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatnobeer View Post
I watched the guys lay tile when I was there on Friday and it looked pretty good to me. I would think the only way to get uneven tile is 1. uneven thinset or 2. the underlayment has an issue. Their floors are rock solid, so I'm thinking this was a human induced issue with the thinset.
Did you see the tile being laid using a level? I'd be glad to hear it. The right tools makes any job easier.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:15 AM   #11

Shardan,

I assume based on the your posts above that your tile is uneven? How uneven are they? I assume Entegra is willing to solve the problem? You have pics?
Old 04-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #12

Risky,
It's bad enough that when walking barefooted you are sure to pick your feet up off the floor to avoid stubbing a toe or tripping.
They said we need to bring it back to the factory to have the tiles replaced that they feel are bad. Timeframe of available appointments are less than ideal for us as our downtime is generally between February and May. We use our coach for our business and the 3-4 weeks it'll take for repairs will not really work during our work season, but we'll see!
No pics as of yet. Really noticeable with sun coming in windshield.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #13

I see; it's unfortunate you didn't catch it upon delivery. We'll inspect the floor closely on our new one.

I can understand your frustration regarding dates not working for you, but it could be worse. You could get stuck in Red Bay in a sea of RV's for who knows how long while being told they'll get on your problem right away only to wait week upon week.