Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2019, 08:19 PM   #1

Times must be good

We just got an email from lazydays. They are negating the one slight positive they had....they are charging for crown club benifits($5 breakfast $10 lunch$15 for 3 drinks in the after noon). Why would anyone pay more and get less? As a friend said big companies forget their customers in boom times. I don’t change terms on my patients in the middle ...I guess they are special
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2019, 08:39 PM   #2

Yeah......those prices will break a guy and cause one to consider alternatives
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:04 PM   #3

This “trend” is more prevalent than ever. Beginning last year, the annual Customer Appreciation Dinner hosted by Entegra during the Tampa Super Show began charging their customers a fee to attend. I paid to attend and it was still a good value, but it just seems strange to have to pay to be appreciated. This year the dinner sold out again and hundreds on the waiting list didn’t get in. Yes, times are good and the bean counters know it.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:55 PM   #4

I received the same email from Lazydays. When I was deciding where to buy, the crown club was part of my buying decision. I was told my deal included 3 years crown club and that was part of the agreement. This is misrepresentation. If they want to change the program it should start with new sales and previous customers promises should be honoured. I’m very disappointed and have asked for my “deal” to be honoured.
Dippelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:26 PM   #5

Ed

I believe this to be true but have no direct connections to Middlebury other than as a customer. This is what I have heard from people that should know. The reason that there is now a charge for the customer appreciation dinner at TAMPA is because so many people indicated they were coming but then never showed up, and Entegra was on the hook for relatively large charges for catered food for individuals that never showed up. Sometimes, when things are free, people take advantage of the opportunity to be irresponsible and not show up for meals that were contracted for them. Maybe I'm wrong.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:30 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Ed

I believe this to be true but have no direct connections to Middlebury other than as a customer. This is what I have heard from people that should know. The reason that there is now a charge for the customer appreciation dinner at TAMPA is because so many people indicated they were coming but then never showed up, and Entegra was on the hook for relatively large charges for catered food for individuals that never showed up. Sometimes, when things are free, people take advantage of the opportunity to be irresponsible and not show up for meals that were contracted for them. Maybe I'm wrong.

Gary
Could well be true. If you have a few $$ in it, then there is value to you and you'll make every effort to be there. On the other hand, that's as good of an excuse as any to start charging.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 04:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Ed

Gary
That’s true, plus with a limited number of seats available people that said they were coming and didn’t show prevented people that wanted to come from getting on the list.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 04:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
The point is they made an agreement to provide services contingent on purchasing a coach from them ,then changed the terms after the fact.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:51 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
They could simply credit back charges when people show up by offering a value added gift that exceeds the value of the payment. A customer appreciation event perception is reduced in customers eyes when they are charged by those appreciating them. Just because they can charge does not mean they should.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:19 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I just left Lazydays yesterday and no mention was made of charging for services. We have been using Crown Club for a few years and have 2 years remaining. I would hope that if there is a policy change, that we would be grandfathered. As a side note, we had by far our best service experience ever. It could not of gone more smoothly.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:21 AM   #11

I toured the Lazy Days Crown Club a year ago when our RV club had a rally there. I think the attraction to some is the ambiance. It's a very nice area to eat and spend some free time while your coach is being worked on. And for some the Crown Club makes them feel special. And according to the tour guide when I visited last year, Crown Club member get priority when scheduling work to be done and park at a separate camping site much nicer than the rest of their customers.

I would not purchase a new or used coach solely because of the amenities the Crown Club offered. However I believe there are some that do. For some, Lazy Days charging for Crown Club meals may be a deal breaker - but I doubt it.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:43 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Fox View Post
I just left Lazydays yesterday and no mention was made of charging for services. We have been using Crown Club for a few years and have 2 years remaining. I would hope that if there is a policy change, that we would be grandfathered. As a side note, we had by far our best service experience ever. It could not of gone more smoothly.
The email received yesterday says it goes into effect February 4
Old 01-23-2019, 05:50 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
I didn't like it when it was free, I sure wouldn't pay for it now
I found their service last week to be why I didn't buy my 19 there. We were staying in their rally park, base plate on the toad came loose. Went over to service and asked it it could be tightened, answer, we can look at it the first week of February. I was up there for a medical reason and couldn't do it myself. Wife drove the toad home, thank you LD....
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:06 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
It's not the price, it's the quality. I had better food in the military. Why pay 10 bucks for a crappy lunch when there is a Cracker Barrel next door with plenty of parking. JMO.
Forgot to add, Cracker Barrel is also RV friendly, more so than the other place.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote