Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2015, 05:58 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I firmly believe in tipping for good service. Regardless of what that service is. Car wash, auto repair, tailor, and so many more. A little recognition for a job exceptionally well done goes a long way in building a lasting relationship that you can most usually bank on. I even sent my salesman a bottle of good champaign after our deal was done on our motorhome. He continues to go above and beyond for me when I ask. Aside from the usual tipped professions, (servers, bartenders, car valets) it really does make a difference in my humble opinion. JMO. Paul.
PPAinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2015, 06:03 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I only tip mobile service providers. They are usually owner/operator or a 2 man operation. If they close up we don't get the emergency care when we need it.
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:21 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Tips

How much do you tip? It should both ways if the shop/mechanic does less then satisfactory I really would like somebody sorry let us fix the problem for free we know you have wasted your time on us. Has that ever happen to anybody. I have had my problems with CW I have used because could not find anybody else. All I want is what I paid for done right the first time and then I would consider tipping.
maxwell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:51 PM   #32

Here is my take from the tech side first tip or not I will do my best to get your problems solved. That is my job and I strive to be the best and that means quality work and a apology if I feel my work is not good enough. Often I hand certain jobs to co workers because I know they do it better than me caulking pretty seams for instance mine look OK but some guys do it better than me. So large tip or no tip my caulking is pretty basic it won't leak when I am done.
Oh and tips don't have to be money we had a customer for many years at a previous job and he never showed up without a box or 2 of doughnuts and never the cheap supermarket ones. Many times the entire shop would stay late to work on his coach. Did he get special treatment yep because he gave special treatment. Did he get better work done probably not but he got moved to the front of the line and the guys would stay over to fix his unit. Now compare that to other customers who feel like they have never even gotten their monies worth and would never dream of tipping a over paid tech. Nobody ever stays late to fix their stuff, I offered to stay and finish a coach one time for one of those guys and my boss said there was no way he would let me work overtime on that unit.
You guys pay good money to get repairs done and personally tip or not does not matter much to me I demand my boss pay me well or I will leave. Many of my co workers do not have that option and most are not highly paid. I was at a dealership a few years back and the owner was complaining about how he could not get and keep good techs. I told him he got what he paid for because you can't offer low pay and long hours and expect much skilled labor to apply.
1mainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:58 AM   #33

Ford Super Duty Owner
Two years ago when we got our new WBGO I needed to find an alignment shop. My local Ford dealers SM told me about a shop in a nearby town. I decided to stop before my appointment to just meet the guys and see their layout.

When I went in the place was a mess. You had to be careful where you walked. Most of their work was on wrecked semi's, twisted frames etc. It's a Pop and Pop facility. Started by a GD and a friend and it is still family owned and operated. I started talking to one of the younger guys and when I looked up I realized that he was one of my former students. We chatted about old times and he related how much he appreciated being in my class.

The tech that did the alignment really knows his stuff and he uses no computers but old school techniques. Twp guys having their rigs worked on said they use nobody else for their semi tractor alignments. And they drove two hours to get there.

The tech did a great alignment and when he shared is real passion (custom knife making) I told him that I had scraps of birds eye and curly maple he could have. I took him enough scrap pieces that he could probably make 50 knives. He's a happy camper and so was I. Later I went back and asked him to put in some additional positive caster in the MH. He did I offered him $$$ but he refused and charged me nothing.

TeJay
Old 04-26-2015, 03:37 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebear47 View Post
Do you ever tip the techs?. I know it's their job, but you can tell some go that extra mile for their customer.

I tip because Tom Crowley told me to!
😀
Dawg44b is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service