Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2016, 06:22 PM   #1

Tire Monitoring

I am looking to buy a Tire Monitoring System.. But there are a lot of them for sale.. Thought I would get some feed back from some that have had some experience with different brands.. Thanks In advance John
umsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2016, 06:25 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
We use Tire Minder. Has worked well. Excellent customer service and support.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:35 PM   #3

EEZRV TPMS is my recommendation. Very easy set up and ours has worked flawlessly for 3 years !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 07:40 PM   #4

Been using TireMinder since 2010, very pleased with system other than my operator errors which were self induced 😂

Sent from my iPhone 70NAM
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 07:58 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
been using tire minder for 3 years no problems
Old 11-20-2016, 08:05 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Tire-SafeGuard

Great system, no repeater required, true 24/7 tech support. I have been using this for 7 years now.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:02 PM   #7

Spartan Chassis
Ditto Tire Minder.
TST looks like a good product too.
Lots of IRV2 threads about TPMS products. Do a search and have an evening of reading.
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:33 PM   #8

We use a TST system with sensors on the coach and toad. Would not drive any where without it. System has worked well and tech support has been good. I like their small battery powered display "module". It will run for a week or longer without charging. The main thing I like about the display is it does not need to be permanently mounted so I can just pick it up anytime and look at it at eye level or however the light is just right thus minimizing the amount of concentration diverted from driving.

What ever type you get the important thing is to get one and use it! Mine has saved me problems several times. One time I consider very serious when the inner dual developed a leak at the valve stem that only leaked when rolling down the road. The inner could have easily gone flat and then overloaded the outer causing a major problem. I had checked all the tire pressure with a gauge that morning so I thought the TST was giving a false alarm....not! Unusual failure mode maybe but it does illustrate why the TPM is so important.
Old 11-20-2016, 10:30 PM   #9

Agreed, get one sooner than later and include your toad. Frankly, a coach as high end as Entegra should probably include it as part of the package.

I use TST and like it.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 06:09 AM   #10

Spartan Chassis
Couple of questions for TST users.

Is the system accurate first thing in the morning before moving the rv? It appears my TireMinder sensors "go to sleep" and need to sense motion before they wake up. Sometimes my readings will be different when I first check in the morning than they are after I roll for a hundred yards or so. This feature helps save battery life as my display only needs charging once a month and sensor batteries will last over a year, but can be frustrating when I get a temp reading that is considerably higher than ambient.

How loud is the alarm on the TST?
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:53 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
TST Info / Opinion and comment

I have the TST 507 Flow Thru on the MH and Toad. Not sure how happy I am with them. Had two quite communicating in the first 4 months. Have sent them back, but have not heard from TST yet on replacements. I will say their C/S has been outstanding.

Just a caution note, if you have them on your Toad watch out for car washes that use a rail to pull the car through. They need to be removed (especially the flow-through type) as they will probably get damaged.

Right now, I have another sensor that seems to be leaking air. Dropped 7#'s overnight compared to the outside dual. Both were filled to the same pressure and coach has been sitting at the campsite. Thought it may have been the valve extensions so removed the sensor in question. Pressure then held overnight.

While at the Spartan training I spoke with a Valor rep "Don Rigby" and we discussed their line of sensors. What I liked was that these were internal sensors. Don't know how they compare, but when I think that my Jeep and probably many of the new cars have internal sensors I do wonder if this would be a better way to go for tire monitoring. Since the systems are probably the same price, but the internal sensors are certainly going to cost more to install I am adopting a wait and see and will solicit opinions.

Right now I am thinking that the TST's are all losing a little bit of air over time. The one I pulled off was losing even more. I also believe that the flow-through restrict air when it come time to add it.

I do like the system, alerts are loud, display is very readable. Battery life on monitor is good. C/S again is great. I think that I will visit them if they are close to NIRVC when I go to the open house there next month.

IMHO, coaches in this price range should include this as it is not a feature, but is really a safety feature. If a 35K car can come with these as standard, why can't a 350K coach. If Valor internal sensors or any other brand of internal sensors is the way to go, then why can't they be installed before the tires are mounted.

I really do want to be fair, I am new to this subject and may be overlooking proper operation. I do know that valve extensions are problematic. I do realize that the proper tightening of the sensor to the extension and the extension to the valve stem is a source of issue too.

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by umsman View Post
I am looking to buy a Tire Monitoring System.. But there are a lot of them for sale.. Thought I would get some feed back from some that have had some experience with different brands.. Thanks In advance John
Old 11-21-2016, 12:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by umsman View Post
We use the EEZRV system with standard tamper resistant sensors. I did have to install a repeater in the back closet, due to intermittent signal loss of toad sensors.
No problems after installing repeater.
Very pleased with this system
252sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 08:16 AM   #13

I agree with Ramblin-roll. We have the EEZRV, and had to install the repeater to get constant readings. It works well for us.
hbatwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 01:01 PM   #14

EEZRV TPMS- Batteries can be replaced. Used 3 seasons no problems, use the flow thru unit.