Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
I have the repeater but not installed yet. Have not lost toad readings with 5000 miles on the road.

CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Another vote for TST - I think I'm going to need the repeater though.

Saltydog44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyinWP View Post
I have the repeater but not installed yet. Have not lost toad readings with 5000 miles on the road.
Same here.

2013 Entegra Cornerstone 45K
2012 Cadillac SRX and 2014 H-D FLHTK
P&GD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:16 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I bought the TST system while attending the IRV2 rally in Sieverville last fall. The TST rep came to our coach and installed the system. I fabricated a small bracket to mount the unit next to the driver window and hard wired the power supply. Been working great ever since. Also just bought 4 sensors for our toad. TST shipped the same day.....and installed yesterday. IMHO TST is the way to go.
bowpulpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #19

System by TMS. I also have this installed on over 300 big trucks with no issues.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:59 PM   #20

I have a TST 507 system. The monitor is about the size of a regular pack of cigarettes. I used a ~1" piece of Velcro to hold it at the left side, bottom of my dash display and routed the permanent power wire under the dash display panel and to a spare fuse. There is only about 1" of wire showing.

I mounted my repeater under the rear of the frame and ran the power wire to the Aux wire on my 7 pin connector. I just added the flo-thru sensors to my MH and 20' enclosed. I take the monitor inside during the summer and can monitor all my tires from my computer desk.

The customer support is great.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
For those with the tst system, how have you installed the monitor?

Thanks
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:42 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The suction cup mount works well for me.
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:53 AM   #23

Velcro up high on instrument panel, so I can watch it while keeping an eye on the road. No power cord because it lasts for days on a charge.
The Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #24

Nor'easters Club
I fabricated a small bracket and attached it to the driver's side window frame. The bracket is mounted on a hinge so I can fold it back when we close the front blinds. It is also hardwired to a switched power source so I can turn it On/Off whenever I want.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy
Old 05-29-2013, 11:45 AM   #25

Send a message via Skype™ to TDB1227
TST

I have the TST 507. System is working great. Very impressed with the company; didn't do my research as I was in a hurry leaving town. Ordered the 510 for overnight delivery - then I realized there was the 507 and called 1st thing in the morning asking if the 507 was better AND if I could return and swap out. The (very nice) lady told me that they realized, because of the number of sensors, that I ordered for RV and toad and made the decision to send me the 507 the night before. Usually they would call first but since it was a rush order they decided to go ahead with the 507.
Didn't have to pay for the additional premium over the 510 (which I was prepared to do).
A week later I finally got to setting it up and had some problems. A gentleman walked me thru the system and it worked. I have repeater, system & repeater both hard wired. Works great. Only during the night, when the weather gets cold, the alarm can go off; so I unplug the hard wire and silence the alarm when that happens.

Brgds T.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrzryd View Post
I'm using Tire Traker. Easy setup, replaceable batteries in sensors, excellent Custom Service from Lawrence RV accessories where I purchased it. While they will recommend ordering the signal booster, I don't need it. I mounted it with Velcro just to the right of Xite unit
Also use Tire Tracker from Lawrence RV. Easy to set up, easy to use, and it has replaceable batteries that are fairly easy to locate at most drugstores. No signal booster was necessary for us either.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #27

Thor Owners Club
I'm also considering a TPMS. How do they work with extenders? My understanding is that the typical (all?) extender is not pressurized except when checking pressure or adding air. Wouldn't a TPMS sensor cause an extender to be pressurized all the time? Should this be a concern?
Old 06-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldAero View Post
I'm also considering a TPMS. How do they work with extenders? My understanding is that the typical (all?) extender is not pressurized except when checking pressure or adding air. Wouldn't a TPMS sensor cause an extender to be pressurized all the time? Should this be a concern?
I don't have extenders but I would think they would be "pressurized" all the time. After all they are just a longer valve stem. With a TPMS, it needs to be pressurized all the time to do what they are meant to do-monitor air pressure and temperatures in real time. Side note - if you have a toad, make sure to add sensors there too.