Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Tire Pressure Monitoring

I have spent some time looking through the various forums at comments on different tire pressure monitoring systems - and now I'm more confused than when I started. My first thought was to look for one that could be permanently installed in the coach as opposed to having a plastic bracket mounted somewhere, but I couldn't even find one that wasn't manufacturer installed. I've seen positive comments on Tire Tracker, Pressure Pro, Tire-Safeguard TPMS, TST and Tire Minder. I'm leaning towards Tire Minder since it looks (to me anyway) like the easiest to setup and, since it's carried by CW, easily accessible for purchase and support. Are other Entegra owners using a TPMS and, if you are, which one and why?
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Just picked up my 2013 42 RBQ Aspire a couple of weeks ago. I have a tst system from my previous coach and hope to set it up. Ill let you know how it works if I get it set up soon.
boxhauler767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Also have a TST system from a previous coach. Works well with our 42 Aspire and picks up the toad sensors solidly without a repeater. TST has new sensors available now with a flow thru feature so they don't need to be removed to add or remove air. My sensors have field replaceable batteries. 2 year warranty and great support. If your toad has aluminum valve stems use a dab of dielectric grease to prevent galvanic corrosion with the brass sensor threads.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #4

Also use Tst. As a newbie, easy setup. Works without a hitch.
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
TST as well. Flow through would be nice, but set up is easy. I did get the repeater for the towed.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I have used Pressure Pro for the past ten years and I am completely happy with it. It has saved me from a dangerous situation more than once.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I'm using Tire Traker. Easy setup, replaceable batteries in sensors, excellent Custom Service from Lawrence RV accessories where I purchased it. While they will recommend ordering the signal booster, I don't need it. I mounted it with Velcro just to the right of Xite unit
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #8

X2 on the Tire Tracker.
azbuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #9
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Just set up coach and toad (12 total sensors and a repeater) with TST (Truck System Technologies)-easy-peasy. Put flow throughs on the coach and regular sensors on the toad.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:18 AM   #10

Nor'easters Club
I originally selected TST because of the great reviews and the ability to change the batteries myself. It's been about 4 years with no issues, but I did need the repeater to obtain a steady signal from the rear tires on the toad. I also fabricated my own bracket which I mounted to the driver's side window frame to avoid using the bulky suction cup bracket.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Y'all were supposed to make this easier! Although it seems like everyone is happy with all the brands you have installed, TST seems to get the most votes. I thought their monitor looked a little harder to use than the Tire Minder but it was a close second on my short list. Thank you for all the good feedback. Anyone see a problem with trying the system without a repeater and then adding it later if necessary?
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #12
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
Y'all were supposed to make this easier! Although it seems like everyone is happy with all the brands you have installed, TST seems to get the most votes. I thought their monitor looked a little harder to use than the Tire Minder but it was a close second on my short list. Thank you for all the good feedback. Anyone see a problem with trying the system without a repeater and then adding it later if necessary?
Give it a try. If you start to get false alarms, you'll need the repeater. TST will ship same day and you'll have it pronto.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #13
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
That's what we intend to do. Order it later if needed. I also was advised that flow through sensors should not be used on the towed vehicles vs the regular ones if you intend to run it through a car wash. Scrubbers might cause them to break because they stick out further then the ones on a mh.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm a TST Fan. I like the small transmitters (remove the silly anti-theft casing) and the user replaceable batteries. The system works well.

I would not buy the flow through transmitters. At least in my installation, they are too big, too heavy (stress on the valve stems), and too expensive. I would also never use the inside-wheel mounted (permanent) sensors as those would be a nightmare to troubleshoot if they quit working.

My sensors are no harder to remove than a traditional valve cap and require no special tools (again, without the anti-theft cover). I'd have a valve stem cap on the stem anyway so I find this a very acceptable arrangement. And, I adjust my air pressure often as we travel widely and frequently.

I also have a very high opinion of TST from a customer service perspective. They have always been quick to address any of my very minor issues. For example, I wanted to replace the batteries in a few sensors and discovered I needed to change the gasket when changing the batteries. I called and they sent me a package of gaskets for free. No charge, no shipping, no nothing.

The batteries are cheap too. You can get a package of ten on Amazon for $8.99.
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote