Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2015, 05:02 PM   #1

Tire Pressure Monitors

I would think Entegra would have tire pressure monitor systems in their coaches maybe 2016. I would think if Entegra is the one requesting Spartan put the larger tires on the front for the weight of their coaches. Entegra must spec all the systems they want added to the chassis to accommodate their builds.

If you have to put a stem in the wheel why not a internal sensor stem. Sure more money, but a better accessory to have in your coach. Since the right tire pressure is such an important safety factor for a MH. I am forever checking my tire pressures.

I guess we are spoiled being our vehicles have the tire pressure system in them.

I have been looking at the TST systems. It would save a lot of time and be a great warning system when driving down the road and you have a tire pressure problem.

I wonder when the time comes to get new tires to have the internal tire pressure stems install.

Steve
Good To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2015, 05:20 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I guess I am old school. The tire gauge still works for me. The TPM in my truck leaves a lot to be desired. I can visually see a tire needing air before the light in the dash comes on.

When checking the air in my tires it also forces me to do a visual inspection on the tires, but that is just me. They are a popular item.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:32 PM   #3

Well I know I'm old school. After 2 flat tires playing with those sensors on my valve stems, I gave them away. When they come out with a monitor that tells me I'm going to have a blowout, I'll buy again. Mean while, I'll rap my tires with a hammer.
spsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:46 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
There is nothing that should replace going around and checking all tires before a trip. However that being said having a TPMS system is just added security. I want it more for if a slow, or fast air leak should develop as I am cruising down the highway. It's a back up for me and not a replacement for checking the tires before I leave somewhere and at the rest stops.
garyhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:49 PM   #5

"SmartTire" was a good system. Don't know if it's available anymore. The sensor was on the inside of the tire wrapped around the wheel. it monitored both pressure and temperature. I had one on my last coach. Allowed me to run my tires at lesser pressures for a better ride while monitoring the temperature to make sure it was right. Also it had an alarm I could control by adjusting the percentage of tolerance. I have never been a fan of the valve stem sensors but I suggest that you find a system that monitors both pressure and temperature.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:53 PM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
X2 on knowing not only pressure but temp of tires on MH and toad...

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Big Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:54 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Rap'em at 60 mph? Good luck with that.

I've had my Pressure Pro now going on 7 years (with the same batteries) and they are worth every penny I paid for them. Once on the toad, I had a blow out and never would have know it until some one came up beside me blowing their horn. However, with the PP system, it immediately flashed lights and sounded an alarm giving me ample time to pull over without causing more damage to the toad.

On two other occasions (both with our previous mh), I was notified of an inner dual losing air. Again, the PP provided me with lights/alarm and no damage to the mh or tire as I was able to pull over prior to the tire going flat (got rid of those Goodyear G670s).

Checking your tire pressure in the morning and again when you pull over at a rest stop or fuel station, is a good thing. But that will do absolutely nothing for you if your tire picks up a nail/bolt/screw or whatever else you may run over. You'll never know you have a problem until it's much too late.

Stay clear of the cheap brands and go with an well established company/system. The price you pay will be much less than what a 22.5" tire will cost you....not to mention the body/wiring damage it will do flopping around under there.

Good luck

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:03 PM   #8

EEZRV TPMS is what we are using now and it monitors both pressure & temperature plus it works within a few minutes of turning it on before you get rolling down the road. We had another brand previously but are much more satisfied with this one. Nothing takes the place of visually checking your tires or checking with a high quality air gauge but I firmly believe a good TPMS is another safety device that is cheap money for the investment we all have in our motorhomes and toads as well as our safety and others on the road.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:12 PM   #9

I have the pressure pro system that I have transfered from
cewgcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:21 PM   #10

I hit the wrong button. I have had the system for 12 years transfering between 4 motorhomes and it is working perfectly I have replaced the sending units once.This system has saved me four times over the years,I would not be without it.
cewgcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:26 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I agree that we need to check our tires regularly, but the TPMS is an added layer.

I use the flow through TST monitors. I know some don't like the flow through's but they work for me.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:30 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
I agree that physically checking your pressure before setting out each day is a safety necessity. I really don't think thumping tires is a realistic measurement of pressure. But if your comfortable with it so be it. I've seen the damage a blown steering tire inflicts upon the front wheel well, stairs, electrical, etc. Not my idea of fun. I've had two sets of TPMS systems, one the economy version,and now TST system. My experience after two years is positive with the 507 flo thru and 507 caps on the toad. Will it prevent a sudden blowout? No but it will alert you to diminishing pressure and tire temperature. The system is accurate within 2 to 4 psi. The major advantage for me is the ability to monitor the tires on the Ford Edge toad. That's worth the bucks! CS at TST is outstanding. If you have any questions or need to discuss models give Mike a call at TST. He's actually on duty till midnight every night to handle tech emergencies.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:14 PM   #13

Tire Pressure Monitors

X2 on TST, Clay!
The pressures are displayed to me while the MH air system pressures up, and shows temp/psi all day. No surprizes!
8 on MH. 4 on toad. Flawless!
Why do they not come pre-installed? They don't have a reason to....yet. But they don't put any extra $ in build without cause or enough "buzz", me thinks.
Best wishes!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:50 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Another vote for TST 507's. Flow-thru's on the coach, caps on the toad. It may be redundant if you're checking your tires regularly but...do you? Safety First!

Tags
tire pressure