Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2018, 08:50 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Tire Replacement

On my 2014 Anthem I have Michelin’s 315’s on steer and 295’s on drive and tag. I am going to replace all of the tires because when I ordered my 14 and received it the tires on the coach were 2012’s. They are now 6+yrs old with 50,000 miles and are starting to show some wear and spider web lines on sidewalls. What is the reason for the two different tire sizes on the coach? Has anyone put 315’s on front & back? Specs show 315’s are 1” taller & 1” wider. Are rims different on back? Ride height different? I called CS and was told to contact Spartan about this issue. Could be that there is not enough room when you deflate air bags. Would appreciate any input.
Kutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2018, 09:13 AM   #2

This has been discussed several times but since I had no interest in changing anything, I did not pay any attention, but the issue is load on the tires.... the front tires are larger because they carry more weight per tire, and if my memory is right, there were troubles using tires sizes larger than specified on the steers and the steers had diffculty turning fully.

My opinion is that you gain nothing and it will cost you a bundle more money to try to upsize the tires. The tires you have on your coach are what it is designed to have and no need to change them. There were problems with Aspires when they ran much smaller tires all around (for their lighter weights), but my opinion is that you are gaining nothing to change the tires suzes...... I'd replace them with exactly what you had on them.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:17 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Gary!
Old 07-15-2018, 10:19 AM   #4

Small add to what Gary said, I recall seeing an issue on the Michelin site about being careful not to run larger tires on the dual wheel drive axle because the tires can be too close together and can actually rub in some cases. In your case, 315s on the back would put the tires 2 inches closer! Anyways, I agree with Gary.
Anthem15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:20 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
[emoji106]
Old 07-15-2018, 10:56 AM   #6

I personally would stay with Michelin’s of the same size all the way around, and check with FMCA or Coach Net for a best dollar deal and location nearest you for purchasing. Soon I’ll be doing the same. Let us know how it turns out.
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 06:52 PM   #7

Yes, by all means, look into FMCA's tire discount. You buy from the local dealer, but they sell the tires to you at a price that is often lower than their own wholesale purchase price. They would lose money, but then Michelin or FMCA (I think Michelin) sends them money to make up for the loss. If you need to buy tires and are not already an FMCA member, you will still save a bundle to buy the membership and then buy the tires.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 08:28 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I just replaced our 6 rear tires with new ones as DOT showed they were almost 8 years old with 67k miles. The dry rot on the sidewalls had me concerned. Used FMCA and saved over $100 per tire, all for a $20 membership fee. Not bad at all! The steers were replaced in 2014 and they don’t show any sign of rot (yet). So check out the FMCA tire discount, it’s well worth it!
jbreault is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement