Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2019, 10:13 AM   #1

To Rainex or not Rainex, that is the question

Looking for pros and cons of putting reinex on the windshield and other windows.
Also:
If once put on can it be removed if not happy with it?
Does it help in aiding with the bugs on the windshield?

Many thanks in advance...Gregg
Balladeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2019, 10:23 AM   #2

I use it often on the windshield and my mirrors. Never had a problem with the product. It has been a life saver twice when my wiper arms malfunctioned.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:33 AM   #3

It will seem to smear if wiped off with only paper towels. I wipe with a microfiber towel after the paper towels. Comes out crystal clear. We use it on the shower glass also.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:34 AM   #4

I've used it in the past with OK results. But, I much prefer Rejex. It lasts longer. I use it on the headlights and leading edges on the paint also. Repels water and bugs wipe off with a damp rag.
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:40 AM   #5

Probably the worst messed up windshield I ever had on any vehicle was the time that I used Rainex on a pickup truck that I applied it to, and then I paid money to work with a product to get it off my windshield, and that took a lot of effort. It was a terrible experience. Now maybe I applied it wrong, but read the directions and thought that I did what it told me to do.

So, I will not ever put it on anything. The rain ran off nicely for a while and then it didn't, and running the wipers looked like it was smearing the water or residual Rainex all over the window. As long as my wipers work, that is what I will depend on. YEMV

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:47 AM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I too don't like the way it smears on the windshield when using the wipers, especially driving at night, but it would probably be a good product to carry along just in case your wipers ever quit working.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:53 AM   #7

I used it on my old m/h when some vandalised my wipers when I was parked. I drove 5 hours at night in one of the worst rain storms I've been in and it was a life saver. Haven't used it since though.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:55 AM   #8

We use it instead of wipers and haven't had any problems. It only lasts a couple of trips and has to be reapplied. Therefore I wouldn't worry about having to get it off.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
We use it instead of wipers and haven't had any problems. It only lasts a couple of trips and has to be reapplied. Therefore I wouldn't worry about having to get it off.
My experience as well.
RiverBurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:41 AM   #10

There are ceramic coatings available that will outlast most everything else on the market. They work better than Rain-x and make cleaning the windshield a snap!
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:45 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
I also use on every thing I own. My wife gets mad at me since I do not use wipers. Never had a problem with it. I have given a friend a couple bottles after he was on a trip and his wipers stopped working on his new coach. Been using for years after an airline pilot told me about the stuff.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:59 AM   #12

I've tried RainX before and love it right after it's applied. It goes downhill fast from there. Now I use a product called Aquapel. It's not quite as easy to apply as RainX, but it lasts for months and doesn't smear like RainX. If you're looking for some help with rain, I definitely recommend Aquapel.
Itchytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 01:18 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
I started using Rain X at home when crew chiefs started using it on the windscreens/canopies of my aircraft. Now we use Rain X glass cleaner instead of the thicker stuff in a bottle. We also use it on the inside of the shower, makes it much easier to clean.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 02:12 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Rain X also sells a product you add to your window washer fluid reservoir. It seems to help and is a lot easier than trying to coat the entire window. It doesn’t smear or cause streaking. (Results may vary[emoji1])