Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-29-2016, 07:03 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Trades

We're thinking about ordering a 2017 Anthem and have been shopping around for best price and trade value. Obviously, selling ourselves would bring the best price, but since we full time, isn't feasible. We're finding significant price differences, not only in the 2017 purchase price, but also the trade price. Since we're shopping nationwide and dealers have not seen our coach in person, do we need to be concerned about them honoring trade price? For those who have received a trade price sight unseen, were there any surprises when you delivered the coach to the dealer?
Thanks
Jersimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-29-2016, 07:07 AM   #2

We traded over the internet at Total Valu RV in Elkhart with no surprises. Remember they risk losing the new sale if they don't deliver. That said we were careful to be truthful in what we told them about the coach.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:43 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Same here - No surprises after a 6 month wait. Other issues with Lazy Days but not this one.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:03 AM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Have you checked the club website for our supporting dealers? (www.entegraowners.com) Since you're mobile, seek an offer from each, and negotiate. You will need to negotiate both the price of the new unit and the trade-in.

But don't forget to also negotiate extras you want, such as an extra slide tray or dealer alterations like lumbar supports, solar panels, or color matched window film, tow bar, or water purification systems, or road wave pressure washer. When you can get the dealer to set up your coach the way you ultimately want it, you have a win/win as part of the deal.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
2013 Aspire DEQ
Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:46 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Try not to get caught up in the dealer mumbo jumbo of price for the new unit/trade value. Use the word "difference". IE, how much will the check be for. That works even if you have a note against the trade and/or are underwater on it.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 06:29 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
Try not to get caught up in the dealer mumbo jumbo of price for the new unit/trade value. Use the word "difference". IE, how much will the check be for. That works even if you have a note against the trade and/or are underwater on it.
Yup, the difference price is what it comes down to, but I like having both purchase and trade price and see the details in my spreadsheet 😊.
Jersimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 06:43 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersimon View Post
For those who have received a trade price sight unseen, were there any surprises when you delivered the coach to the dealer?
Yep, when we bought the Magna they gave us $20,000 more for our Dutch Star or they took $20,000 off the selling price. Either way was fine since all we cared about was the difference and the sales/use tax was only on the difference.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:03 PM   #8

We traded our FR Berkshire at MHSRV. We filled out a form detailing the options, extras and condition of our coach. They offered us $20k-25k more than any other dealer, sight unseen. When we arrived at MHSRV we immediately checked out the new rig and pointed out a couple of small repairs. While the tech fixed those we moved on to the new coach. Someone suggested the trade in manager or some such person would walk through the old coach with us as soon as it was unloaded. Never happened. The second day we were there we went out for lunch and when we returned the Berk was gone. We received full trade in per our phone agreement. Painless process.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 11:38 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
With significant price increases on the 2017s, inseams like the trade numbers aren't looking as good as in past years at the stat of the model year. Hopefully, forthose looking to step up or step out the numbers will start looking better in the next several months. Maybe the dealers are a little hesitant till they see what the demand will be for the 17 models.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:20 PM   #10

We traded (sight unseen)with NIRVC in Lilburn, GA and am very happy with deal. We were in Middlebury, saw the coach we liked and contacted several dealers and ended up with NIRVC. In fact we have traded 3 other times in this manner with different dealers.
We have found NIRVC to be a first class dealer for sales and service.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:37 PM   #11

When I tried to trade last fall all I found was dealers who offered pretty much 20% less than low nada book with no adds which equated to squat!
Be patient and sell it on your own is what I say. Dealers want to give low and sell high. I am all for these guys making money but some of these guys are thieves, Especially in California
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 01:15 PM   #12

My dealer sold my coach for $40,000 more than they "gave" for it a week earlier, but I wanted to get the deal done and the old coach "sold". It was a very nice coach. 2 or 3 months later, I helped a neighbor sell his 5 year old Tiffin Zephyr for all he asked for it in less than a week. I kicked myself for a good month but that was the decision I made.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 05:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
My dealer sold my coach for $40,000 more than they "gave" for it a week earlier, but I wanted to get the deal done and the old coach "sold". It was a very nice coach. 2 or 3 months later, I helped a neighbor sell his 5 year old Tiffin Zephyr for all he asked for it in less than a week. I kicked myself for a good month but that was the decision I made.

Gary
Gary

Should I feel better? They only sold mine for $30000 more than they gave me on trade. Like I said above, it was a painless process and nobody held a gun to my head.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 07:04 PM   #14

Gary, I am with you. I traded mine and upon delivery NIRVC sold it while I was still sitting in it, before we had moved out to the first couple to look at it after twenty minutes of looking it over and before leaving the coach! I was tickled for them, the dealer and me, as we all were happy and got good deals that we were happy with. JMHO

2016 44 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed