Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2018, 01:45 PM   #43

TCH

Hello, we did the highway from the middle of MT to Halifax then down into Maine. YES you can take a long gun with you. Have to do paperwork & a $25 fee (Canadian). I took 2 shotguns with me because I was going pig hunting in TN. Went though a small border post, one building with US on one side & CA on the other side.
Some places it was a very good road but most of it is older highway & one place I think was before Ontario a stretch I was down to 30mph because it was so rough. We did Wally World several times then a Rv park. Beautiful country around Thunder Bay. When we came out in Maine the US customs keep asking me where I had been hunting in CA. I had to tell him 5 times I didn't go hunting in CA after looking at our car on the trailer & around the m.h it was have a good day. Yes fuel is high but what can you do??
Craneboy302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2018, 04:44 PM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just an update on the Trans Canada Highway. Traveled from Sault St Marie east to Montreal and Quebec. There is much work going on both east and west bound on the highway. Some sections are down to only one lane with alternating traffic which at time can take 10-15 minutes to get through.
There are also sections where the pavement has been milled down to the quarry process base.
Driving through areas like that are a challenge as huge dust clouds are created making it hard to see the cars in front of you or the cars approaching from the opposite direction.
Road construction in Canada is definitely done differently from projects in the States.
Tjclarke696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:50 PM   #45

TCH

We crossed the TCH for middle of Mt to Nova Scotia. Places the road is rough, one place we were down to 35mph. They are paving places so it is getting better. We stayed at some parks but mostly Walmart or places like that. Thunder Bay was scary were we parked. The area above the Great Lakes was beautiful.
Yes you can take a long gun or guns into Ca. I did the paper work & took 2 shotguns with me. Yes, fuel was very high. Also didn't have any cell service or internet but we crossed into the US a few times to get our emails etc.
Craneboy302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ada, canada